It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a UFO dock with the ISS on Jan. 29th? (video in link)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

edit on 7-2-2014 by parad0x122 because: didn't see hyperlink in OP

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

This....ahahah this!! So good!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thats not the object but rather the other one near it. I have to say its an interesting object seems real.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

A winner! Thanks for IDing it.

A big tell in perusing this stuff is the lack of "before and after" footage... i.e. where did the unidentified thing come from, where did it go. Selected footage not showing this, or just the middle portion of the sequence, suggests those bits of footage hold the answer, or at least show it as far less mysterious.

Not to say there isn't some puzzling stuff... there is. This ain't it, though. It IS cool...as is the fact we are in space! Neat-o and pass the ray gun!

That said, that "story" about the tall aliens rapping with astronauts is weird... has the story teller been found to be a fraud, liar or schizoid effective yet?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
Thats not the object but rather the other one near it. I have to say its an interesting object seems real.

I understand that you are talking about the tan colored wedge, but I doubt that anyone would allow a “UFO” to dock when many eyes were on that area of the station to watching the docking/undocking of progress. What it most likely is then is a part of Progresses undocking procedure, or a piece of equipment that was attached to progress as part of, or in preparation for, the testing it was going through the next day.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I'm going with camera artifact...when the space station lights up for some reason a portion of this object does not...even though it's small portion that would hit the light, it does not light up...not a spacecraft and my position is nothing is even attached to it..

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Check out at 14 seconds on elevenaugust video clip...the station lights up but the object does not..it should light up a bit more given the intensity of the light...camera artifact folks..nothing more..

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I, Clark C. McClelland, former ScO [Spacecraft Operator], Space Shuttle Fleet, personally observed an 8 to 9 foot tall ET on his 27 inch video monitors while on duty in the Kennedy Space Center, Launch Control Center (LCC). The ET was standing upright in the Space Shuttle Payload Bay having a discussion with TWO tethered US NASA Astronauts! I also observed on my monitors, the spacecraft of the ET as it was in a stabilized, safe orbit to the rear of the Space Shuttle main engine pods. I observed this incident for about one minute and seven seconds. Plenty of time to memorize all that I was observing. IT WAS AN ET and Alien Star Ship!”

9 Foot alien that just happens to be able to speak English...............sounds legit

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

why couldn't that happen? i've seen 4 foot french man talk german to germans.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

it is partially shadowed by the ISS. so its obviously not a small object close to the lens.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It's the Olympic torch. See here: www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Using the Soyuz schematic on Wiki as a location reference and looking closely at the images from the video, if I had to guess?

I'd say that the reentry parachute from the Decent Module had accidentally deployed and gotten wrapped around the Orbital Module.

Image cut-out of, and link to Wiki page with full Soyuz stack image:

Wiki-Soyuz

Next, image I picked from the video, enlarged and enhanced to show what looks to be something like a premature parachute deployment wrapped around the Orbital Module - highlighted as well to illustrate theory.

If this theory is indeed the case, I personally would not be surprised if NASA and Russia both zipped their lips. They are not anything about transparency in space exploration... not even close, lol.

edit on 9-2-2014 by redoubt because: typo attack

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by elevenaugust

Check out at 14 seconds on elevenaugust video clip...the station lights up but the object does not..it should light up a bit more given the intensity of the light...camera artifact folks..nothing more..

Or (if the camera is mounted inside the ISS, behind a window) it could be a blob of something on the window .

It does not light up the same way as the other objects that "appear" to be close to it (if it was attached to the side of the Soyuz). The only times we see the light intensity change on it is when the video gamma is turned up and down. Otherwise, the light intensity of the object stayed constant while the rest of the stuff all around it changed as the sunlight condition changed.

edit on 2/9/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
See my post and link above. No theory, fact. Here's another link:
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Olympic Torch theory works if one can imagine a torch that large being in orbit.

In ref to the image located at space-dot-com ... the quote under the pic says: The Olympic torch for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia will [WILL] go where no torch has gone before: out on a spacewalk from the International Space Station."

The term is strictly pretense and the image of that giant torch is, in my opinion, inserted and symbolic.

I'll stick with my theory of the accidental chute deployment for now... until I see a spacewalk with a torch that is twice as big as the astronaut holding it

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Think what you want.

www.space.com...
www.nasa.gov...

It's just not as large as you think.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is a just a test of the International Space Condom.
It will help taxpayers from a further boning.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ropr2

Going to remove this reply until I have researched dates a bit more.

edit on 9-2-2014 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The video is very impressive. To be honest I didn't pay much attention to the news reports on the internet surrounding this until I got bored today and thought I would take a look. I was pleasantly surprised. I have no idea what the object is. What is obviously clear is that this IS an object docking at the International Space Station. The question is: What is it? It would be interesting to know who the occupants were.
edit on 9-2-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The torch was deployed on Nov. 9, 2013 and returned to Earth a day later. The video is from that timeframe. That it was posted online later is misleading.
As for the parachute deployment theory, what's keeping the parachute extended like that, the Jet Stream?

I've had my say, enjoyed the thread and responses. Carry on.

edit on 9-2-2014 by ropr2 because: additional info added

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join