It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed Snipers attacked US Power Station

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Again, completely untrue. The AK is only as good as it's manufacturer. I have a small collection of different countries examples and I can SAFELY say the only truly inaccurate AK is a ROMAK (SAR1 or WASR-10) which is specifically for civilian sale. They clearly weren't running full auto so the flex/spray comment doesn't apply. Also, they only kick violently in the hands of a smaller person or, again, if they're a ROMAK. Not to mention the trigger slap on those god awful things...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Here we go....found it.

Sounds all kinds of fishy to me....but judge for yourself.

online.wsj.com... FSB10001424052702304851104579359141941621778.html

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

da pickles
I don't believe the AK47 would be classed as a sniper rifle. And why attack a sub station ? And why stay on target for 19 minutes. If damage was to be done then there would be easier ways of doing it. Sounds like a group of hill Billy's getting there rocks off to me.

Sounds like that to me as well. "Snipers" makes it sound like it is some kind of Chinese special-ops group trained to infiltrate and hit soft targets, like they parachuted in and have a D.L.Z. waiting for extraction.
edit on 05pmWed, 05 Feb 2014 17:12:25 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

darkbake

da pickles
I don't believe the AK47 would be classed as a sniper rifle. And why attack a sub station ? And why stay on target for 19 minutes. If damage was to be done then there would be easier ways of doing it. Sounds like a group of hill Billy's getting there rocks off to me.

Sounds like that to me as well. "Snipers" makes it sound like it is some kind of Chinese special-ops group trained to infiltrate and hit soft targets, like they parachuted in and have a D.L.Z. waiting for extraction.
edit on 05pmWed, 05 Feb 2014 17:12:25 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

lol'd. It's sad that it's true.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

I was speaking of my own personal experience with them. Perhaps the one I fired was poor quality....but I stand by my original statement....they are not a precision rifle. I don't care who made it.

From Wiki...

Accuracy
The AK-47's accuracy has always been considered to be "good enough".[56][57][58] The milled AK-47s are capable of shooting 3–5 inch groups at 100 yards, whereas the stamped AKM's are capable of shooting 4–6 inch groups at 100 yards.[58] "There are advantages and disadvantages in both forged/milled receivers and stamped receivers. Forged/milled receivers are much more rigid, flexing less as the rifle is fired, thus not hindering accuracy as much as stamped receivers. Stamped receivers are a bit more rugged, since they have some resilience and are less likely to fail due to fatigue under heavy usage."[58] As a result, the newer stamped steel receiver AKM models are less accurate than their predecessors.[58] The AKM, with the 7.62×39mm cartridge, has a battle range of around 350 metres (1,150 ft).[7] The best shooters are able to hit a man-sized target at 800 metres with five shots (firing from prone position or a trench) or ten shots (standing)

Hardly a sniper rifle.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Aother linkreply to post by 13th Zodiac

Link

This article says that the attack went on for 52 minutes based upon the loss of a communications link at the substation. An attack on the RIGHT substation could cause outages and even wide area ones. Too many transmission lines and substations to protect. Worse would be an attack on main transformers at power stations. It is interesting that there were no fingerprints on the shell casings, doesn't sound like a bunch of jokers popping shots. I vote for intelligence gathering. There is a device called a sudden pressure relay that would detect the shots striking the transformer. This relay would open power circuit breakers isolating the transformer. They would also reroute the power around the affected substation. All in all pretty scary stuff.
edit on 5-2-2014 by whywhynot because: Forgot the link

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

I don't disagree that they're not sniper or even marksman rifles. Can a military manufacture example fire a 2" group at 200m? Certainly, if it's the right rifle. Will another even hit paper at 200m? Distinct possibility that it wouldn't. My point originally was that
it most likely wasn't an AK, more likely an SKS.

