It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to Vatican: Immediately Remove All Known And Suspected Child Abusers From The Clergy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

It beats me how the Vatican can still claim to be a religious organisation and the one true faith, when the actions of some of its princes, and also those cardinals who provide cover and further abuse opportunities, indicates a complete lack of belief in the omnipresence of the Almighty to be an eye witness to all their actions. In my book, this brings all their spiritual claims into disrepute.

While the UN organisation and the Holy See Inc. argue about rights of 'interference', the root of the problem is not being addressed, but is being allowed to continue, thus extending the power of the predators.

It is also obvious that the Pope doesn't even have the power to keep control of his own household. Yet he claims spiritual headship of the whole of the Christian faith.

This church's responses to the ongoing problem of child abuse indicates severe spiritual and moral weakness from those who claim to be the successors of the apostles, while also clearly demonstrating a complete lack of concern for those children who have been, are being and will be sexually abused. Monetary compensation, where unavoidable, seems to be current solution for these sins, and I wonder if they think it will be the same $$$ situation when they face Judgement.

"By their fruits will you know them..." and their fruits are being starkly revealed.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

schuyler

Aleister

ketsuko
I'm waiting with baited breath for the strongly worded letter from the UN to the entertainment industry demanding that they also expel all the child molesters ... waiting ... waiting ....

The entertainment industry is not a country. The Vatican is a nation - a nation with diplomats, a government, stamps, coins, etc.

And the UN is NOT a country, nor does it have any business dictating what another country should and should not do, especially since this is just the UN bureaucracy talking, not the collective will of member states. There is the added problem of "selective attention" in what the UN pays attention to, and the undeniable fact that the UN is as corrupt as any nation or institution on Earth. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

Good point! It seems to boil down to a senseless war of words between two paper tigers...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

"By their fruits will you know them..." and their fruits are being starkly revealed.

Good shout Maigret. It doesn't matter how many explanations or excuses they come out with it's by their fruits they should be judged. And their fruit is rotten to the core.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am amazed by how many replies follow the "logic " of < paraphrasing > :

" what right / authority / juristiction does a UN agency have to issue orders to the vatican , how dare they "

WTF , just WTF ?????????????????

their ` demand ` , is one that any rational person SHOULD support , to resist it is to condone and support ongoing peadophillia

its that dammed simple - attempting to deflect the issue with semantics and jusistiction nonsence is truly pathetic

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

Catholic priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other males in the US general population. That the Church, like every other institution or organization at the time simply followed the then prevailing view of experts in the field that offenders could be successfully rehabilitated and sent accused priests off for treatment, rather than reporting them to police, which resulted in a temporary spike in recidivism. That the bulk of reported cases of abuse stem only from a historical anomaly. Almost all accusations against Catholic priests date from many decades ago, and indeed nearly half of all abuse accusations concern priests who are already long dead. That in the United States recent accusations are very rare, recently averaging only 8 allegations deemed "credible" by review boards each year.

Incidences of sexual abuse by teachers in US public schools today has been estimated to be "more than 100 times" that by Catholic priests.

The Catholic Church Today has a model for the protection of child, and now the safest environment for child today.

The media's lurid and obsessive coverage, aka the grand conspiracy that wasn't.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

adjensen
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

but if you take all the child molesters out of the Catholic church.....who will be left?

I don't know… maybe the 1.2 billion of us who are Catholic and are not child molesters?

I ran the numbers once in an ATS thread where there were similarly ignorant statements made like yours, and the incidence of pedophiles in the Catholic church is in line with or lower than in the general US population. (Post is here)

edit on 5-2-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

However the average peadophile in the street doesn't have his pray handed to him on a plate like the those in the church.

The perv in the street doesn't have the power to make his story just disappear and start again in another town like those in the church.

Your sicko in the street doesn't have a powerful network protecting him (in most cases).

When people like preists, or teachers or people in postitions of trust use their postion to aabuse children, then the punishment should be a thousand times harser.
Equally those who protect what they do, even though they do it under pressure from superiors, deserve the same. The have a moral duty to speak, if they choose not to, then they are guilty of the same crime.

For decades, if not centuries, the catholic church has protected the culture of peadophilia within it's ranks. It has done nothing to erradicate it, therefore, it condones it.

Even Ratzinger was guilty of protecting peadophiles within the catholic church, maybe that's how he got to be pope, he kept his mouth shut, protected priests whom sexually abused children and saved the reputation of the church.

And this man was deemed to be "god's representive on earth"..

