It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA analysis of Paracas skulls found to be human-like creature.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Lloyd Pye is dead.

your point is moot.

My point is everything Pye does is shady shady shady. Look into the details here ... shady shady shady. This is a hoax. Nothing verifiable will ever come from this. Ketchum is a liar. Pye is a liar.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Malthus
I don't understand why people researching this stuff don't publish it in proper scientific journals. If the data is credible there is no reason not to do so. Not doing so leads me to assume their data is not very credible. At the very least they should make the data available (release the methodology used to collect the samples, how the DNA was sequenced, what the sequences were). Why should anyone believe any of this without proper documentation?

Bingo. Only people who want to believe and don't need any actual evidence will buy the garbage being sold here.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

bottleslingguy

Lloyd Pye is dead.

your point is moot.

My point is everything Pye does is shady shady shady. Look into the details here ... shady shady shady. This is a hoax. Nothing verifiable will ever come from this. Ketchum is a liar. Pye is a liar.

you're flailing my friend. yours is not a credible argument, just a made up fantasy. Nothing you've just said is true and all you do is preach from authority as if we should just listen to what you say. You have no evidence, just some poor pathetic wish that Pye was a scoundrel. Well either deliver the goods or be quiet and most of all deny ignorance or at least keep it to yourself.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
Only people who want to believe and don't need any actual evidence will buy the garbage being sold here.

how about the fact you want to believe Pye is a charlatan with no actual evidence? And on the contrary his life story proves he was a man of integrity who had done his homework. Your ilk is what gives science a bad name.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Are there any genuine scientifically reliable articles or papers on "Paracas skulls"? I Googled the term, and the only results come from alternative/conspiracy/crank sites.

If there were ever a DNA test, there should be a peer-reviewed paper somewhere.

By the way, here's the Yahoo Answers topic on this: ph.answers.yahoo.com...

That is utter nonsense. As science it's worse than worthless; it is wrong, and misleading. Even as supposedly harmless "entertainment" it is misguided: many people - such as yourself - will think the story has some substance, instead of being empty filler to attract eyes to web page advertising.

The story says "results of a DNA analysis of one of the skulls are now back". What results? Who performed the DNA analysis? And where? Using what techniques? Where is their raw data, so we can see exactly what was analysed, and what their results were?

Genuine scientific research always includes this. For comparison, see this recent article in 'Nature' on an analysis of shark DNA; a typical genuine scientific article:
www.nature.com...

The only 'authority' cited in the link you mention in Brien Foerster. Foerster has no qualifications in science or archaeology. He makes a living by publishing books of fanciful pseudo-science, and running guided tours of the sites he writes about. In other words, he does it to make money - not because he's a real scholar or researcher.

Foerster's Paracas story is supported by other notorious promoters of archaeological frauds, like Graham Hancock and David Hatcher Childress. This is enough to raise suspicion, if not dismiss it out of hand.

In fact, humans have been routinely deforming and elongating skulls since at least the Palaeolithic period, 45,000 years ago. It has appeared in many different cultures around the world, right up into the historical period (eg the Huns which invaded the Roman Empire in 4tn century). It seems very unusual and exotic to us in the modern world, but it just another part of the wonderful extravaganza of human body decoration. No ancient aliens or other unconventional explanations required.

Genuine scientific discoveries are reported in reputable science news channels, such as sciencedaily.com. If you see a unusual story and find lots of links on the Internet - but none of them at reputable scientific sites - then it is bogus.

The really annoying thing about thee sensationalist fakes, is that the REAL story of human evolution and settlement of Earth is already amazing, extraordinary and mind-blowing. It's not like we need to spice up a dull story to make it interesting. But doing real science requires a bit of hard work. Some people would rather get some of the thrill, without making any effort.

