It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of potentially happy things

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Clearly, many people haven't been very happy lately about much of anything. It's completely understandable. Or neutral, for the cynical and nihilistic,

As another thread mentioned, this year so far seemingly hasn't been very kind to many. That's an understatement, along with the spillover-suckiness from last year... and the year before that.... and the year before that....and .. um.. life sometimes just sucks.

So...I wanted to cheer some of you up by making a thread about all the things that make me happy!

These things might not make you happy, but I'm not sure what makes you happy. Maybe if you'd tell me I could add them to the list of happy things.

It's ok if you don't want to participate because you want to dwell in your crabbiness, mr. ms. and mrs. crabbypantsies sr. and jrs.

It's totally cool if you cringe at the idea of listing things that are happy. I would too... 337/365 days out of the year.
This thread will show that not EVERYTHING sucks large quantities. Most things do, but not "EVERYTHING."

I'll prove it

starting with.....

PUPPIES!

how do you say no to this face. you can't. go ahead and try. it's impossible.

He WILL successfully get the squeaker out of the toy... don't underestimate puppy powers. It will happen. Puppies can get squeakers out of Fort Knoxx.

It's clear puppies just take the cake. literally. I mean look at him, he is clearly going to take the cake. You cannot dispute this fact.

...Now moving on to the rest of the list that doesn't contain unnecessary, obnoxious pictures

The word "stickers" Just say it, you'll feel better immediately.
chocolate.

...Um
sorry...that was another unessary, obnoxious picture wasn't it, I tried not to do it but I just couldn't help it...
well this is awkward

all over your face

what.

yeah, dinosaurs with claw grabbers.

don't ask, I don't even know.

moving on

PAWS. PAWS EVERYWHERE.

How do you NOT like paws? They're like little bundles of happiness all wrapped up in a paw-like fashion. It can't be helped.

puppy paws, fox paws, kitty paws, bunny paws and baby bear paws. And I don't know if squirrels are considered to have paws, but they do now.

...this thread is loaded with faux pas

hope you partially grinned at least a tiny bit for a couple of seconds, that means the exercise was successful

ETA: If you feel the urge to punch me for posting this completely off-topic irrelevant thread that to you serves no purpose on a conspiracy/alternative website I understand fully, and if it will make you "happier" to do so It's noted to be encouraged at this time. The window of opportunity will be closing momentarily.

edit on 2/5/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Puppies!!!

How could you go wrong with puppies

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Thank you for the attempt at cheering us all up

What's keeping my head up however is looking forward to the world cup later this year.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Being serious, often missunderstood as being not happy.

But.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Honestly I think happiness is a state of mind. I'm laid off right now but pretty darn happy I didnt have to go out into the 6 inches of snow we got last night.

I did a year in jail for DUI...had work release. Out 6 days a week and while it really sucked I had it better than a lot of people in this world. Not saying I was "happy" to be there, just that I made the best of it and wasnt angry.

Things are tough for a lot of people so we have to get happiness where we can. And who can't be happy watching puppies lol

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

This always puts a smile on my face

As does this

I'm happy by nature, so I consider myself lucky

This brings a tear of happiness to my eye every time

Life isn't ALL doom and gloom, thanks for the thread

Cody

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Your right. There's no point being stuck in crabbyness!!!...I love puppies....And a chocolate covered lady sounds very nice, Err I mean chocolate
....Now let's see....
....Nice pizza cheers me up......
...A kitten with a canon ain't that bad.......Im all happy now!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I know I posted about how this year sucks for us.

But yes, there is one NEW joy in our lives...

Miss Abby.

And the fact that big Dozer is so good with her.

Coming home every night to her prancing for my attention tends to help the worries melt away.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

...A kitten with a canon ain't that bad.......Im all happy now!!!!

Yay, I'm glad.

Specificity makes me happy. It could have just been a kitten. But this is Specific!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well what about this one then...
......A kitten with a nikon
....Well we can't just advertise one brand

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This makes me happy, there are still people who understands wild animals and know how to treat them.

