It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help with tarot card reading meaning in video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
could someone please explain to me what the meaning of the tarot cards at the end of the music video signify?

edit on 5-2-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

can you fix your thread title, you spelled Tarrot instead of tarot.
edit on 5-2-2014 by research100 because: correct spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

No problem. Could you maybe tell us what they are or maybe give a screen shot of them?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
there you go my friends

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

ElOmen
could someone please explain to me what the meaning of the tarot cards at the end of the music video signify?

Ok, I switched computers so I can actually see the video. He's using a Rider Waite deck. In the three-card spread you have the 6 of Wands on the left, the 4 of Wands in the middle, and the 7 of Pentacles on the right... and then drops the 8 of Pentacles as the fourth card before it fades away. Later, he lays down the Magician card (number one in the Major Arcana). Then he lays down the Hierophant above the first four. She then gives him the Chariot (number seven in the Major Arcana). I don't think any of these were read as reversals and I have no idea what spread they were using (or perhaps it was free-form).

The cards in a spread are so contextual that it is difficult to assign meaning with cards outside of the intended reading but I can give you a brief rundown on what I would guess based on the positions of a similar spread I would use.

The first three may be past/present/future or, if it were a daily type of reading, it may be a problem/solution. If it's a past/present/future then I would say that the person being read had a period in the past where he came out into the limelight and accepted public acclaim. His current state would be one of celebration (or having a reason to), and the future is one of reaping your rewards and calling for patience in waiting for your "seeds" to grow and flourish.

The fourth card laid down (8 of Pentacles) is a commercial type of card (pentacles are often about careers) and is asking him to brush up on his commercial skills (in this case, maybe music) and to really spend time honing your talents.

The Magician dropped as if it were the significator and, if so, it's a very positive card to get. It says that he has command over the four elements and that applies to a person's life in different ways but it generally means you have the "full package"; you have passion, health, emotional strength, and the smarts to pull off your plans. Like I said, this card is very contextual.

The last card, The Chariot, is also very dependent on where and why it was pulled. It can represent a means of getting from point A to point B in your goals or, if reversed, it could mean to expect car troubles. If it represents a person, sometimes it means that person is your path to success (or maybe they have a used car for you!). On rare occasions, I've interpreted this to mean that the client needs to be careful while driving.

Hope that helps. Without hearing what the spread was about, it's nearly impossible to tell exactly what they meant but that's one example of how I would read those in similar spreads.

ps - edit - I totally forgot the Hierophant! I'm not sure what it was supposed to represent in the spread but it normally has authoritarian/religious connotations to it. If it represents a person, it could be a judge or a preacher or somebody in his life that represents authority (depending on the position, this could be good or bad). If it's not a person, it could mean he has legal issues coming up or that he's currently dealing with (again, could be good or bad). If this is couple with the 2 of Cups, for example, it always means marriage but if it's paired with The Tower, it would probably mean he's going to go bankrupt or get sued or something. I hope that makes sense. The Hierophant is one of the trickier ones to assign meaning to.
edit on 5-2-2014 by Cuervo because: forgot a card

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

ElOmen
there you go my friends

Hah! I wish I had waited a few minutes to let you do that. Thanks for the screen shots; they'll definitely help anybody else who reads the thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I know absolutely nothing on tarot cards.
Thank you for your assistance and time.
I really appreciate it.
Hope to hear others thought on this as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

ElOmen
reply to post by Cuervo

I know absolutely nothing on tarot cards.
Thank you for your assistance and time.
I really appreciate it.
Hope to hear others thought on this as well.

Ok, here's a summary of what I wrote on one scenario in which they could have been read:

He just went through a period of public acclaim and a rise in popularity and he has much cause to celebrate. This period needs to be tempered with patience and a dedication to work on his craft.

He is also very equipped for his tasks and has all of the traits and talents needed for success.

There may be car issues ahead or (if paired with the Hierophant) it could mean that solving some matters with authority could help him get past his current obstacles (Chariot needs to resolve the Hierophant, in other words).

That is one very narrow interpretation, mind you, and the spread used could have drastically changed the intended message.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not recognizing or knowing the spread of the cards ( the layout ) may make interpretation difficult. Each card's interpretation is usually based on its position in a predetermined layout. I can only surmise that the attempt here was made to correspond with the artist's lyrics. The Chariot usually suggests not rushing in aggressively, but have patience. The magician is a card of path choices or illusions. Hierophant signifies a teacher of wisdom. The array of cards at the base stem more from the minor arcana group. Normally last cards laid out tend to assist in the outcome possibilities in most spreads. The ones that I could make out seem to indicate celebration of success, proudly harvesting one's fortune, and dedicated and skilled in one's craft.

These are very generic descriptions. If you want to research more there are many free online tutorials. You will find that understanding the layout will greatly assist in any accurate interpretation.

Hope this helps a little. I am not a professional reader, only use for personal self examination as a resource tool for self development. One's future is never pre-determined but has many possibilities based on one's own choices.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

No meaning because it's a fake reading .

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I see 10 cards in total laid down. An eight card spread would be called a King's spread. The only two card spread I can find is a Cover and Cross reading, but as you see the two card spread (7 swords and 4 swords) is separate, to the left and there is no crossing of the cards. It is difficult to know what type of reading(s) this was meant to be, and where the two wand cards fit into it all. So, I cannot make any type of clarification for you.

What I know of spreads is that they can be made up on your own or copied from thousands of spreads on the internet. I am thinking either this spread was the reader's own or just a stunt for the video.
edit on 18CDT12America/Chicago015121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 18CDT12America/Chicago015121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
No meaning because it's a fake reading.

Well, sure, but the cards were probably chosen to represent some aspect of the story told in the music, and doing a superficial reading could help add a little more meaning or depth to the music / story. That's all. No worries.

new topics

top topics

join