It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1929 Stock Market chart update, coincidence or something else

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
1929 was a carefully engineered crash, designed for the 1%ers of the day to make millions.

All the bankers called in their margin loans at the same time, after they were all secretly invested in gold and oil stocks, and had removed all their money from the stock market.

Now, people today say "yeah, but there aren't any margin call loans anymore". Which is where you are WRONG. A huge percentage of people worldwide have a margin call loan, but it's just called something different now. It's called a CREDIT CARD.

If you look at the fine print of your credit card, you will see that the bank has the ability, at any time, to adjust your credit limit as they see fit, and/or call in the loan at any time. This is exactly the same as a margin call loan.

According to the chart here (brilliant correlation, BTW), we should see a market crash around the beginning or middle of April. What most people forget is that about 2 years after 1929, in 1931, there was an even bigger market crash that gets almost totally ignored by the history books. Also, before 1929, there was a big crash in 1907.

Now, using almost the same timeline, 1907 = 1987, 1929 = 2008, 1931 = 2010. We're quite a long way overdue for the 2010 crash.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
not to mention the current bond market bubble....
I'm told
It's mathematically certain to burst .....
soon

the one thing we do know for sure though is:
that the market IS rigged

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, even the great criminal himself [Capone] said "the market is a racket".

But, as shocking as this chart is, I don't think anything like the market crash in 1929 will have as much of an impact. The world is to globalized, and to connected for something like that to happen again, especially if it happens to first world nations. Remember, money isn't really money anymore, it's just numbers to represent power.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

I would have agreed with you on this but take another look at the graph and what happened today it's following the 1929 pattern.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Your correct about the scale but the circumstances are proving to be the same, even today the graph is still in line with th 1929 graph.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MongusePro

I would have agreed, but go to McClendon.com and read what this company has been doing for years and you will have a better understanding of it, besides everyone forgets that Warren buffet moved large sums of money just before the new year and he even said that there will be a correction, where does he get his info, also explain how the high profiled bankers end up dead just days apart.
edit on 6-2-2014 by 19KTankCommander because: sp

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

It's not my chart but McClellan, but you have to admit that this chart was done in October an the current market is following this chart, if you don't agree with the chart from 1929,then explain how someone mapped the current market so closely to the actual results.
edit on 6-2-2014 by 19KTankCommander because: sp

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

Its a coincidence. All bubbles tend to share a similar pattern. I predict the two patterns will diverge completely within two months and start to look nothing alike. The stock market will be 500 points higher by the end of the year. The feds free money pump will continue to benefit US stocks. Japan will not default on its debts this year. If severe problems do happen leading to a crash they will have somewhere in Europe.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It's not "extremely improbable". That only seems to be the case because of how you're choosing to shape the context.

It is extremely improbable for them to be so similar by pure chance. There is obviously a similar set of circumstances occurring between both charts causing them to follow very similar trends. Markets are typically extremely hard to predict, if I had of made a prediction back in 2012 that both of those charts would match up all the way up until 2014 I doubt even a single person would have believed me, they would have cited all kinds of statical mathematics to show why I was wrong, and they would have been perfectly right to think I was wrong.

Tell you what, one of us comes back here in May and tells the other how much of a fool they were.

Deal?

Sure, why not.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I already did. Look at my previous post.

They rescaled the y-axis without telling anyone = lied

Another obvious difference is the double/triple top of 1929-1934, vs what's going on right now.

How does it begin to make sense to compare 2013-2014 to 1928-1929?

People were attempting to align charts from 1929 and 2008. Same thing here, except it makes even less sense.

reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Except they're not even close to aligned.

Check my previous post.

You've been duped.

edit on 6-2-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Check my previous post.

Obviously they look different if you apply a 1:1 ratio, like I said before, the important thing is the underlying trends in the data. The fact the ratio of the left axis has been skewed to highlight the features in the data does not detract from the validity of the comparison. All it means is that if both lines continue to follow each other then it wont be such a dramatic drop as it was in 1929, but it will still be enough of a drop to cause serious problems.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

webedoomed

I already did. Look at my previous post.

They rescaled the y-axis without telling anyone = lied

Another obvious difference is the double/triple top of 1929-1934, vs what's going on right now.

How does it begin to make sense to compare 2013-2014 to 1928-1929?

People were attempting to align charts from 1929 and 2008. Same thing here, except it makes even less sense.

Check my previous post.

You've been duped.

Its about as ridiculous as the post saying Warren Buffet moved a bunch of money out of stocks. Yeah, he sold some positions and added to others, just like he does every quarter.

I bet 95% of the posters here have no idea how to read a stock chart.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Again, the chart is too narrow in scope. You must take into account the rolling changes and the fact that we have a support network unimagined in the Great Depression.

