It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA analysis of Paracas skulls found to be human-like creature.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Brien just posted this on FB.

Interview with Brien Foerster

I'm half way thru it now.

It's a short video about 20 mins.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

A project that has been underway since 2006...wait, 2008....wait, 2012....

That project will always be underway because they will never show the results.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lloyd Pye is involved, and they supposedly have "proof" that would rock the scientific community, but won't release it yet. Just trust them.

I think not.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
huge discovery. looking forward to more info~

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

jamescfh
huge discovery. looking forward to more info~

Don't hold your breath. Would be great if true. Look into the details .. you will quickly see this is a hoax.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

it's called a grassroots effort, you know the real ones with honest intentions? and how long have you been able to predict the future?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Lloyd Pye is dead.

your point is moot.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I won't keep hanging on to your "yet", I'm going rogue and getting ahead of the learning curve. It makes more sense than listening to you describe how well your field has constructed a jargon-filled hope chest.

You have your own jargon filled hope chest. Yours is filled with phrases like "going rogue", "thinking outside the box", and "being creative". All of these are long and pretty ways of saying "lazy". The "aliens did it" crowd does none of the heavy lifting themselves. They satisfy themselves with, "we don't know, so... aliens," and then letting the scientists do the real work to understand who we are, all the while being dissatisfied that they're list of questions aren't being answered as quickly as they want.

The Human Genome Project started in 1990 and a completed coding human genome was released in 2004. It only mapped the coding regions of our genome, about 1.5% of our total DNA. The ENCODE project was started in 2003 to map the rest of our DNA and understand the function of the non-coding regions. As of 2012, ENCODE was about 75% of the way done. In other words, we don't even have a full human genome yet to know what we know and don't know. Claiming that what we can't account for yet is due to aliens is like reading three quarters of War And Peace and then claiming that the French were forced to retreat from Moscow due to the arrival of Seal Team Six, because you can't imagine any other way it could have happened.

You haven't gone rogue, you've placed yourself in a box labelled "aliens".

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

So is Sitchin. That didn't stop Pye from flogging his dead corpse for cash. The next in the line of charlatans will be close behind to flog Pye's corpse in the same way.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

it has to do with personal convictions, not following the herd. Your ilk is becoming an anachronism. your mechanistic view can not comprehend what's ahead so it relies on machines to tell it if the smell on your shoe is dog sh!t

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

iterationzero

So is Sitchin. That didn't stop Pye from flogging his dead corpse for cash. The next in the line of charlatans will be close behind to flog Pye's corpse in the same way.

"for cash" lol, where's your proof of this? And hey newsflash- it takes money to do this stuff and when main stream science won't fund it you gotta get it from somewhere. don't use naivety as an argument.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

The guy I met who gave a speech on this at a conference is not this guy. I did find a video on the difference. The guy who gave the speech on this subject is an archeologist or anthropologist. I don't have his pictures because I saw him in person and talked to him for a little while..I think our conversation was about the food down in that area.

This is about what his slides showed. www.youtube.com... The ones he saw were in a bigger museum somewhere though. This video has some other videos after it that also explain this.

I do not think these people were ETs though. Just people with either different DNA or a really different gene expression of the junk DNA.
edit on 6-2-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

That video you linked (seen it before) shows that it's not a normal skull.
- Many of those skulls doesn't got molars (not even holes where they should be)
- Much bigger eye sockets (probaly they had asian eyes, like we see from many very old Olmec statues and some of those statues had elongated skulls also ).
- Many got little holes on the back of the skull for blood vessels so more blood can be supplied (same little holes as in our jaws)
- The small skulls (from kids or even baby's) got huge teeth, human kids don't grow such large teeth as such young age (also the teeth look different.
- 2 skull plates, while 3 is normal (like we have).

I do wonder since many skulls only got 2 skull plates and no molars, could it be of very old age? The skull plates do get less visable with very old people, perhaps some of them got very old (compared with us?).

And if you see this video you can just see it's not just a normal human as with how they look (as we know them):

edit on 8-2-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There are plenty of reports that it's a hoax. Of course allowing rational logic over money spinning fantasy isn't to the liking of some, perhaps this is the reason the ''anonymous'' scientists that allegedly 'made the claim' remain anonymous.

www.clevelandleader.com...

"Alien Skull" Found in Peru is Most Likely a Hoax

The so-called "alien skull" recently discovered in Peru might not be so alien afterall. The skeletal structure features an oversized, triangular-shaped skull nearly as large as the being's small body, which have led many to conclude that it is not human and must therefore be an alien being from another planet. But even the man who discovered the remains insists that it is a human child with some type of deformity and not extraterrestrial life.

