It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a UFO dock with the ISS on Jan. 29th? (video in link)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

How fast does the ISS orbit?
17,000 mph relative to the Earth's surface, more or less.

How fast does the window through which the video is taken move relative to the ISS? Did you see the original version of the video posted last year before Streetcap stole it? Did you notice how the sunlight shifts across the Soyuz but not the "object?" Did you notice that Streetcap edited that part out?

edit on 8/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The object is clearly in shadow and it does brighten and dim with the rest of the scene in the video posted in my OP.

if you have something to say could you please say it instead of spewing crypto sound bites like some Batman villian?
edit on 17-8-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Reflections on windows have fooled me before I admit.

I don't know what is on the inside of that window, a flat surface on an incline (like a drafting table) with an object in the middle casting a shadow could possibly be the culprit.

However it would have to be lit from the reverse angle of the sunlight hitting the OUTSIDE of the ISS.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I asked questions which might be of interest.
Sometimes the right question can be more useful than a bold statement.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I have not seen the original footage...

but could the space shuttle not be responsible for casting a shadow on portions of the space station and the object in question?
edit on 18-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
Yes. And if the object is docked at the same (single) docking port at which the Soyuz is (don't know how they managed that). The light and shadow would coincide.
Here is what I'm talking about.

I thought I had seen an early version, I may have been mistaken.

edit on 8/18/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

heh... I dunno how they would mange the docking process either unless said object was docked first but could also dock the Soyuz to itself...

What I wonder is why the light seems to fluctuate?

edit on 18-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Automatic exposure changes.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I'll take your word for it...

I did notice the object light up along with other parts of the Soyuz and space station, and notice it does not have as reflective a surface...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I did notice the object light up along with other parts of the Soyuz and space station,

I noticed that, apart from a bit of CCD "bleeding", it didn't.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So you are saying the only time the object lights up is due to the charged couple device of the camera and not in fact the same light apearing on everything else?
edit on 18-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Spell

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The only part I see lighting up is where the "object" overlaps the Soyuz at the docking port. All I see is CCD saturation at that point. Other than that there is no similarity in the lighting of the object and the Soyuz. The lighting on the Soyuz changes over time, the lighting of the "object" does not.

This indicates that the "object" is not near the "Soyuz". This indicates that the "object" is not docked at the same (single) docking port as the Soyuz.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Everything below the shadow line on Soyuz lights up and dims together at the same rate.

The difference in lighting between the object and the Soyuz may be different but the lighting on the object and the parts of the ISS in shadow are the same.

What do YOU think it is?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

If I were to guess I would guess its something on the glass.
I would not guess it is something docked at the (single) docking port where the Soyuz is docked.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Any chance it could be an accidentally deployed parachute?

I just can't see it as a smudge on the glass, the lighting looks too uniform with everything else in shadow.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Any chance it could be an accidentally deployed parachute?
Highly doubtful. The Soyuz chute is contained in the mid (descent) portion of the assembly, about a third of the way back from the docking port.

Also, had that been the case, it would have been rather big (and scary) news.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well here is an interesting article that puts this UFO in a very clear light that it was photoshopped in by streetcap1.

And it shows what Phage is talking about here.

I would not guess it is something docked at the (single) docking port where the Soyuz is docked.

www.outerplaces.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If I were to guess I would guess its something on the glass.

Single docking port?!!???

Care to revise that vastly wrong guess?!?

Btw; it is not a "smudge" either. A rather simple analysis of the original image would establish that very quickly...

Though, Abe, its not a parachute either...probably something added...kind of like "added value" crap we see other places...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I did notice the object light up along with other parts of the Soyuz and space station,

I noticed that, apart from a bit of CCD "bleeding", it didn't.

You truly NEED t go find, and make some attempt at understanding the technical datasheets for CCDs and especially those ready for space/astronomical work.

Perhaps then you can give better responses...seriously man, that statement doesn't serve you well at all...
Try this one: Kodak KAI-10100...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So someone is saying Streetcap1 photoshopped this craft into 2 1/2 minutes of NASA video? No one ever disputed the original video was from NASA.

Is the video in the NASA archives?

If it is, that will easily show whether it has been photoshopped into the video.

If the original video is not there it probably means NASA is hiding something, big surprise.

Not all may be significant, but Streetcap1 has some awesome videos of very strange things!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join