It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed Snipers attacked US Power Station

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Hi Riff, pleased to hear you are alive and well. Did you get my U2U the other week? Things here have worsened greatly. The soda pop is being shaken feircely.

edit on 6-2-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Like one of the previous posters said, this is more than likely just hillbilly's, we have these jackasses all over that enjoy shooting signs. Too cheap to buy paper targets and probably were high on drugs and were hoping for an explosion.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
NO accurate AK-47 variants rifles right?What aboutthe following rifle.

Dragunov

Also there is a newly created version of the AK called the TABUK sniper rifle. Its used by Iraqis.

Tabuk sniper

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I thought that "hillbillies" only come from the Appalachian mountains?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nexusnews

Or maybe it was ghetto gangstas? Or how bout Mexican gangs? Most of the hillbillies I know buy the best targets, use some of the best weapons and ammo.
edit on 6-2-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Mexican drug cartels, I buy that.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I call BS.

Rural gun owners can shoot at tin cans,soda cans and paper targets. All cheap and easy to obtain without the felonies and prison time involved. They also won't want to make the anti-gun liberals look good by legitimizing their argument.

Criminals won't be wasting their ammo on inanimate objects just for kicks. Rival gang members yes. Transformers...lol no?

Drug cartels won't send people to destroy electrical infrastructural with a half----ed harebrained idea like this. They have military grade weapons like missile launchers why use a high powered rifle?

Religious extremists would rather something big and in your face usually with something making them look like martyrs to their followers.

Why would you attack an electrical substation with a firearm and when its only going to hurt you and your people?
That is a really ineffective way to destroy an electrical based infrastructure.
Its like trying to shoot a tank with a .22. Totally ineffective and would only hurt you and your "side".

Looks like a well hidden false flag operation to smear gun owners.

edit on 6-2-2014 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

whywhynot
reply to post by 727Sky

I would not be surprised if it were some young (less than 25) men with more guns than brains.

Young men with enough brains though to load mags without leaving fingerprints. Not your average hillbilly.

: including more than 100 fingerprint-free shell casings similar to ones used by AK-47s were found at the site, and small piles of rocks that appeared to have been left by an advance scout to tell the attackers where to get the best shots.

edit on 5-2-2014 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

Looks like a textbook black op.

Who stands to profit from this?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I call BS too, unless these make believe hill billies thought the Transformer was Maximus Prime LOL.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So...
*Critical infrastructure can be attacked from unsecured locations with an ordinary rifle,
*Nobody would notice you scouting and marking firing positions in those areas,
*It can go on for 20-50 minutes without anyone noticing the gunfire and sending police to the scene,
*In the wake of such an attack, the FBI can't pick up your trail even if they know where you were when you were there and what you were doing,
*Government officials want to talk to reporters about this,
*And even though it's easy, effective, and not defended against, this isn't happening constantly courtesy of crazy guys mad about their electric bill or the thousands of organized terrorists all over the world who hate us for our freedom?

Yeah, seems legit. There is either a lot more to this story than what's been said or a lot less. I lean towards less- afterall, it's just a rumor that someone who used to be an official whispered to a reporter. It doesn't appear that this alleged attack on a critical vulnerability actually had any tangible effects that contributed to it becoming news.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Us Hillbillies would have put 25 pounds of Tannerite under the Transformer and shot it.

Most large substation Transformers have 1/2 inch steel cases. AKs with armor piercing ammo would have a hard time going through.

The soft part is the cooling fins. they bolt on and can be replaced in a couple hours.

But the Transformers will trip off from high temp as the oil level drops.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

yuppa
NO accurate AK-47 variants rifles right?What aboutthe following rifle.

Dragunov

Also there is a newly created version of the AK called the TABUK sniper rifle. Its used by Iraqis.

Tabuk sniper

I own a Dragunov and 2 other AK derived sniper rifles. The Dragunov is chambered in 7.62x54R and the Tabuk is chambered in 7.62 NATO (.308). The entire discussion was regarding the 7.62x39 round. The round itself prevents anything chambered in it from being considered "sniper".

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

NO accurate AK-47 variants rifles right
reply to post by yuppa

Wrong. We were talking about the AK-47 specifically. Not one of it's variants.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The round itself prevents anything chambered in it from being considered "sniper".
reply to post by Magnivea

On that subject....the following

It is a common misconception that any scoped rifle is a sniper rifle, and while certain long guns are more suited for the application than others, it is the act of using a weapon strategically as a sniper that designates it as such

en.wikipedia.org...

The calibre of weapon is mostly insignificant. A .22 can be a deadly weapon in the hands of a sniper with talent.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

deadcalm

NO accurate AK-47 variants rifles right
reply to post by yuppa

Wrong. We were talking about the AK-47 specifically. Not one of it's variants.

Here is the rub i feel. How do they KNOW it was AK-47's? Could had been modified rifles like the PTR 7.62x39 Sniper Rifle - Takes AK47 Mags. Its from Heckler and Koch. Also i have seen SKS that are very accurate as well. SO unless they have video footage of the AK's in hand im skeptical. And that from H and K looks alot like a AK at a distance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join