Snipers Wipe Out US Power Station

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

MarlinGrace
It seems to me G. Gordon Liddy wrote a terror article years ago that included this very same thing. I believe it was written in Playboy I wish someone could verify this and post which issue it was in. This same article claimed the danger of taking out a natural gas manifold in Texas with a RPG, and a chemical already available that could be filled into a magic marker and drawn on the metal skin of a airplane to fatigue that second for failure. If anyone remembers this article or knows which issue it was in PM me or post it please but this idea was documented long ago.

Yes, G. Gordon Liddy created a hypothetical back before 9/11. I hadn't recalled the Playboy angle, but then I didn't come across the story there either. I bought the audio book he created for a full version to listen to on the truck. It was extremely realistic, viable and easily accomplished ...sad to say... if you had sufficient manpower to spread across the nation, trust they'd do everything precisely right to the last man (it would have to be) and then, everything targeted had the intended impact with replacement or repair issues he envisioned.

It's one of those books that before 9/11? I found very interesting, tho I can't recall the title off hand. The audio CD's are in a box around here somewhere. After 9/11? I wish it hadn't been written and I'll just bet he's had the same thought, whether he ever shared it with anyone or not.

It would read close to a how-to if someone were intelligent enough and familiar enough with the US system to recognize what details he shifted or fudged for obvious reasons back then.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Bet G. Gordon Liddy read International Combat Arms and ran with the idea later as have many fiction writers since the eighties when the info was first publicly presented in a format not really mass distributed by todays standards as the publication reached only tens of thousands of readers in sales.

I have similar sentiments about what was available pre 9/11 and what was talked about post 9/11. I had refrained from talking about step-up X-formers for years until lately when they became discussion matter in general public.

Timing thingy is moot after so many btw.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I found this little gem in a different article

The team of gunmen knew what they were doing in the caper too: they targeted oil-filled cooling systems that bled out until the transformers overheated and crashed rather than shooting up the explosion-prone transformers themselves.
Source
I'm not sure how large the oil cooling system is, but it may be a slightly more difficult target at 225 yds than a giant white transformer.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hogstooth

Good point about aiming at oil cooling sections. Do you think that rather than shoot at windings which would immediately react, the shooters instead went for the cooling sections which delayed failure somewhat giving the shooters time to bug out of the area. I'd say that indicates knowledge and discipline.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Professional probably comes from the idea of target selection, they had some shooting skills, knew what targets to hit, and where to hit them from. Anything beyond that... I'm not so sure we're being told the truth. In ongoing investigations it's pretty obvious to change details as a way to rule out real suspects from random people during interrogation or confessions. The shell casings could be just that.

Anyways, my bet on the people that did this, is it was a black ops team of some foreign nation wanting to exert some political pressure. It was a mostly harmless attack but sends a strong message.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

To my thinking, a good deal of the professionalism may come from the nature of the attack and the fact they appear to have finished what they came to do. Pretty as ya please..

It's worth taking a look and googling Metcalf Energy Center for the map here. They were firing high power rifles for 19 minutes of continuous shooting for 17 targets. That's a lot of shooting for that location, even if every shot was a bullseye and only 17 rounds were fired to bring those 17 hits. I'm thinking that's not likely.

The fact of the matter is, what they were shooting was about half way between where they sat and the 101 Freeway just miles south of Metro San Jose. That took balls and nerves of trained cool. 20 minutes doesn't seem like much time, but depending on what is filling those minutes? 2 can feel like a lifetime has passed. They were sitting in an area that could have put air units and a hundred cops around them faster than I think most people would ever believe possible ...depending on how the 'HELP ! ! ! " was worded over the area mutual support network.

It may not be an attack of major significance for damage done. It may not have taken Military training (and it certainly didn't by closer reading of what happened, IMO..just very well practiced/trained people). It's disturbing to me for the overall package here and looking at the big implications.

A bullet, in the right square in of physical space and at the right split second of time can change futures or world outcomes. I don't even mean a living target. Like they did here and showed in a small way .... shooting people is just one, and sometimes the LEAST effective or desired thing to do, anyway. Few know or think beyond it tho...and that makes this bunch stand out.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Leaving the shell casing behind may have been a trick.

7.62x39 is a Russian round and the 7.62x51(.308) is US military plus the 30.06 is 7.62×63

Hand load 7.62x51 or 7.62×63 with 7.62x39 bullets and no one could tell the difference after the bullet had gone through steel plate.

Use a shell catcher on the M1A or 30.06 rifle and spread a bunch of 7.62x39 casing around.

The cops would be looking for a AK while the perpetrator was carrying a M1A or a M1.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Its pretty much common knowledge that if you shoot the transformer oil tanks the transformers fail. Nothing about this is sophisticated, or professional. Its just more garbage being pumped into people to make them seek for an almighty protector in the government to save them from the big bad boogeyman.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Theeastcoastwest

Also, intentions are something that can never be banned,

This, unfortunately, is not true... Give it time.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

ANNED
Leaving the shell casing behind may have been a trick.

7.62x39 is a Russian round and the 7.62x51(.308) is US military plus the 30.06 is 7.62×63

Hand load 7.62x51 or 7.62×63 with 7.62x39 bullets and no one could tell the difference after the bullet had gone through steel plate.

Use a shell catcher on the M1A or 30.06 rifle and spread a bunch of 7.62x39 casing around.

The cops would be looking for a AK while the perpetrator was carrying a M1A or a M1.

I was thinking that too.

However, I was also thinking that getting caught with the guns (+GSR) before they get somewhere they can destroy them would have probably resulted in a conviction anyways.

But, it would be something a defense lawyer could work with. All they have to do is cast reasonable doubt.

I think people are too worried about this anyways. It won't be long before gunshots attract drones. Or was it drones attract gunshots? My memory is failing me, but I think I read an article on it.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join