It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy EXPELLED for his sausage roll and scotch egg habit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Over here private schools are called public schools and state schools are called, state schools! All the cool kids go to state schools and the PSB's (public school boys) are gimpies.

I did not check the pdf and did not see the headmaster referred to as owner so cannot comment. As the school is C of E, the local church will be involved in the running of the school and will no doubt contribute to the school's ethos and values that are instilled in the children.

A bit of good old British snobbery means that the school will not be known locally as state school but as a church school and some parents will go to any lengths to get their children accepted. The school serves a small village very near Heathrow and competition for places is probably quite strong.

edit on 5/2/2014 by teapot because:
)

edit on 5/2/2014 by teapot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Did I miss the link,if any to this story, as there seems to a lack of information with this.. What country, what school, where, when ??.
or was it a Scotch egg.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think the real trutru in this storey , the only thing that can be said with any certainty is of the obnoxious smell, eating scotch eggs and sausage rolls can cause .,

but why all the bull?, o yeah the irony of it

dissolvedwitheaseBox

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Absolutely pathetic. We live in a world that is getting progressively worse, can we not agree on that !!! Babies from 1985 to 1990s we all grew up with chocolate, chips, soft drink, and vegimite and jam sandwichs in our lunch box each day usualy with a big juicy apple as well. We were able to buy pies, sausage rolls, lollies, chocolate, chips and ice cream from the school tuck shop. And we all grew up healthy, and most of all we enjoyed school and we enjoyed a tasteful lunch. We are becoming more and more conditioned each day. Bit by bit we will loose our freedom of speech, expression, choice, individuality and control over how to raise our kids and look after our selves. And last of all freedom of how to spend our money. This little incident is just one little aspect of the bigger picture. By 2020 the children will be like conformest robots and society will begin to loose its touch with creativity and individuality.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Abavs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

buster2010
Like I said don't want to follow the rules then take the kid out of there. The parents agreed to these rules then thought they could break them at will. Blame the parents not the school because they are the ones that failed their child.

buster, I get your point, but maybe we can agree that the rule is stupid? Most school food is garbage anyway. Unless it's Michelle Obama's idea of what a school lunch should be. Which is 3 pieces of celery, a ball of tofu, some tomato soup, and a cup of non-fat (watered down) milk. Basically, the kid comes home with a headache and starving to death. Nothing wrong with egg and sausage every now and then is all that I am saying. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
When I was a lad I got spanked for wobbling my jelly at dinner time
right in front of class pants down and everything!!!
He got off lightly.
;D

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

As a kid in grade school, my buddies and I would sneak into the classroom during recess and lay tacks upside down on the seats of people who annoyed us. We even got a substitute teacher one time. Don't know how, but she figured out who it was. Probably one of our red faces gave us away. Oh the good ole days.
~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

boymonkey74
When I was a lad I got spanked for wobbling my jelly at dinner time
right in front of class pants down and everything!!!
He got off lightly.
;D

When I got punished my punishment was doing laps up and down a 100 meter back yard for a good 1 - 3 hours. Then I had to take any frustration or anger I had left out on those breaking boards they use in karate. Breaking boards with round house kicks and side kicks. And if I gave any cheek while doing that then im sent off to do another 10 laps. Got to the point I kept my mouth shut, just got on with the task, did not complain, and respected my parents. And for that punishment I made it to the state championships for long distances running twice when I was in primary school.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That's b.s. though.
The healthy eating habit should only extend to what they serve there. They should have no say over what you bring to lunch.

Schools are getting worse and worse. I am glad I am out, I can't imagine what it's like now.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Um, what in the hell is a "scotch egg"? Is that something by 3M?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Biigs

nixie_nox
BTW, wth is a scotch egg?

Its a boiled egg, rolled in a sausage meat style meat into a ball and then bread crumbed and baked.

Its a savory meat and egg snack essentially, conveniently packaged

It sounds tastey.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

crazyewok

Nope I think the state has no right to tell the people what to eat.

Where does it say in either Constitution that you have a right to eat what you want in school?

The school does have a right to dictate how your child behaves. And food has a direct effect on behavior. Not only that, parents need to take the time to consider their kid's diets and show some nurturing, and not get lazy and throw a lunchables in a bag because they can't be bothered. Children need that kind of nurturing from their parents.

With a 30% obesity rate among children, it has become obvious that parents don't know what they are doing.

Rubbish both smokeing and drinking are diffrent. Smokeing is illegal for under 16's and the secoudn hand smoke can har others and drinking is illegal for under 18's and a drunk kid will be disruptive. Eating a scothed egg neither harms other nor does it cause intoxication.

So it is only a problem if it affects other children? Ok then, when a child is hopped up on preservatives and hyper, they will disrupt class. If they keep spacing off due to bad food, and the teacher has to keep getting their attention, they will disrupt class. Not only are they hindering other kid's education, they are not learning themselves.

If you don't like the policies, you are free to homeschool your children.
edit on 10-2-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm going to share my opinion as a grade 1,2, and 3 teacher.

I agree that the school went too far, but I also think that the parents didn't cooperate with the school's policy and rules.

I teach at a private school, and though we don't have any rules for food, we have it written in the parent handbook and and tell parents when registering at our school to ensure their child brings a healthy snack to school, and that it is well balanced.

So most children will have a sandwich, some fruits or veggies, and a package of cookies/ small chips bag,water, and either fruit juice box or they can buy fresh juice from the cafeteria.

This is not about letting kids be kids, it's about uncontrollable sugar highs.

We had a student , who's name kept coming up during elementary teacher meetings, because -even though this 6 year old boy was very smart - he simply couldn't sit still. And also kept disrupting the class by banging things on the desk.

So one day the supervisor checked his lunchbox, and found a big bar of Lindt chocolate, chocolate milk, and 2 bags of chips.
No wonder the poor kid couldn't sit still and focus.

When the mother was called, she said she only gave it to her child, because that's what he asked for.

So we then told her how this was hurting her son's education, and disrupting the class, and asked her to tone down on the chocolate , and put healthier food in his box.

"Miraculously" the boy stopped being so bouncy, and loud, and is now one of the best students in class!

People,who have never taught, please try to imagine trying to teach a little boy, who just ate all that chocolate.... could you?

Once again, I think the school was too harsh, but the parents should have known better too. If they want what's best for their child.

edit on 10/2/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/2/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I have a idea, let the kids be kids. If you want your kids to be healthy then the parents of all new intakes should be made to watch a video on healty food options then enforce its a directive passed down from the state. Then it all comes down to the parents. Not to criticize anyone here but I have witnessed quite a few of the younger generation parents that are in the low income and border line povity, they aunt real switched on when it comes to parenthood due to no body taking the time to help educated them when they were growing up. So they should not be to blame as they dont know any better. They are probaly thinking they just want to give there children what there parents never gave them, and they do that through junk food cause they know it puts a smile on there face. Another factor to concider is it is getting expensive now for healthy food options. For example when I go out for breakfast I can either spend $20 AU on a healthy breakfast witch im usually hungry again by lunch time or $6.95 AU at Mc Donalds at 8:30 AM for a bacon and egg mc muffin, 1 hash brown and a juice witch will keep me usualy going till about 4:pm in the afternoon. The bottom line is there are so many factors here to consider. and not all people have the same advantages as everyone else.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join