It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$&&$&@ Girl Scout cookies!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

Bro! My dog! My Hoosier! I was just hit up today! I got the 3.50 price too!!! Feels like a steel living in Illinois, I have a fellow Wisconsin co-worker that asked today.... For 3.50 a box, who can say no!!! NOT ME!!!

Illinois G-Scout Cookies cost more.... It's a scam after I came across 3.50 boxes!!!

I can't wait!!!

Monday! Monday! Monday! Nummies!!!

Ohh... To stay more on topic... yea.... They swarm you when you leave the store... Then you feel bad when you see them frown... It's a scam!!! LOL!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

I think a remedy for this would be to reinforce the actual definition of spare change. In common parlance here in the UK, spare change refers to funds you have, which are in coin, rather than note form (because our denominations of notes are £5, £10, £20, and the massive, and little seen £50 notes. Everything smaller than those is in coin form).

However, that is not realistic. Sometimes, the change you have in your pocket is worth more to you, than a cool million pounds or dollars, is worth to a multi-millionaire, and therefore, it is not technically spare. It is change, but it is not spare. I will next to always slot a couple of coins into a charity box, but I do not buy merchandise from charities or fundraising events, simply because if I did, I would be the charity case, and unable to actually put ANYTHING in a charity pot.

The real issue here, is you have to remember that when you do not have the SPARE change to buy cookies, you are under no obligation to purchase them. Me particularly? When I get asked to buy sweets for charity, turn to the person offering and say "No thank you, am not a person posessed of a particularly sweet tooth." and then I place some small change in the pot.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join