It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It´s easy to be happy (once you figure it out)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In theory, it´s easy to be happy.
A happy person is a person who loves, who is satisfied, it´s a person who makes a positive judgment.
So if you want to be happy, you have to enjoy the moment.
You can like more or like less but have to like.
If you can´t like it, the fault is yours alone.
It´s you who judge reality as positive or negative.
If you're unhappy, it's your fault.
The good news is that you can be happy if you want to. The blame is always yours, you are in control.
Tastes are not subject to discussion, they are not rational, nothing prevents you to like whatever happens.
You can always find reasons to like it: if nothing else you gain experience and wisdom, you learn, you become wiser and stronger. You can like hard times, many people do not like easy games, they enjoy difficulty and hardness, they find meaning and strength in them.
So don't blame the world or bad luck, don't blame others, you are the judge of reality, you make it positive or negative by your own judgment alone.
The emotional process is like this: beliefs create thoughts, thoughts create emotions.
So if you have positive beliefs and positive thoughts, the result is positive emotions, like joy, fulfillment and happiness.
Well, i know some of you are gonna say that there are stuff we cant like, but hey, you can at least accept it.
And acceptance doesn't hurt all that much.
With time we can at least accept it and find reasons to make a positive judgment of it.
Of course, In the heat of the moment we may not be able to feel good, we may not be able to control our thoughts and emotions, but when the storm passes, we can always find something good out of every situation. There is always some goodness behind every hard event.
I bet that the hardest times of your life were after all the most rewarding, they made you a better and wiser person.
Suffering enhances compassion, if you know how it feels, you will not do it, because you know how hard it is. You cant be a compassionate person if you haven't felt it... And for those who believe in reincarnation, we have been through a lot...

Earth is a school planet my friends.
If you adopt the student philosophy, you feel much better about life, you can actually find good use of hard times which turn out to be good after all, because of what they made you learn and how they made you change for better.

Take care
edit on 5-2-2014 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What? No replies and 4 flags?
I was hoping to discuss this but maybe its to good
joking

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Earth is a school planet my friends

Very good word my friend..i like it..
Tq for.the good read..good.nite..

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

A very wisely stated OP Manula

My personal favorite:

I bet that the hardest times of your life were after all the most rewarding, they made you a better and wiser person.
Suffering enhances compassion, if you know how it feels, you will not do it, because you know how hard it is. You cant be a compassionate person if you haven't felt it... And for those who believe in reincarnation, we have been through a lot...

Yes in deedeedo my friend

I'll give the first bump~

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

although i agree with a lot of that, it is not quite so clear is it?

The good news is that you can be happy if you want to. The blame is always yours, you are in control.
Tastes are not subject to discussion, they are not rational, nothing prevents you to like whatever happens.
You can always find reasons to like it:

Ok lets take the example of people who live in war torn parts of the world and are barely surviving, may have been physically attacked, raped and seen their family and friends treated the same way.

So it's my fault for not liking my new short sleeve (machete to remove lower or upper arm), my family beaten and raped in front of me and the blame is with me!!

This also applies to any victim of crime - you are blaming them for being unhappy about it!

Please tell us why those who have been beaten, mutilated, raped should 'like' being treated in this way.

edit on 5-2-2014 by johnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Like Frankie Ballard says in "Helluva Life"...... "bad times make the good times better"

I totally get what you're saying.

It's a shame that so many don't.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

johnb
reply to post by Manula

although i agree with a lot of that, it is not quite so clear is it?

You can always find reasons to like it:

Ok lets take the example of people who live in war torn parts of the world and are barely surviving, may have been physically attacked, raped and seen their family and friends treated the same way.

So it's my fault for not liking my new short sleeve (machete to remove lower or upper arm), my family beaten and raped in front of me and the blame is with me!!

This also applies to any victim of crime - you are blaming them for being unhappy about it!

Please tell us why those who have been beaten, mutilated, raped should 'like' being treated in this way.

I mentioned how to deal with hard times and how to make something good of them. Did you read it?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

yes i read it but you don't answer my question - why should people be happy about being abused?

Well, i know some of you are gonna say that there are stuff we cant like, but hey, you can at least accept it.
And acceptance doesnt hurt all that much.

Closer reading now - so are you suggesting we accept crimes as ok?

I agree with the general sentiments you are expressing but as with everything there are exceptions or do you honestly think if someone came round to your house and then raped and murdered YOUR family in front of you that you would calmly accept it and be happy about it as you are suggesting?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

If you believe that there is something good in the abuse.
Hey if you are abused maybe you will not abuse later...
Compassion, wisdom, they all come from having been there...
If you haven't been exposed to hardness, how can you value the goodness?
What i say is - there is always something good hiding behind hard times, its up to you to find it and make good use of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

I am not saying that in the heat of the moment you will not feel bad, but i say that after the storm passes, we can always find something good in every situation of life.
Its simple really.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

People wait for circumstances to change and be happy. They say "When I get a new job" or "when I just get this new apartment", then things will be different, they'll turn around.

STart happy and things will change.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

I just changed the OP because of you.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
As a kid i once stepped in a big dogsh.., it was so big it literally wrapped around the top of my shoe.

At first i got mad, but then i said to myself, i will never step in a dogsh.. again, and moved on.

Moral to the story, i learned allways to look where to put my feet, and dogsh..'s are dissgusting to step in, i also learned that something that seems negativ can be positive for you later on, it's a decision you make as it happens.

