It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Postal Service Announces Giant Ammo Purchase

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The U.S. Postal Service is currently seeking companies that can provide “assorted small arms ammunition” in the near future.

On Jan. 31, the USPS Supplies and Services Purchasing Office posted a notice on the Federal Business Opportunities website asking contractors to register with USPS as potential ammunition suppliers for a variety of cartridges

“The United States Postal Service intends to solicit proposals for assorted small arms ammunition,” the notice reads, which also mentioned a deadline of Feb. 10

U.S. Postal Service Announces Giant Ammo Purchase

So now the USPS is arming up as well? In the face of ammo shortages, massive Fed buy ups of ammo and the closing down of our lead smelting plants.....it frustrates me to see even the Postal Service buying ammo.

But the question remains.....Why?

edit on 5-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Because of the zombie outbreak. Not the one with the brain eating ones, the one where the unemployed starving masses revolt...

edit on 5-2-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Great....Now they can all go Postal.

The answer as to why seems obvious.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So now the USPS is arming up as well? In the face of ammo shortages, massive Fed buy ups of ammo and the closing down of our lead smelting plants.....it frustrates me to see even the Postal Service buying ammo.

With all the money the post office is losing maybe TPTB are hoping the employees will go postal on each other ? There has been something fishy about all the ammo purchases for the last couple of years; wonder who will be next for the big buy?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Make sure you keep your dogs and cats hidden from the postman from now on. Dogs and cats will be classified as possible terrorists in the near future.
edit on 5-2-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The ONLY reason the U.S. Postal service needs tons of ammo would be due to the fact that after a post apocalyptic scenario, we would all revert back to snail mail. The postman would need to be WELL armed to defend against evil groups of people who would kill any postman attempting to spread mail in an attempt to rebuild America.

It's all right here in this movie folks -

Pretty damn good movie too I might add.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
"Strange Days Indeed"

J.L.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Why would the Post Office be buying ammunition?

Because they need it: United States Postal Inspection Service, which is an arm of the agency that is law enforcement.

Dum-dum (aka Alex Jones) did this in 2012 when he posted the exact same thing, except that the agency looking for bullets that time was the Social Security Administration. Which then had to explain to all the tin foil hat types that they have a law enforcement arm that needed bullets.

As we said in a recent post, our office has criminal investigators, or special agents, who are responsible for investigating violations of the laws that govern SSA’s programs. Currently, about 295 special agents and supervisory special agents work in 66 offices across the United States. These investigators have full law enforcement authority, including executing search warrants and making arrests.

Our investigators are similar to your State or local police officers. They use traditional investigative techniques, and they are armed when on official duty.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

rickymouse
Make sure you keep your dogs and cats hidden from the postman from now on. Dogs and cats will be classified as possible terrorists in the near future.
edit on 5-2-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

sonofa!!! I didn't thin about that....I was picturing all these armed postal workers in the post office.....of course the deliverers are going to be armed and my black betty will be the first dog shot

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It seems to me that the Fed is making a major blunder.

They seem to be thinking that in a SHTF scenario they want all of 'Their' people armed and the more the merrier.

In a conflict they are adding up numbers of them and us.

The problem they face is that their 'us' numbers include a great many who may choose to be on the other side. All of these Federal workers are also mums and dads, uncles and aunties.

I cannot see the posties siding with the hardened FBI agents. In fact many of the FBI agents may choose to switch sides.

But hey, who is next. Why not arm the tea ladies and laddies, with pump action riot shotguns.

P

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

727Sky

With all the money the post office is losing maybe TPTB are hoping the employees will go postal on each other ? There has been something fishy about all the ammo purchases for the last couple of years; wonder who will be next for the big buy?

maybe...dog catchers?

like your idea of forced attrition there too by the way

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Well of course they are going to say that! They need some excuse after all. Just wait, it will not take long for posties to be armed against those vicious dogs and killer cats.

lol

P

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

pheonix358
It seems to me that the Fed is making a major blunder.

They seem to be thinking that in a SHTF scenario they want all of 'Their' people armed and the more the merrier.

In a conflict they are adding up numbers of them and us.

