It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Report: Vatican Policies Allowed Priests To Rape Children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ok so I did a search and didn't see this posted. If it was, go ahead and delete.

Well it looks like the RCC is finally being called out on their shady practices of shuffling pedo-priests around. It looks like the UN is calling out the RCC for creating an atmosphere so that pedophile priests can be secure and keep on doing their evil.

The United Nations heavily criticized the Vatican on Wednesday for what it said was a systematic adoption of policies allowing priests to rape and sexually abuse tens of thousands of children.

The devastating report published by the U.N. Committee on the Rights of a Child said the Vatican must "immediately remove" all known or suspected child abusers within the clergy.

Of course, the RCC pushed back.

In response, the Vatican said in a statement published on its website that some points made in the report were an "attempt to interfere with Catholic Church teaching."

Wait. What? Attempt to interfere with Catholic Church teaching? Letting priests molest children is church teaching? I'm really not sure what the RCC means with this statement (and the MSN article doesn't elaborate), but any response to the UN's criticisms besides, "You are right, we are sorry and will work immediately to fix this," is the wrong answer. Instead we get this statement which looks like they are saying, "Stay out of our business! If we went to molest children that is what we will do!"

The Vatican said it would examine the report thoroughly and reiterated its commitment to defending and protecting child rights in accordance with the U.N. guidelines and "the moral and religious values offered by Catholic doctrine."

Anyone else get the idea that this is lip service? I find it hard to believe that the RCC will change their ways because of the UN report as well as due to the previous statement.

"Well-known child sexual abusers have been transferred from parish to parish or to other countries in an attempt to cover-up such crimes," the report said.

It later added: "Due to a code of silence imposed on all members of the clergy under penalty of excommunication, cases of child sexual abuse have hardly ever been reported to the law enforcement authorities in the countries where such crimes occurred."

Already knew this, but it's nice that the UN is reiterating this.

Time and again, I read about Christians saying that there is an attack against Christianity. Well with practices like those outlined in the OP, is it any surprise? I was raised RCC and it was because of the actions mentioned above that I left the church. Thank uh... God(?) that none of that happened to me. Though I didn't want to hang around any longer in case it did.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There's just too much power in religious institutions.

The beliefs were always a means of control. Those controls are no longer needed.

We have contraception, potable water, sanitizers, and police to enforce authority.

We need to rid humanity of the delusional thought for a need to interact with this supposed God by any human-based institution.

I mean no disrespect to people who believe in the concept of God. Didn't Jesus say the temple is within? Pray as you see fit, but trust no man who claims to have special abilities to communicate with a higher being.

There's no good that comes out of institutions which have this much power.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

So annoying... I did a search for "vatican" in the ATS search and that thread didn't pop up...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The waters are drying up.

People are becoming less and less tolerant of false religious teachings and practices.

Those inside the Church may view this, and rightly so as a an attack on it. But it is a justly deserved one.

False religion in the book of Revelation is referred to symbolically as Babylon the great, and she is called a harlot, or a prostitute, in that she invovles herself with this world's political system of things, which is under Satan the Devil's control.

Even as we see the waters of her huge world-wide empire drying up, we can be sure that the prophecy will come true.

Jehovah's angel tells those inside false religion (including Christendom) to flee from her now while there is still time:

(Revelation 18:4) And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues.

She believes she sits a queen atop the world's rulers, and she says in her heart, that she will never see mourning. The clergy of Christendom, who are like white-washed walls, yet full of dead-men's bones on the inside, scoff at God's prophecy that he will repay to her what she has done, and give her the cup to drink which she has given to others. But he will do this deed, and it will come about in "one hour."

God himself will give the thought to the world's political rulers through means of the United Nations to turn upon and devastate firstly Christendom, and completely expose her for the corrupt organization she is, and she will be completely stripped naked, and then burned with fire. Next he will give justice to all the other world's false religions. He has already said it will happen, and it will, because he is strong:

(Revelation 18:6-8) . . .Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

So annoying... I did a search for "vatican" in the ATS search and that thread didn't pop up...

The only reason I knew it was there is because I posted in it earlier....Even with another thread on the topic it is still disgusting! Although not great news that the UN is getting involved....Could get ugly! Then again, ugly may be just the thing needed to stop these acts from happening! Who knows?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Ok so I did a search and didn't see this posted. If it was, go ahead and delete.

Well it looks like the RCC is finally being called out on their shady practices of shuffling pedo-priests around. It looks like the UN is calling out the RCC for creating an atmosphere so that pedophile priests can be secure and keep on doing their evil.

The United Nations heavily criticized the Vatican on Wednesday for what it said was a systematic adoption of policies allowing priests to rape and sexually abuse tens of thousands of children.

The devastating report published by the U.N. Committee on the Rights of a Child said the Vatican must "immediately remove" all known or suspected child abusers within the clergy.

Of course, the RCC pushed back.

In response, the Vatican said in a statement published on its website that some points made in the report were an "attempt to interfere with Catholic Church teaching."

