It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experiences

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

No...it seems disgusting have human feces just sitting in wastebasket. That is what's on the paper after you wipe - human waste, crap, poop, whatever you call it...it has to smell terrible. I mean how long before it's emptied?

Maybe we are spoiled, I don't know. But I for one can't wait until we have "the three seashells"

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

RedParrotHead
reply to post by BMorris

No...it seems disgusting have human feces just sitting in wastebasket. That is what's on the paper after you wipe - human waste, crap, poop, whatever you call it...it has to smell terrible. I mean how long before it's emptied?

Maybe we are spoiled, I don't know. But I for one can't wait until we have "the three seashells"

I don't know how spoiled Americans are but ask yourself what happens to the mega tons of human waste and used TP here in the US of A. Oh yeah, it ends up flowing from your kitchen tap.

So no, spoiled doesn't seem to fit the bill. Polluted, maybe.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Where does their waste go?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't claim to know where theirs goes. Just making the point that its wise to clean up one's own doorstep before criticizing the neighbor's doorstep, especially when we're not even able to see the neighbor's doorstep other than through the eyes of known prevaricators with an agenda.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You guys were expecting something different?

There's always something to complain about, regardless what country hosts the games!

The actual reason is probably that the guys that installed the wiretaps and bugs were probably called out of retirement... so they don't work that fast. Professionalism takes time you know! Nothing but the best!

Doorknobs and curtains are just finishing touches for the maids to worry about. The water should clear up in about 2 weeks or so.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Well, my waste water gets piped to a sewage treatment plant and treated before being emptied into a river way down stream. Anything not liquified somewhere along the process is scoped out and incinerated. As to what comes out of my kitchen faucet - that's treated water from my well which is pumped from one the 2 aquifers in my area...the deeper one.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hotel guests having their pillows confiscated to be given to athletes.

www.vocativ.com...

edit on 6-2-2014 by Leonidas because: added link

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Leonidas
Hotel guests having their pillows confiscated to be given to athletes.

hey.....comrade.....it is for the greater good.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
As an athlete, would you rather go without a pillow...OR...have one forcibly taken from a total stranger and given to you, "with love"?

The irony of the whole thing is NOBODY is sleeping on THOSE pillows tonight.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

RedParrotHead
reply to post by frazzle

Well, my waste water gets piped to a sewage treatment plant and treated before being emptied into a river way down stream. Anything not liquified somewhere along the process is scoped out and incinerated. As to what comes out of my kitchen faucet - that's treated water from my well which is pumped from one the 2 aquifers in my area...the deeper one.

Do a little research on our aging waste water treatment plants, they're a lot less safe than people want to believe. But I suppose feeling safe and protected is more important than scary talk about upgrading failing infrastructure systems. What you don't know can't hurt you, right?

And remember, the guys with the nuke codes had to cheat to pass the tests, but I'm sure municipal waste water workers are held to a higher standard.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

MonkeyMentat
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

So.... what's the last picture (bottom right) telling you not to do?

Don't Sochi?

LOL....I was wondering the same thing.....why the legs spread...

I think it may be saying..."No Graffiti"..."No writing on the wall in the toilets, please". ?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

frazzle

RedParrotHead
reply to post by frazzle

Do a little research on our aging waste water treatment plants, they're a lot less safe than people want to believe. But I suppose feeling safe and protected is more important than scary talk about upgrading failing infrastructure systems. What you don't know can't hurt you, right?

And remember, the guys with the nuke codes had to cheat to pass the tests, but I'm sure municipal waste water workers are held to a higher standard.

when I went to take my wastewater treatment test I was put in a room with video cameras, and I couldn't even use my own calculator or pencil even. we had 100 questions we had to answer and had to get atleast a 70% on the test to pass. Though I don't work at a wastewater plant I did take the tests and classes for it.
edit on 6-2-2014 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

the classes were a joke but you did have to know what you were doing atleast somewhat competently to pass the tests.
edit on 7-2-2014 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Starling

UxoriousMagnus

MonkeyMentat
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

So.... what's the last picture (bottom right) telling you not to do?

Don't Sochi?

LOL....I was wondering the same thing.....why the legs spread...

I think it may be saying..."No Graffiti"..."No writing on the wall in the toilets, please". ?

I like it....I think you may be onto something.

but maybe drunk graffiti or something....can't even stand up graffiti

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I am fairly certain the last graphic indicates for us to not take a erm... log... from the bowl and play airplane with it.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Maybe the next time the US hosts the Olympics we can have them in Detroit. Sochi looks like paradise compared to parts of the US.
edit on 7-2-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

kx12x
I don't know about that. Maybe the media is trying to make Russia look bad?

For what purpose? There is none. Russia has made itself look bad. It's the only country that couldn't get itself together to be able to prepare for the Olympics. It's not a third world country. But it's steeped in corruption. The news is reporting the effects of that corruption. It's something that Russia doesn't take kindly too .... truth about it's gov't. Just ask the rock band members that were tossed in jail for daring to write a negative song about Putin.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

wantsome
Maybe the next time the US hosts the Olympics we can have them in Detroit. Sochi looks like paradise compared to parts of the US.

I would hope we'd be smart enough not to try to do such a thing. Russia wanted Sochi to be a future tourist destination. They brought the Olympics there to try to build it up. But instead, the corruption just exposed the mess. Lipstick on a pig.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
opening 07/02/2014 at 20:14 Moscow time

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

wantsome
edit on 7-2-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

I'm sure it does. For the $50 billion they supposedly spent, I'd hope it would look better than Detroit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join