Peruvian anthropologist Renato Davila Riquelme made the discovery, and has declared the remains as those of a child. But the alien skull story picked up momentum when RPP, a Peruvian news site, published an article that featured a number of quotes from anonymous, unnamed Spanish and Russian scientists who claim that the remains are "clearly" those of an alien.

A statement from the scientists read:

"It has a non-human appearance. The head is triangular and big, almost the same size as the boy... yes, it's an extraterrestrial being."
The scientific community has long hypothesized that if alien life exists, it is unlikely to look similar to humans. Critics of the "alien skull" theory say that the skull could be that of a hydrocephalic child or a tribal member that underwent tribal rituals that involved skull modification, an ancient practice dating back thousands of years.

Artificial cranial deformation has been practices as far back as 45,000 BC when it was seen in Neanderthal skulls. It's also been traced back to the Proto-Neolithic Homo sapiens from the 12th millenium BCE. Ritual cranial deformation typically begins just after the birth of a child and over the course of the next few years until the desired shape is reached or the child rejects the apparatus used for modification. The practice was generally done to signify group affiliation or to demonstrate social status.

Photo: Artificially deformed skulls from the Andean Paracas culture.

The recently discovered Peruvian skull has some similarities with skulls from the Andean Paracas culture. These skulls were deformed artificially.

Until these so-called scientists come forth and reveal their identities, it's safe to assume that the remains are that of a human child and not an alien.

www.ibtimes.com...

The skeletal structure with an oversized skull and miniature rib cage, discovered in Peru recently, has been creating quite a buzz, with several anthropologists claiming that it cannot possibly belong to any human ethnic groups on earth and thus has come from another planet.

The claims sound completely farfetched, even as Peruvian anthropologist Renato Davila Riquelme, who made the discovery, has declared that the remains are those of a child. So who are these people celebrating the discovery of an ancient alien? As of now, they are unidentified. The alien skull buzz gained momentum after a Peruvian news site RPP, published an article featuring a number of anonymous quotes from noted (but strangely unnamed) Spanish and Russian scientists and anthropologists, who claimed that the structure clearly belonged to an alien.

edit on 8-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I have tried to look back through the speakers of the past seminars and think I found the man. The skulls were not the main part of the speech so I am not positive because it is not listed. Most speakers at these conference have multiple credentials. I think he was a professor of anthropology at a university and received a degree in genetics during continuing education. I think He may still be involved in the faculty of the university. His specialties are DNA sequencing, genotyping, phylogenetics, human and nonhuman primate evolutionary genetics.

I know, nothing that is relevant to this subject.

edit on 8-2-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't understand why people researching this stuff don't publish it in proper scientific journals. If the data is credible there is no reason not to do so. Not doing so leads me to assume their data is not very credible. At the very least they should make the data available (release the methodology used to collect the samples, how the DNA was sequenced, what the sequences were). Why should anyone believe any of this without proper documentation?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

They found carbon dating on the starchild skull to be 900 Years Old.
I was just wondering what nuclear Accident could have caused that
Deformation and the Parents Screwy Genes.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

mblahnikluver
Brien just posted this on FB.

Interview with Brien Foerster

I'm half way thru it now.

It's a short video about 20 mins.

Here is a link to the transcript of the above interview. Brien just posted it on FB.

Transcript

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
More reports that the story of the opening post of this thread is a hoax.

doubtfulnews.com...

ANTISCIENCE, BELIEF, CONSPIRACIES, DISCOVERIES, EVOLUTION, ODDITIES, PARANORMAL PERSONALITIES, PSEUDOSCIENCE, QUESTIONABLE CLAIMS, UFOS & ALIENS
Foerster, Pye and Ketchum collaborate: Paracas elongated skull exposed!
by Sharon Hill • February 6, 2014 • 17 Comments

On the south coast of Peru in 1928, Peruvian archaeologist, Julio Tello, discovered a collection of remains of individuals with unusually elongated skulls. Cranial deformation is a widely known practice the skull is intentionally deformed by binding the head with wood or cloth to achieve an elongate or flat shape. And this story get weird…

elongated-skull-paracas

Initial DNA analysis of Paracas elongated skull released – with incredible results | Ancient Origins.

The Paracas skulls, however, are different. The cranial volume is up to 25 percent larger and 60 percent heavier than conventional human skulls, meaning they could not have been intentionally deformed through head binding/flattening. They also contain only one parietal plate, rather than two. The fact that the skulls’ features are not the result of cranial deformation means that the cause of the elongation is a mystery, and has been for decades.

