It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experiences

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by neo96

There is, about 2-3 inches from the rim. Looking at it further, it might be a shadow, but I can't tell. It appears to be water.
edit on 5-2-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

That's a shadow, water would distort the light as it came in, you'd see a fairly distinct difference between the porcelain above and below the water line, it almost certainly wouldn't be that high up in the bowl, though.

edit on 2/6/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The usual crying and whining when an Olympics or any other games is held outside the west or European countries , happened with China, happened with India , happened with Bangladesh and its now happening with Russia ... Am sure its only the govt. and their sponsored propaganda media ...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Its not that unusual to be asked not to flush toilet tissue. Many countries in eastern Europe make the same request. The only reason it seems odd/disgusting/hilarious to you, is because its something you've not encountered before.

Its just a paradigm shift.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

graffiti?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
One sportswriter at Sochi that i follow on Twitter, tweeted that he had 3 light bulbs to trade for a door handle. Apparently his hotel room didn't have a door handle.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

hah!! Dogs...nice
. If I brought you a chuckle, that made my day! PEACE.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Those darned Russians. They stopped the US from its next goal ~ Regime change in Syria. They offered Ukraine a better deal than the west. They put a crunch on gay propaganda being fed to youngsters.

Ohhhhhhh loooooook. Brown water in Sochi. Maybe they have a direct water pipeline from West Virginia.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

MonkeyMentat

So.... what's the last picture (bottom right) telling you not to do?

Don't Sochi?

Please for don't fish the trout or hump X of red while eating American doghot on floor in Sochi bathroom. Comrade Highest Order Vladimir thanks you.

Much To Thanks,

Premiere The Hotel Olympic And Safety

edit on 6-2-2014 by Kgdetroit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Since you pointed out he has something in his hand; I think it means no writing on the walls.

Maybe?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
created Reykjavikreply to post by BMorris

The practice is common even in America, in some places that have septic systems and in some trailer parks.

Not all toilet paper is created equally.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This is what kind of raised my CT eye brow...

In any case, the world can decide for itself soon enough. Sochi’s opening ceremony will air Feb. 7 at 11 a.m. ET; the actual events will start the day before.

Is this so they can edit for intended content? Weird imo.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I don't think you can see the water in the toilet bowl from that angle. The toilets are designed to use very little water. The water cascades when flushed, fast, and with force, to clear the commode but conserving water.

I know you have heard the saying, "If it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown flush it down."

Some systems are contained and require emptying. Closed systems are limited in how much water or waste they can hold. Honey dipping is a big and lucrative business in many places.

Take it from an old country gal. I grew up in a rural area. We had well water for drinking. We bathed in heated spring water and washed our hair with rain water. It was practical, though I am sure that some will call it primitive. Too bad those, will never know the joy and pleasure of living the simple life and a time were some basics were free for all. A time when community meant sharing, respect, guardianship and protection for the common good. A time long past and for many forgotten.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Kgdetroit

MonkeyMentat

So.... what's the last picture (bottom right) telling you not to do?

Don't Sochi?

Please for don't fish the trout or hump X of red while eating American doghot on floor in Sochi bathroom. Comrade Highest Order Vladimir thanks you.

Much To Thanks,

Premiere The Hotel Olympic And Safety

edit on 6-2-2014 by Kgdetroit because: (no reason given)

lol
edit on 112828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"This is just the whimpy western journalists complaining about the beautiful, awesome, completely ready, completely safe, corruption free Sochi, Russia. It is the west simply trying to discredit the Russian. Nevermind the photo documentation…everything is perfect."

I think that sums up the Russian response.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does it seem like Russia was sitting around a month ago and said, "Oh crap, the Olympics are next month! We've got to get accommodations ready!"

I mean, even China didn't put journalists and visitors in hotel rooms like that.

Or maybe Russia is playing the ultimate troll ...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well, here in Russia we have water supply networks maintenance periods every year. There were times when these periods lasted for 3-4 weeks. That means you don't have hot tap water for a month. Nowdays in Moscow these periods last for 5-10 days once a year.

And yes, after ANY maintenance you've got brown/orange water with iron oxides and other stuff for an hour or so.

Why haven't they done the work before the Games? What is the quality of newly built water supply networks if they require maintenance just from the day one?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

MystikMushroom

I mean, even China didn't put journalists and visitors in hotel rooms like that.

this is a good point. China spent nearly $48billion and Russia is spending upwards of $51billion. Granted there is probably added cost for winter vs. summer games but I think it shows how lame this has been managed.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

China: "We really want to put on a good show and score some respect with the international community!"

Russia: "What? If you don't like it go home. And no, you can't take Snowden with you".

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Related thread from ATSMediaPro

Link

cool pictures

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Toilet paper in bins rather than toilets is not that unusual. If you go to corfu you have to do this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join