I have never stepped in a dogsh.. since, and that makes me happy

Positve, negative and neutral is a decision you make, not something that is.
edit on 5-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
now redundant reply - obrigado ( i think i spelt that right)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Tony De Mello once said that his moment of realization concerning enlightenment came after meeting a young taxi-cyclist in India.

A young man with a short life expectancy who had already sold his body off to medical science and who worked every waking hour in order to provide for his family.

De Mello was struck and perhaps a little humbled by the joy and happiness in this mans eyes and smile despite the austerity and hardship in his life.

Perhaps we can all take something from that.

However there are some pains in life that are just too much for mortal man to bear and its at those times I feel an irresistible urge to give God a good kicking.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Yep Obrigado means thank you in portuguese

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

I am always chilled by those stories.
I once say a documentary about Stephen Hawking and his eyes were glowing with joy, i mean, he is quadriplegic and he can still feel joy about being alive.
Its all a matter of perspective really.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Excellent post! Consciousness creates reality. I'm really starting to notice that my thoughts are effecting my experience, so that positive thoughts create positive experiences. I of course am not always successful, I slip up and then get angry with myself because it is taking me a long time to master this lesson. PEACE.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Manula
In theory, it´s easy to be happy.
A happy person is a person who loves, who is satisfied, it´s a person who makes a positive judgment.
You can always find reasons to like it: if nothing else you gain experience and wisdom, you learn, you become wiser and stronger. You can like hard times, many people do not like easy games, they enjoy difficulty and hardness, they find meaning and strength in them.
So don't blame the world or bad luck, don't blame others, you are the judge of reality, you make it positive or negative by your own judgment alone.
The emotional process is like this: beliefs create thoughts, thoughts create emotions.
So if you have positive beliefs and positive thoughts, the result is positive emotions, like joy, fulfillment and happiness.
And acceptance doesn't hurt all that much.
With time we can at least accept it and find reasons to make a positive judgment of it.
Of course, In the heat of the moment we may not be able to feel good, we may not be able to control our thoughts and emotions, but when the storm passes, we can always find something good out of every situation. There is always some goodness behind every hard event.

Earth is a school planet my friends.
If you adopt the student philosophy, you feel much better about life, you can actually find good use of hard times which turn out to be good after all, because of what they made you learn and how they made you change for better.

Take care

Earth being a school planet is your personally decided faith, it seems the foundation block that has been able to apparently manage your perspective based existence undesirables (which from your flippant reply I would guess not include having one of your arms maliciously chopped off at the elbow by savages). That personally decided foundation of faith is not too different from how lets say a sheep of their god might find solace in the face of subjective adversity; The root of your solution is decided faith based on a weak foundation of truth as such it's kind of silly to try to look at other people who don't share it and say "Hey look! It's easy!".

There is to the best of my knowledge no complex innate purpose to the human existence aside from the basics that we can garner empirically and speculate deeper meanings of; The concept of that type of purpose is born out of human perception, as such it requires something sourced from the human perspective to fulfill that niche. I've found a lot of people choose god or some similar type of weak foundation of faith… I feel genuinely happy for those people given their ignorance does not hurt others (rooted in not seeing their faith based personal decision as a faith based personal decision). That said faith in a weak foundation of belief is not the road everyone can walk, not everyone is built that way to live in decided delusion.

Happiness in life is a very personal thing, and if I had to boil it down simply as you tried to do I would say as I said it is a subjective thing to be found by each individual. I found the way to do it for me was to figure out what was actually important and not sweat all the things I encountered that didn't affect what was important (this is subjective). I've also found happiness to a lesser extent knowing what was in my control under the given circumstances and not letting that which was not affect me negatively, this is different from forcing myself to bend my perception to see a lesson possibly rooted in someone else's plain ignorance.

I previously compiled a list of things that seemed to help me live in what I thought was a better way/leading to a happier life that may or may not be applicable:

Maintain an open mind!

Forgive people, you don’t have to forget and act like nothing happened but try not to hold onto negative feelings towards people. When you hold onto negative feelings it takes your precious time and attention away from things that might be more worth that precious time. (If you have a hard time finding things worth that attention and time, maybe pay attention to what your heart tells you is valuable...If the heart says blood it’s a smart ass and keep looking.)

If you are holding yourself back, forgive yourself; Forgiving yourself may be hard but if you’re willing to put forth the genuine effort into changing what it is you feel sadness or guilt over then you deserve your forgiveness.

You deserve good things; If you don’t think you deserve good things possibly see what I said about forgiveness.

Love freely when you feel it; express it freely. Don’t be afraid of the repercussions of being honest with your feelings. This includes with your self, love yourself and if you don’t feel like you do figure out why and fix it. As I said if you are willing to put forth the genuine effort into changing what it is that is causing you to feel negative at yourself, you deserve to forgive yourself.

I think most of the evil acted out in this world is just plain ignorance; in most cases I believe they don’t know or understand what they do. Try not to let the evil you perceive/the ignorance of it dim your light, be a light unto yourself for yourself and those you care about/for. Illuminate the world!

Everyone can do anything, it’s just a matter of understanding the very basics and working your way up; To the best of my knowledge people don’t typically start building a house from the roof you know?

I think almost anything is possible, and no one can prove any different.

Try not to get stuck in living only for survival if you can manage, paint, compose, write, read, garden, cook, see new things, etc… etc…

In talking with many people of many walks of life I've found things such as these more rooted in the tangible and less in faith has been more universally helpful but it still is a very very personal thing for each person that once again boils down into deciding what happiness will be for them individually.

edit on 5-2-2014 by Strayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Happiness is a decision. Sometimes it's a decision to self-delude. The trick is in sustaining it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join