Samples of these skulls (hair, including roots, tooth, bone and skin) housed at the Paracas History Museum were taken. Here’s the kicker… they were sent, not to a reputable scientist or geneticist, but to Lloyd Pye (now deceased), founder of the Starchild Project who believed in alien hybrids. Guess who he gave them to for testing? (This is rich.) Our favorite Nobel-wishing genetic tester, friend of the forest people, Dr. Melba Ketchum. Ketchum has made our feature posts as the orchestrator of the Bigfoot DNA testing boondoggle. In February of 2013, she self-published a paper (after it was rejected by mainstream journals) that her collection of supposed Bigfoot genetic samples showed the North American Sasquatch was a hybrid of an unknown ape and a human mother. The findings were roundly rejected. See the chronicles of Ketchum here.

She had hinted in the past she was working on elongate skulls. A few of our readers were able to flesh out this story.

Here is what was posted by Brien Foerster, the lead researcher, from the person who did the genetic testing:

It had mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans.

The “geneticist”, unnamed in this piece, gushes about how the findings are at odds with the evolutionary tree as we know it. Hmm. Where is the paper? This kind of “groundbreaking” stuff gives soundly skeptical folks serious pause. It sounds like woo and it’s been making the rounds on such mystery-mongering outlets. It didn’t appear in any scientific context AT ALL. [Giant red flags go up.]

Fortean writer Martin Clemens could see something was odd about this (not in a good way) and wrote this piece today:

Well, it seems Foerster would like us all to believe he has preliminary results of that analysis in hand, and through an appearance on JustEnergyRadio, he has released some rather spurious details that on first glance seem quite intriguing, but upon closer inspection, aren’t really all that impressive.

Several bloggers who specialize in the paranormal, have published posts telling of these preliminary conclusions, claiming that the DNA offered unexpected results. Headlines such as ‘Initial DNA analysis of Paracas elongated skulls released – with incredible result’ are giving people the wrong impression of the situation.

Foerster is claiming that mitochondrial DNA was found in at least one sample and that analysis of that DNA showed mutations that don’t conform to mutations known in humans or other animals.

Clemens clearly picked up on the fact that this is unprofessional behavior and we should CERTAINLY hold judgement regardless of the hype. This story is getting too much attention and too little verification.

At best it’s inconclusive. The DNA would be identified as human, but with anomalies; anomalies that could be caused by any number of contaminants or procedural flaws. It could be that this DNA really does provide unusual results, but the only thing that can be said of it at this point is that it requires further study. The sensational release of unconfirmed and unverifiable information such as this on a radio show, is not worthy of the attention this story is receiving.

In two places, Clemens notes he HOPES the “geneticist” was not Ketchum but the way this is being presented to the public is strangely reminiscent of Melba’s way of making an end run around the scientific community. Ah, Martin, your senses serve you well – because it is indeed Melba’s handiwork. We find this via a few routes that connect Foerster to Melba. It’s admitted here as part of the Genesis Project:

The head of our genetics study, who wished to remain anonymous until now, is Dr. Melba Ketchum.

Foerster is involved alternative history. Genesis Quest is a less than credible-sounding project whose mission is:

[...] dedicated to solving ancient mysteries that have largely been overlooked by main-stream science.
Genesis Quest (GQ) will focus on ancient puzzles, such as unexplained, monumental stone ruins ringing the globe, submerged structures and cities, and lost civilizations far older than those of Egypt or Sumer. They will focus special attention on global disasters that apparently destroyed such forgotten early civilizations, as described in ancient traditions, myths, and scriptural accounts– including the Old Testament’s Book of Genesis, which partly inspired the organization’s name.

GQ happily failed at their Kickstarter but apparently got funding from other places. They are looking for help getting their ideas into a TV series they want to pitch to Discovery.

This scenario fits with Melba’s unscientific agenda. Her interpretation of Bigfoot DNA has been tinged with religious (remember that ancient Bigfoot were the Nephilim?) and anti-evolution undertones. I have to admit I missed making this connection that was actually revealed on this very site back in December on the post about Lloyd Pye’s death from blogger SeesDifferent (see comments). On Sees’ OTL,S blog, (well-known for getting the inside scoop on Bigfootery) we find that Foerster posted this on his Facebook page on February 3 (Foerster quotes in blue):

IMPORTANT DNA UPDATE (not of this skull, but another Paracas): NOT HUMAN?
it had mtDNA with mutations unknown in any human, primate or animal known so far. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans.. I am not sure it will even fit into the known evolutionary tree. The question is if they were so different, they could not interbreed with humans.