Of course my family brings me joy every day

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Laughter...

Its soooo contagious!

Go on.... I dare you to smile...

Kindest respects

Rodiinus

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

tinner07
Honestly I think happiness is a state of mind. I'm laid off right now but pretty darn happy I didnt have to go out into the 6 inches of snow we got last night.

I did a year in jail for DUI...had work release. Out 6 days a week and while it really sucked I had it better than a lot of people in this world. Not saying I was "happy" to be there, just that I made the best of it and wasnt angry.

Things are tough for a lot of people so we have to get happiness where we can. And who can't be happy watching puppies lol

Gratitude - Daily consistant gratitiude - you is the Grati-Dude. Well done.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
List Additions

wearing a viking helmet in any situation
constructing a utilizable couch-cushion fort
sexy spacesuits with fully functioning compartments
watching someone fall up a flight of non-steep stairs
space shuttles
pickles
incognito sunglasses
fluffy slippers
stargates
nonshalantly tripping someone right after they wake up while sipping tea and making an egg white only omelet on a thursday afternoon

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Whipping egg whites until they are stiff

Folding in the yolk and making an omelette as thick as your arm and light as a feather

Reminds me of being spoiled by my granny

Cody

edit on 5/2/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Awww I love paws of any size and shape, kitties, doggies, and there is nothing like a proper pizza, when it is made right by a chef who cares about the ingredients, but that is becoming a rarity, in my experience.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

unb3k44n7
PAWS. PAWS EVERYWHERE.

Yes. Especially when they're not the same color as the body. Personal preference...

Moving on, and not to chide you on your choice of words, but I can think of at least a few things that suck that I'm happy for.

1. This computer. It sucks up a ton of energy and sucks in my mind.

2. The vacuum cleaner I should probably use today. It's not easy to clean a carpet with a broom, I've tried.

3. (insert lude reference)

There's probably more too, but ya, this floor is filthy...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee2

Agreed. Really I was just thinking about this the other day. How awesome would it be to have a pizza that is prepared and cooked by like an 8th generation Italian pizza maker, who cooks his pizzas IN Italy in like a little shop. I'm sure those pizzas would be about 1000 times more awesome than other pizza you've ever had. One day.

Also enjoyed the post with the wild animal video. It's kind of arrogant in many aspects how modern society has been stereotypically taught that all wild animals are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. While it's true they can attack you, this isn't always the case.

Maybe if you understood them better, were nice to them, and connected with them it would lower the chances if them mauling you to death. Although deer aren't considered vicious (usually), I once hugged an entire pack of wild deer. Although the result was I had to randomly stop at a gas station and grab some Benadryl, which didn't make much of a dent, and later make a pit stop at the ER on my way home from a severe allergic reaction where my eye turned yellow, shut itself after a while, and trouble breathing and had to receive an adrenaline shot --- It was worth it. The experience was absolutely lovely
The deer were adorable and cuddly and I loved all of them. None of them tried to kick me in the stomach, bite or maul me, some of them ran away but eventually warmed up to the idea. It was near the top of my list of one of the best days ever.

Would do it again.

edit on 2/5/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I once had an experience with a group of deers which seemed otherworldly to me. Back in the year 2000, I was working a security night watchperson gig on a mansion with it's own family crypt. It was from the 1800's, and the property was haunted, as I learned while working there. Very definitely, I swear. One night, a bunch of deers sat across the lawn of this estate in back, just staring at me, all glowing eyes. Not moving, just all sitting down staring at me with the glowing eyes, which I know is a natural phenomenon, the eyes, but it was as if the spirits of the property were in those deers staring me down.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Seeing this gif makes me happy...

And that one ^^^^ hehehehehe
And kittens make me happy...cause I am a blue eyed cat nat

edit on 5-2-2014 by natalia because: Added kitten

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join