The problem they face is that their 'us' numbers include a great many who may choose to be on the other side. All of these Federal workers are also mums and dads, uncles and aunties.

I cannot see the posties siding with the hardened FBI agents. In fact many of the FBI agents may choose to switch sides.

But hey, who is next. Why not arm the tea ladies and laddies, with pump action riot shotguns.

P

well....at least we know where to go to get ammo....

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I do not believe the USPS is buying ammunition.
The way I think it's happening is that it's basically being bought through the Administration and the invoices are just kinda being spread around to (in their minds) lessen suspicion.

Instead of saying "________ is buying 100 Billion rounds of ammo" they release it over time saying DHS is buying X amount of ammo, then months later....FEMA is buying X amount of ammo....then Fish & game is buying X amount of ammo.....USPS is buying X amount of ammo.....Weather service is buying X amount of ammo......

Every Government agency has bought a huge amount of ammo in the last couple years some of which doesn't even have a use for ammunition.

They think they're being sneaky but I see whats happening......or I'm just paranoid.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

mwood

I do not believe the USPS is buying ammunition.
The way I think it's happening is that it's basically being bought through the Administration and the invoices are just kinda being spread around to (in their minds) lessen suspicion.

Instead of saying "________ is buying 100 Billion rounds of ammo" they release it over time saying DHS is buying X amount of ammo, then months later....FEMA is buying X amount of ammo....then Fish & game is buying X amount of ammo.....USPS is buying X amount of ammo.....Weather service is buying X amount of ammo......

Every Government agency has bought a huge amount of ammo in the last couple years some of which doesn't even have a use for ammunition.

They think they're being sneaky but I see whats happening......or I'm just paranoid.

With the way the storms have been causing so much grief lately, I can understand why the weathermen want to be armed.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The Post Office (not that I want to defend them) actually have armed postal police. They are responsible for investigating crimes related to illegal actions that use the Post Office (guns / drugs / Fraud / identity theft / etc). They are fully commissioned with full arrest authority.

United States Postak Inspection Service

reply to post by mwood

An interesting point. I wonder if the government agencies that are purchasing ammo is destined for just one group? Spreading out the purchases will gain attention sure as opposed to one entity buying it all which would raise more red flags.

the other theory I have seen floating around is this is a backdoor effort to restrict firearms. If the people who have guns wont give them up, then simply buy up the one item that is needed to complete the gun.
edit on 5-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If they buy all the ammo...it changes the game.

They buy the ammo, so we can't.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

adjensen
Why would the Post Office be buying ammunition?

Because they need it: United States Postal Inspection Service, which is an arm of the agency that is law enforcement.

Dum-dum (aka Alex Jones) did this in 2012 when he posted the exact same thing, except that the agency looking for bullets that time was the Social Security Administration. Which then had to explain to all the tin foil hat types that they have a law enforcement arm that needed bullets.

As we said in a recent post, our office has criminal investigators, or special agents, who are responsible for investigating violations of the laws that govern SSA’s programs. Currently, about 295 special agents and supervisory special agents work in 66 offices across the United States. These investigators have full law enforcement authority, including executing search warrants and making arrests.

Our investigators are similar to your State or local police officers. They use traditional investigative techniques, and they are armed when on official duty.

So you do not think the Fed is buying up more ammo than usual? Buying hollow point ammo even though they say it is for target practice....you think there is nothing to see here?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't know why anybody in the postal system needs to be armed.

They have been robbing the citizens without firearms for some time now....

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Chris Rock's plan is coming to fruition:

You wanna reduce murders?

Make every bullet cost 5 thousand dollars.

"Your dead. I'ma get another job, take out a few loans, and in a few months you're a dead man!"

As a bonus, stray bullets will become nonexistent.

Really though, the USPS will never enforce martial law. They are so damn mad at the government, they will be THE REASON martial law is effected.

Would ya'll stop saying "TPTB" all the time. This is not an episode of "Charmed!" There are no "powers that be." It is just rich people with annoying small, yappy dogs. That is who you have been calling "TPTB" this whole time. A bunch of nasaly sounding old rich guys with tiny yappy dogs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join