Of course, it’s a marketing tool; we learn in the comments where we can buy Foerster’s elongated skull book and sign up for his nephilim tour.

And any of you should come on this tour if you want to learn the latest info.

or perhaps attend the ancient aliens lecture circuit:

The first video of the skull in the photo will be on Watchers 8, by LA Marzulli, in June, along with carbon 14, hair analysis, and DNA results…

When queried by a commenter about peer review, he mumbles

Peer review will of course be considered, but this information belongs to THE WORLD; not a few academics…

Of course it belongs to the world…. that’s why he’s selling it…instead of having the world get it for free….oh, wait….

Here is Foerster’s Hidden Inca Tours site – a research travel group. Foerster has no scientific credentials though he calls himself an “expert”. His bio notes he has an “Honours Bachelor Of Science degree” (whatever that is) but took up carving and sculpture full time.

He writes for the Graham Hancock website as well. And is the author of several books. Most notably, this one:

enigma

TOO MUCH PSEUDOSCIENCE IN ONE POST, I KNOW!

Now don’t you all wonder if this will be the next paper published in Melba’s sham journal DeNovo?! Shall we take bets?

Alternative history, ancient aliens, self-proclaimed experts, nephilim (which apparently is too far of a reach according to Foerster), Bigfoot, the Bible, a money grab… all rolled into one. This is ANOTHER circus.

Thanks Martin, Jeb Card, SeesDifferent – you guys are ON THE BALL!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The DNA was apparently tested by Melba Ketchum, a veterinary doctor from Texas, known for making false allegations about being part of a research team when they refused to publish her 'reports' on various things including a Bigfoot human hybrid claim that has been proven a hoax. Then apparently wrote a love story novel about a girl and a Bigfoot. Who knows perhaps some of her 'believers' might be 'treated' to a human / long headed alien love story from Melba, coming soon to a mall near you.

Surely all the funding from people supposedly for DNA testing would have enabled a proper research facility.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A Texas vet who claims to have DNA proof that Bigfoot is real went on the attack against a journalist who said her evidence comes from a small woodlands creature.

It's been five years since Texas veterinarian and genetics researcher Melba Ketchum began studying DNA samples from a creature she calls Bigfoot. She published her findings in a "scientific journal," though the only article to appear in the DeNovo Journal of Science was Ketchum's study, a fact that drew plenty of criticism from scientists and reporters.

Fed up by this hazy proof of "Sasquatch genomes," Houston Chronicle reporter Eric Berger sent some of Ketchum's DNA samples to an independent geneticist for analysis.

The result? The 100 DNA samples that Ketchum claimed proved the existence of a hybrid mix between homo sapiens and an unknown primate were actually the genetic makeup of ... an opossum.

ktwop.wordpress.com...

seesdifferent.wordpress.com...

Ketchum has now published what she says is a 25,000 word young adult novel, which appears to be part one of a trilogy of some sort of love story between a sasquatch and some teenage girl. And by “girl’ I mean the sort of adolescent female human being you can see in large numbers at shopping malls across the US of A. Now lets not discuss the whole bestiality thing at this point, though that is obviously what sells this kind of garbage, and just consider for a moment the task of writing a 25,000 word novel. And another to come out in the spring, and another in the fall. Now let’s consider the demonstrated writing talents of Melba Ketchum, which, in our opinion, are meager, at best. Not to say someone with meager talents couldn’t write a novel, with some help. And of course she has been compared to Galileo (by herself) and Einstein, so there’s that.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The 'scientist' that reportedly tested the DNA was Melba Ketchum, whose company was graded 'F' by a business ratings bureau due to not delivering results and not keeping to recognised industry regulations regarding DNA testing.

www.bigfootlunchclub.com...

Melba Ketchum Has a History of Failing to Deliver DNA Results
Posted by Guy Edwards

Dr. Melba Ketchum's DNA Diagnostics Better Business rating is an "F"
Disappointed by the delay in the Bigfoot DNA results? Get in line. A Post by Michael Merchant, of the Team Tazer Bigfoot Fanpage, linked to the Better Business Bureau® rating for Dr. Melba Ketchum's business DNA Diagnostics, Inc. Unfortunately on a scale from A-F, Melba's company gets an F. Why? Failure to deliver DNA Results. In these cases it is horse, cat and dog DNA results.