Im an atheist, but here in Spain they have a saying - "Dios no pega con un palo", which means "god doesn't hit you with a stick", he finds other ways of payback. I hope it's true, because if there is an everafter, these guys will get what they deserve.

edit on AM5Fri20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight
I would be surprised if they actually do anything about this, but I'm interested to see how it turns out.

don't worry the UN won't and/or is powerless to do anything about it. just as the UN told the Ontario government that they had to STOP paying for the Catholic School system out of public funding years ago, as it was discriminatory. so what happened? absolutely NOTHING, the Catholic School system in Ontario is STILL funded by public monies on top of the public school system, yet they REFUSE to pay for other "religious" or any other "private" or "alternative" schools.

while i don't like 'child abusers" just like most people, i don't think that this is a good thing at all for the UN to have done. the UN has nothing and should have nothing to do with religion. at the most they should have perhaps commented on the fact that nothing has been done about it and urge countries to work with the Vatican to deal with it. this type of thing could become a "precedent" to tell any "religious organization", or religion, what they can and can't do, or what they can or can not teach. that is a VERY DANGEROUS precedent to set. the only thing the UN should be concerned about when it comes to religion is that countries treat all religions fairly, as a human rights issue, that is it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

ConradPeace
As was stated on the other thread about this:

(Revelation 18:4) And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues.

She believes she sits a queen atop the world's rulers, and she says in her heart, that she will never see mourning. The clergy of Christendom, who are like white-washed walls, yet full of dead-men's bones on the inside, scoff at God's prophecy that he will repay to her what she has done, and give her the cup to drink which she has given to others. But he will do this deed, and it will come about in "one hour."

God himself will give the thought to the world's political rulers through means of the United Nations to turn upon and devastate firstly Christendom, and completely expose her for the corrupt organization she is, and she will be completely stripped naked, and then burned with fire. Next he will give justice to all the other world's false religions. He has already said it will happen, and it will, because he is strong:

(Revelation 18:6-8) . . .Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.

when you copy from another thread are you not supposed to put in a link so we might view it there? that way if you direct copied this i could comment to them as well.
also when quoting scripture it is standard to put the verse notations and even the version in so others can reference it, so they may check what you put down. especially when it appears that you are skipping some verses, it makes it a wee bit easier thanks.

the thing is i can NOT find this "verse" at all. that you have included as a biblical verse.or a verse that i can see being translated in this fashion. i have even checked a few different versions online. admittedly i am not a biblical scholar which is why i needed to check on this. as i never recalled anything referring to "the United Nations" when reading the bible.

God himself will give the thought to the world's political rulers through means of the United Nations to turn upon and devastate firstly Christendom, and completely expose her for the corrupt organization she is, and she will be completely stripped naked, and then burned with fire. Next he will give justice to all the other world's false religions. He has already said it will happen, and it will, because he is strong:

and in this verse

She believes she sits a queen atop the world's rulers, and she says in her heart, that she will never see mourning. The clergy of Christendom, who are like white-washed walls, yet full of dead-men's bones on the inside, scoff at God's prophecy that he will repay to her what she has done, and give her the cup to drink which she has given to others. But he will do this deed, and it will come about in "one hour."

again not knowing what version it is from it appears that words have been changed and possibly twisted to give a different meaning.

here is where it seems the verses are from, (you will notice that i note chapter, verses and version, so the text can be checked)

revolutions 18 verses 4-20 NIV

4Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “ ‘Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; 5for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes. 6Give back to her as she has given; pay her back double for what she has done. Pour her a double portion from her own cup. 7Give her as much torment and grief as the glory and luxury she gave herself. In her heart she boasts, ‘I sit enthroned as queen. I am not a widow; I will never mourn.’ 8Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her: death, mourning and famine. She will be consumed by fire, for mighty is the Lord God who judges her. Threefold Woe Over Babylon’s Fall 9“When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry: “ ‘Woe! Woe to you, great city, you mighty city of Babylon! In one hour your doom has come!’ 11“The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore— 12cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves. 14“They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your luxury and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ 15The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16and cry out: “ ‘Woe! Woe to you, great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls! 17In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’ “Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, ‘Was there ever a city like this great city?’ 19They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out: “ ‘Woe! Woe to you, great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin!’ 20“Rejoice over her, you heavens! Rejoice, you people of God! Rejoice, apostles and prophets! For God has judged her with the judgment she imposed on you.”
biblehub.com...

i am not so sure it is talking about the "church" at all. could you please point that out where it says that please?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I give up waiting on anything positive change coming out of the Vatican. Seems the resignation of Benedict and the fast election of the jesuit Francis were meant only to buy an extra year or more time. These people will not do anything better or different, not in our times. Worse, may be. History will tell

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join