Hope it helps.

edit on 9-2-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
latest update from Brian, where he says 2 genetics are doing dna testing:

edit on 9-2-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

So I'll just take your word for it about this persons credentials?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

oh right, because you guys sure are being made mainstream and not just another way to make money off morons and idiots.

face up to reality, nothing any of these people say is true, its just a way from them to bilk you out of money.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

OccamsRazor04
Only people who want to believe and don't need any actual evidence will buy the garbage being sold here.

how about the fact you want to believe Pye is a charlatan with no actual evidence? And on the contrary his life story proves he was a man of integrity who had done his homework. Your ilk is what gives science a bad name.

i love how people play damage control for people who will never meet them.
yeah bro, people who call him a charlatan for never having anything real sure have to prove the guy is a charlatan, LOL.

he was a fraud, you know why? because he never showed a single shred of proof for his claims, the burden is on anyone claiming something as true.
it's not up to us to prove him wrong, he was wrong by not support his claims.

logic!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

demongoat

bottleslingguy

OccamsRazor04

i love how people play damage control for people who will never meet them.
yeah bro, people who call him a charlatan for never having anything real sure have to prove the guy is a charlatan, LOL.

he was a fraud, you know why? because he never showed a single shred of proof for his claims, the burden is on anyone claiming something as true.
it's not up to us to prove him wrong, he was wrong by not support his claims.

logic!

that is a seriously ad hominemic post and doesn't really say let alone prove anything to support what you are trying to say. You have two choices with Pye's skull:

1. it is a fake skull, therefore it's all fake.

2. the skull is real and if it's real then it is a real non-human skull.

which camp are you in?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

that is a seriously ad hominemic post and doesn't really say let alone prove anything to support what you are trying to say. You have two choices with Pye's skull:

please, don't use terms you don't even understand, or can't even spell. an ad hominem attack is bringing up irrelevant issues about a person as a way to discredit someones argument, such as saying a priest can't have an opinion on abortion, he is a priest, what does being a priest have to do with anything when it comes to abortion?

me calling pyle a liar and a fraud, is at most offensive to you and true since he made claims he couldn't back up and just sold books to gullible morons.
he was a snake oil salesman, and i don't need to refute him because he never even brought anything to the table to refute.

1. it is a fake skull, therefore it's all fake.

2. the skull is real and if it's real then it is a real non-human skull.

which camp are you in?

sorry but i'm not playing your false dichotomy game (oh look another fallacy). i choose to go with: it's a real skull from a real human being with an extreme genetic or developmental disorder, and he was parading around a child's skull for decades. he was a sick man.
the guy claiming it was alien was the only fake.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

you're flailing my friend. yours is not a credible argument, just a made up fantasy. Nothing you've just said is true and all you do is preach from authority as if we should just listen to what you say. You have no evidence, just some poor pathetic wish that Pye was a scoundrel. Well either deliver the goods or be quiet and most of all deny ignorance or at least keep it to yourself.

this is some epic level projection.
that mirror is super shiny bro, maybe next time you shouldn't talk to yourself while posting.

how about you stop scolding other posters and go get one of your heroes to cough up some evidence for their wild claims.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

so then I guess you have nothing to back up your idiocy. figured as much. pretty common when someone freaks out and starts hurling insults (like you're doing) they know they don't have an argument.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

it's a simple question: is Pye's skull fake or real?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is the Third request to STOP the Sniping.

You are free to attack theories, explanations, posts, etc. but not fellow members.

Further personal antics will be removed without notice.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

it's a simple question: is Pye's skull fake or real?

Can you show me any non biased work done by well respected labs that show what Pye claimed was true?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

wildespace
Are there any genuine scientifically reliable articles or papers on "Paracas skulls"? I Googled the term, and the only results come from alternative/conspiracy/crank sites.

If there were ever a DNA test, there should be a peer-reviewed paper somewhere.

Yes, there should be. Like everything else Pye was involved with there isn't, and never will be. It's all lies to make money.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

He answered that. Real skull from real human.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Explain how his point is moot just because Pye is dead...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

if the skull is a real bone skull (which I have no reason to doubt) then it's not human. just the fact the interior brain cavity shows a non-human brain and the bone itself is not even close to human bone, tells me this is not human. there is no disease that gives you a new brain and totally changes everything about your bone chemistry and morphology. you guys are losing this battle by the day. all you have to hang on to is bad mouthing Pye which the more people look into this and see what an amazing guy he was the more you guys look silly doing. very entertaining I must say.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join