Under the additional complaint information header on the BBB page was this paragraph.
DNA Diagnostics has developed a pattern of complaints and has failed to correct the underlying reasons for complaints. Consumers claim have paid for services that have not been delivered or have not been delivered within a reasonable time. Further, they have not received a refund when services were not provided.
To be fair, we do not know the percentage of unhappy DNA Diagnostics consumers, we do know there have been 19 complaints submitted to the BBB and 18 are due to "delivery issues". 7 of the complaints were resolved with the aid of BBB, 8 did not get resolved, 3 have not even been responded to by DNA Diagnostics and 1 was determined as a good faith effort to resolve. Click the following link to read the entire details of every BBB DNA Diagnostic Complaint.

Here is a brief of each of the 19 complaints

04/19/2011 - Extremely poor custstomer service and communication. [Resolved]
09/01/2010 - Missing Feline DNA results. Pre-Paid. No results [Resolved]
08/23/2010 - I ordered 5 tests from Catgenes (Dna Diagnostics) and none of them were ever completed. [Resolved]
08/04/2010 - Service not done. I purchased testing and sent in samples, which were received, and never got results. [Resolved]
07/23/2010 - I ordered DNA tests to be completed in the beginning of March, and have not recieved my results or had any phone calls/emails returned. [Resolved]
04/14/2010 - I paid for a service (feline DNA testing) and never received the results. [Resolved]
03/12/2010 - Provided a sample to be worked, they have not worked it and will not provide a refund or assistance. [Resolved]
12/16/2010 - I submitted hair for a DNA test with Shelterwood Lab. almost a month ago and they have cashed my check but they have not returned calls or emails. [UNResolved]
09/03/2010 - I ordered $320 worth of DNA tests in Dec., 2009. Results were promised in 3 weeks. In March, 2010: received incorrect results. [UNResolved]
08/20/2010 - I sent samples to be analyzed & included full payment. Have received no results and almost no response to my inquiries over the past 12 months. [UNResolved]
08/02/2010 - I submitted a request for an equine paternal test at the end of March 2010. It is now July 1, 2010. I still have not recieved test restults. [UNResolved]
08/02/2010 - Paid for a service in Feb 2010, and have not received test results. [UNResolved]
07/30/2010 - Sent DNA in on two horses last week of March. Still no report on these. Have called numorus times . No responce. [UNResolved]
05/17/2010 - I paid for services they did not give me. [UNResolved]
05/13/2010 - For 2 1/2 months have been told at least 10 times I would recieve results of DNA test in 1 -3 days.I ask for a refund today and they say no refunds. [UNResolved]
11/01/2010 - Sent samples with full payment in April 2010. I have recieved no results to date and have tried repeatedly to contact them for a refund. [Biz did not Respond]
06/25/2010 - Sent dog DNA in for testing 1/23/10 no results... [Biz did not Respond]
07/20/2010 - Delivery Issues [Biz did not Respond]
03/31/2010 - They have not provided me the diagnostic service as promised from June of 2009. [BBB Determined Biz made good faith effort]

We are not blind to the irony of the complaints. Most of them categorized as failing to deliver DNA results on time. Bigfooters have been waiting for Melba's DNA test results for a while too.

Again to be fair, some of the complications arose when Cat Fanciers Association.(CFA) stopped using DNA Diagnostics and continued to test with another DNA testing contractor. Why CFA decided to go with a different lab is unknown to us.

To put this in some further context. According to the BBB there are 19 other businesses in the BBB category of "Laboratories - Medical" serving the Tyler & Longview TX area. None of them has had complaints within the last 36 months.

Another independent source also expressed frustration with Dr. Melba Ketchum. A company called International Genetics has this on their page.

April thru July 2008 Melba Ketchum became very tardy in extracting PinPoint’s DNA samples. This was the first period of delays that caused severe customer service problems. We then came to an agreement with Texas A&M to handle this process as well as the PID testing.

April 2009 The 2nd lawsuit was filed and this was the final straw between Dr. Ketchum and InGen. Due to Dr. Ketchum’s failure to properly research certain tests that are allegedly protected by patent, InGen was drawn into another lawsuit which eventually led to the early termination of the contract between InGen and Texas A&M. InGen severed its relationship with Dr. Ketchum which was the best thing that has come from that suit.

We attempted to reach out to Dr. Melba Ketchum for a response regarding the BBB rating and have not yet heard back from Dr. Ketchum. If she responds we will update this post.

We truly hope for the best, there is a good portion of people who sent samples to Ketchum that have good standing in the community. We would love to have all of our concerns proven to be baseless.

A final thought: when the press release comes out before the evidence, that press release might as well be a red flag.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join