It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Testament; the greatest anti government/politic ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Give ceaser what ceaser deserves, or something like this.
My opinion doesn't matter to many but i feel the NT is very anti government in respect to the era in witch i was created in. During that time Rome was worrisome and many were looking for a way out and boom, out comes Jesus.
What makes me sugfest that it is anti government is the ceasar part, and many other points, beating up the bankers.

Give ceasar what cesar wants to me sounds like "f%#@ cesear, thats not important "

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It actually says from what i remember is Render unto Caesar what is Caesars. that little bit only means follow the laws of the land and pay the taxes too. not at all anti government.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
It actually says from what i remember is Render unto Caesar what is Caesars. that little bit only means follow the laws of the land and pay the taxes too. not at all anti government.

Added by the politicians who revised the teachings?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

Yeah, but it wasn't important. How could a bunch of people with money give to the poor all around the general area and afford taxes? The 12 were poor or at least middle class. They made themselves poor. So cesar was the last thing on their mind

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Interesting thought OP.

I believe scripture teaches us to obey the laws of men unless those laws contradict the laws of God. Render unto Caesar is a reference to taxes. Yes pay your taxes; obey our authority. After all everything really belongs to God, and God will provide for us always.

The trouble is that rulers over man, as shown in OT Proverbs, tend to challenge and attack God even though they are God appointed. The leaders of man often try to bring us away from God. So are you ready for your anti-government line from the New Testament- barring in mind this is not a call to armed revolution?

“For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens” Ephesians 6:12

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnFisher

The meek shall inherit the earth is very anti government politic.

That being said do you think the super elite will just give up and give the world power to poor joe schmo?

or do you think the government will kick and scream and shoot protesters before it happens?

Jesus made a fool to the jews, ?Pharisees? And even the turn the other cheek was culturally more about equality than letting people walk all over you!
you see j.c protest against all the jews,pilate, bankers
When i mean protest, i mean challenge
edit on 5-2-2014 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut

It actually means "don't concern yourself with unimportant and irrelevant issues of this world... focus on God and His Kingdom"

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The NT is not anti-government, in fact it says to submit to them and calls them god's servants.

Romans 13
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

It seems to me that the Christian god is actually pro-government because he establishes governments according to this passage.
edit on 2/5/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So, we should believe the guy who hunted and killed christians and had a change of heart later? Paul may of been a spy, if you cant beat them, join them

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I agree, I don't like Paul either, I was under the impression you were talking about the NT as a whole. Jesus definitely was anti-government which is why he broke their rules and was crucified for it. Paul came in and changed that.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
In Hoc Signo Vinces

The Roman government adopted certain principles of early Christianity, analyzed and organized them, canonized them, and then used the final product to ruthlessly control people for as long as the empire lasted and beyond. This was the intent from the beginning. As such, the New Testament is most definitely not anti-government. It was compiled 325 years after the Resurrection for the purposes of defining, regulating and manipulating universal spiritual experience.

The Romans did not create a religion that was anti-itself. I defend Christians a lot in this forum, but I really think they have their blinders on when it comes to the history of their religion. I know, I know--history isn't what matters. And that's true when you're talking about raw spiritual experience. But it's important to remember that the institution of "Christendom" has never been about anything but social control through psychological manipulation.

And it still is, unfortunately. I think it is extremely unwise to trust any religion that tells you to obey the commands of any man or government of men.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Your the "romans created Christianity conspiracy guy"

Your statement is extremely bias

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Jordan River
Your the "romans created Christianity conspiracy guy"

Your statement is extremely bias

They did. The Roman government selected a "council of bishops" to decide what everyone should believe and then enforced that decision with barbaric violence and oppression. Sanctioned by the state, endorsed by the state, executed by the state.

It isn't a conspiracy. That is exactly what happened.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Nicean council didnt create anything, they had many Gospels and works. They bickered to compile a dogma. Christianity was around before the council

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

NthOther
In Hoc Signo Vinces

The Roman government adopted certain principles of early Christianity, analyzed and organized them, canonized them, and then used the final product to ruthlessly control people for as long as the empire lasted and beyond. This was the intent from the beginning. As such, the New Testament is most definitely not anti-government. It was compiled 325 years after the Resurrection for the purposes of defining, regulating and manipulating universal spiritual experience.

The Romans did not create a religion that was anti-itself. I defend Christians a lot in this forum, but I really think they have their blinders on when it comes to the history of their religion. I know, I know--history isn't what matters. And that's true when you're talking about raw spiritual experience. But it's important to remember that the institution of "Christendom" has never been about anything but social control through psychological manipulation.

And it still is, unfortunately. I think it is extremely unwise to trust any religion that tells you to obey the commands of any man or government of men.

I couldn't have said this better myself;

the name alone is a dead giveaway.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Jordan River

Nicean council didnt create anything, they had many Gospels and works. They bickered to compile a dogma. Christianity was around before the council

I know. Did you read my first post? They took the various existent forms of Christianity and consolidated them into one belief system. One is easier to control than many.

Please don't get the impression that I'm bashing Christian beliefs. I'm bashing the institutions that bastardized Christian beliefs so they could use them to control people. This actually contributes to the validity of Christianity, according to my own warped sense of logic:

Why would the Romans want to control an ideology so badly if there wasn't something to it? Christianity was spreading like wildfire and they had to find a way to contain it. They realized they could use it as a social control mechanism and did exactly that. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Really cool. You have to forgive me, i am all on your side that romans hijacked Christianity

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Wghat??? Yo caant spell and sense in it makes nothing.

new topics

top topics

join