BTW, we have not come out of the mini-depression of 2008-2009, that is what is causing the doom and gloom. I repeat, this is noise. A healthy correction may be in order, but it will be nothing near a collapse.

Please check the history on a lengthy scale of 50 - 60 years to understand the ups and downs. An Andex chart not only shows this, but it shows dramatic events (J.F.K. assassination. oil shocks in 79 etc., and the corresponding results. By looking at this your view will change.

If not, please sell in angst, I am ready to buy.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I guess you underestimate those of us that are commenting on this by saying that we don't understand stocks, well guess what I do and I follow events around the world and the stocks, have being invested in 100+ company's I have to stay on top of my retirement , the question that you pose about the charts don't mean anything then explain to us why this chart was released in Oct of 2013 and the current market is following this so called coincidence chart of 1929, did someone predict the market back in October is there something else going on. Explain why the market gained ground today to follow the chart, also there are a bunch of 4th quarter earnings due tomorrow. Are we do for a correction ? Why did three top bankers all die in the past week? Are we following a preset market? Did these bankers die because they knew to much? To many coincidence.
edit on 6-2-2014 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

How can you even begin to say that? You said "you don't have to be a math genius"... I'm going to say: you have to be math competent...

There are two axis which make this data. You said, "extremely improbable" for it aligning correctly.

The axis are:

x = time
y = amount

They just fudged the amount, and choose where to set start/end dates to try and make it seem as if it was aligned to complete laymen.

It took me a rough glance, and some decent sense to realize it was nonsense.

How can you just throw off the fact that this guy/gal just completely messed one whole axis, and yet is even "aligned". It makes no sense at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

They just fudged the amount, and choose where to set start/end dates to try and make it seem as if it was aligned to complete laymen.

No they didn't force it to match, they looked at data with a specific scaling and realized that it matched 1929. There is nothing invalid about that, chart comparisons are made all the time like that. If the trends didn't match then no degree of scaling would make them match. The simple fact is that the trends match. Find me any other data set which matches so closely to the 1929 data using any scaling ratio that you like. Get back to me when you have achieved that.
edit on 6/2/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If you look at the charts, and believe that this actually means something, then the DOW may correct to around 13,000. As far as percentage loss, this is nothing compared to '29. And, as one other poster said, there are far more safety nets in place now to prevent another collapse....at least within our own borders.

The thing to watch is the GLOBAL economy and how the dollar will fare long term.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Today's market and the 1929 market are incomparable. Chart is meaningless.
2nd.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

And, as one other poster said, there are far more safety nets in place now to prevent another collapse

I love all these people talking about how modern day "safety nets" will stop any collapse from happening. I stand in awe at your faith in the system. What complete nonsense... how well did those safety nets stop the 2008 collapse? Sure the system is much more complex with more fail safe mechanisms, but more complexity is not always a good thing. In fact it could even make the situation worse, like a complex house of cards. Back in 1929 they didn't have to deal with all the complications of the modern day economy, it was simpler to understand what was happening and it was simpler to rebuild it and get back to a stable point.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

webedoomed
reply to post by Blue Shift

It's absolutely false.

If anyone bothers to check the chart from 1929, they'll see a much different looking graph, which drops near 90%, not 50%.

Completely manipulated nonsense.

GD Chart

Not even remotely close!

Here's that whole shaping the context to fool gullible people info I was talking about:

An Incredibly Misleading Chart is Warning of a 1929 Style Market Crash

In McClellan’s chart, the y-axis for the 1928-29 line (on the right) uses a much different scale from the axis that applies to the current line (on the left). This is what makes the two lines look superficially similar. But if you index both series to their starting points—early July 2012 and mid-February 1928, which aligns the October 1929 crash with mid-January 2014—and put them on the same scale, the results tell a different story

What's that about my "illogical" reasoning? Seems people don't want to apply reasoning that counters their irrational fears and preconceived notions.

edit on 6-2-2014 by webedoomed because: notamathgeniusbutstilltopofmyclass.u?

Thank you so much for this post. Further up the same page, I said the same thing, but in quick and simple terms, without the effort to clarify the facts. Anyone who is reading this thread without rolling their eyes should pay attention to this post.

To add - the reason my post didn't contain the useful information his did here is because it was so obvious and easy to see at a quick glance that the chart is total bullschnickity. It seems my snap comment didn't turn any heads, but after the very clear debunking he posted, anyone who checks out his post I quoted here and doesn't call for the hoax bin is just hoping for a crash, when there is absolutely nothing indicating a crash anytime in the foreseeable future.

Please: hoax bin this garbage. It's bad enough people don't understand Debt:GDP, which drives me nuts (YAAAR!) on a daily basis here. I personally put the debt-panic, and imminent market crash crowds in the same group as the "Nibiru is visible from Australia" crowd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join