Wait. What? Attempt to interfere with Catholic Church teaching? Letting priests molest children is church teaching? I'm really not sure what the RCC means with this statement (and the MSN article doesn't elaborate), but any response to the UN's criticisms besides, "You are right, we are sorry and will work immediately to fix this," is the wrong answer. Instead we get this statement which looks like they are saying, "Stay out of our business! If we went to molest children that is what we will do!"

The Vatican said it would examine the report thoroughly and reiterated its commitment to defending and protecting child rights in accordance with the U.N. guidelines and "the moral and religious values offered by Catholic doctrine."

Anyone else get the idea that this is lip service? I find it hard to believe that the RCC will change their ways because of the UN report as well as due to the previous statement.

"Well-known child sexual abusers have been transferred from parish to parish or to other countries in an attempt to cover-up such crimes," the report said.

It later added: "Due to a code of silence imposed on all members of the clergy under penalty of excommunication, cases of child sexual abuse have hardly ever been reported to the law enforcement authorities in the countries where such crimes occurred."

Already knew this, but it's nice that the UN is reiterating this.

Time and again, I read about Christians saying that there is an attack against Christianity. Well with practices like those outlined in the OP, is it any surprise? I was raised RCC and it was because of the actions mentioned above that I left the church. Thank uh... God(?) that none of that happened to me. Though I didn't want to hang around any longer in case it did.

The UN calling out anyone on rape and sexual abuse is the height of hypocrisy.

UN Sexual abuse scandal
UN shame over sex scandal
The UN sex scandal

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If I ever had a priest touch my kid(which I don't have), I would gut like them a fish due to immense blood lust an rage.

I wouldn't care bout going to jail, cause I solved a problem.

Although violence is beneath me, I hope the church goes broke, and has Mobs at their doors.

But seriously, I"D SNAP.
edit on 5-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Specimen
If I ever had a priest touch my kid(which I don't have), I would gut like them a fish due to immense blood lust an rage.

I wouldn't care bout going to jail, cause I solved a problem.

Although violence is beneath me, I hope the church goes broke.

But seriously, I"D SNAP.

Children don't always tell their parents, or anyone. That's one of the things the priests counted/count on.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

No one teaches their kids stranger danger anymore.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Specimen
reply to post by Aleister

No one teaches their kids stranger danger anymore.

You shouldn't have to! If people would just treat each other like fellow humans/brothers/sisters like it should be! Since that doesn't happen, it doesn't seem parents really enjoy raising their children either! Parents (not all) think the internet can teach kids right and wrong and the facts of life....All the while they sit there and drink soda and watch desperate houswives or American Idol....All the joys of technology come with a lot more laziness!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Funny how you don't get to hear that crap in N.A that much. Only in Europe. I hate legal system, Canada separates them from from regular prisoners.

I guess its all the guns and street gangs. They'd show little mercy.

Go figure.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
And if it was heaven, or alien civilization, it would be an automatic death sentence.

They'd probably go extinct by type 1. Especially Aliens, they'd be like "We dont wanna hear it".

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The Vatican is its own state and government. The Vatican Police is run by the Vatican Government and state.

The Police don't make laws, they enforce them. It is the Vatican state/government that make the laws. If the Vatican State don't have laws against child abuse. Child abuse is not against the Law of the Vatican State.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
A billion people follow this religion. WTF?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The age of consent in the vatican is 12 years old.
No prizes for guessing who proposed that...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Wait. What? Attempt to interfere with Catholic Church teaching? Letting priests molest children is church teaching?

The Catholic Church, at the top levels, is a paedophile organisation. That should be obvious by now.

When people see their friendly and loving local Catholic priest, it makes it hard for them to understand this.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

rupertg

Exactly.

You don't have to be Einstein to work out why they did that, do you?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If only the UN would mention other religions also........after all, it can't be just the Catholic Church that has had this happen in it midst. Don't other religions have this problem? I suspect this is a problem that covers more than the CC and pin pointing them in the spotlight takes the 'heat' off other religions AND organizations.

(Must point out here that I am of NO religious affiliation)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

NuclearPaul

rupertg

Exactly.

You don't have to be Einstein to work out why they did that, do you?

No, that's an old wives tale, told by this old wife I know. The age of consent in the Vatican is not 12, although some priests probably wish it were.

Here's their legal explanation, that people must be married to consent. For boys, 17, girls, 15, and only if married. From the Wikipedia article on age of consent in Europe:

While the Vatican State has not made its own complete separate criminal code, and generally uses the Italian criminal code that was in effect at the time of the Lateran Treaty, there are exceptions to this rule. The "Law of the Source of Law" of the Vatican State requires that any Italian laws must first defer to divine law, to Papal decrees, and to canon law. As the Vatican understands divine law, all sex outside of marriage is illicit, and therefore the only lawful consent that may be made for sexual relations is the consent between a husband and a wife. Canon 1083 of the 1983 Code of Canon Law states that "A man before he has completed his sixteenth year of age and a woman before she has completed her fourteenth year of age cannot enter into a valid marriage."

edit on 6-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join