However, I will always defend the best rifle I've ever used against AR people.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

You guys are arguing over the round and the rifle's accuracy, but you have to admit regardless of your opinion it took out 17 transformers! Just saying.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Not so much the rifle's accuracy as the rifles reported as used. They didn't specify, just strongly implied a link to AKs even though if it was from a "sniper" distance an AK could have not been used.

My entire point is not one aspect, down to the wording of this story, makes a damn bit of sense.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If true, This looks totally like an Eric Holder/Harry Reid/Obama operation. Would they do this? They already have done much worse causing multiple deaths, just to try and sway public opinion in the favor of taking away the 2nd.

add: That this is being presented now a year later, there is 100% agenda behind it. The presentation of this is the false flag itself.

They publically have denounced the AK-47 several times.
Casings everywhere, yep, I don't believe hillbillies or rednecks go out attacking substations just for fun, since it is a hard core prison time move.. Hillbillies and rednecks don't usually trade their freedom to chopping rocks in shackles. ..Perhaps if I visit some of those rock quarries I will see a lot of hillbillies and rednecks chopping rocks though, I might be very wrong..

Another fine psyop brought to you by "Obama-ops" "We specialize in lies" Yeah, I'm jumping to conclusions, but it is just my theory.. Besides, even if it is them, they will never be punished.
edit on 5-2-2014 by alienreality because: add

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The article said AK-47 type weapon because of the shell casings; that to me means 7.62x39 ammo which the SKS, Zastava M85, Yugoslavian M72, SIG 556 R 7.62X39 RIFLE, CZ 7.62x39 bolt action, and even the lowly AR chambered in that caliber are all possible weapons to just name a few.. The AK would have been the last choice unless the perps were really close... Maybe the word sniper was used for drama..

I would not be surprised if it were some young (less than 25) men with more guns than brains.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

deadcalm

The story has been yanked....including the cached copy of the page. That was fast.

Whoah, I went out for awhile, thanks for that. And thank you everybody for your replies and opinons. I don't know about hill Billies living anywhere near Silicone Valley ? The Big question, we all need to ask ourselves here is WHO BENEFITS ?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I would not be surprised if it were some young (less than 25) men with more guns than brains.

Young men with enough brains though to load mags without leaving fingerprints. Not your average hillbilly.

: including more than 100 fingerprint-free shell casings similar to ones used by AK-47s were found at the site, and small piles of rocks that appeared to have been left by an advance scout to tell the attackers where to get the best shots.

edit on 5-2-2014 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

I would imagine anyone who is going to do such a thing would have enough sense to wear surgical gloves (or tactical) when handling ammo.. To many crime movies that show getting prints off of ammo for all but the dumbest of the dumb to not know. Since they did not collect the brass it would appear they covered their tracks..Just my opinion..

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wonder what happened with the investigation into the person(s) who tried to take down the transmission tower using a cable and locomotive.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

This whole thing is strange...any pro worth his salt would have picked up the brass regardless I would think...I mean...why leave it there? There is a possibility they could trace the point of origin for the ammo....and hence lead them to the shooter(s).

I call shenanigans....anyone wanna second that?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Some people purchase a firearm and go out looking for stuff to shoot. Probably means they shouldn't have the thing to begin with.
edit on 2/5/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

Rednecks would've just blown it up.

This sounds like a trained group with an agenda.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

ya ultimately itll be us paying for it hahahah

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

13th Zodiac

deadcalm

The story has been yanked....including the cached copy of the page. That was fast.

Whoah, I went out for awhile, thanks for that. And thank you everybody for your replies and opinons. I don't know about hill Billies living anywhere near Silicone Valley ? The Big question, we all need to ask ourselves here is WHO BENEFITS ?

Cui Bono, indeed....

And very good point re: hillbillies in SIlicon Valley. I lived there for years (Palo Alto) and the closest thing to a hillbilly in that area is someone who orders just plain coffee instead of a half-caf, soy Nonsensiado from the local Starbucks or other hip beanery...

Good find brother. Good find...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join