It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stock Market In Japan Is COLLAPSING ! Title of article

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Every citizen of their respective country tends to have a myopic world view; nothing new there but the boys who watch the world markets are becoming very concerned.. Is this just a blip or is it the beginning hard world market reset ? Most of the DOOM reports I have read keep saying watch China an yet many of the fundamentals Japan is riding seem to be insurmountable.

I personally wish I knew what to do other than pull all my retirement from the market which I thought about doing when the U.S. DOW topped 16,500... Felt there was no direction but down... I should have listened to myself instead of my investment councilor!

Did you see what just happened in Japan? The stock market of the 3rd largest economy on the planet is imploding. On Tuesday, the Nikkei fell by more than 610 points. If that sounds like a lot, that is because it is. The largest one day stock market decline in U.S. history is only 777 points. So far, the Dow is only down about 1000 points during this "correction", but the Nikkei is down more than 2,300 points. The Nikkei has dropped more than 14 percent since the peak of the market, and many analysts believe that this is only just the beginning.

As Bloomberg noted, much of the blame for the financial problems that we are seeing all over the planet right now is being placed on the Federal Reserve.

The Fed created this bubble by pumping trillions of fresh dollars into the global financial system, and now they are bursting this bubble by starting to cut off the flow of easy money.

This is something that I warned would happen when the Fed decided to taper, and now RBS is warning of a "market bloodbath" unless the Federal Reserve immediately stops tapering.

Most Americans simply do not realize that our financial markets no longer resemble a free market system. Instead, they are highly manipulated and distorted by the central banks, and the trillions of dollars of "hot money" that the Fed has poured into the global financial system has infected virtually every financial market on Earth...

www.activistpost.com...
edit on 5-2-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

They are pumping air into a balloon that has already burst.

And the writer wants to continue the false bubble in order to stop a correction?

Our economy died several years ago. Politicians and the Fed kept it on life support for a while.

But even this is unsubstainable!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So, are there signs the US sm is collapsing yet?

Every year the forecast is that it will collapse later that year in recent years, including this yr

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Last time this happened there were a lot of jumpers. Curious if they're blocking roof-top access as a precaution. I wouldn't consider the train schedule reliable either as that is another preferred exit strategy.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ITs only a matter of time, when the US markets come crashing down. Ive already moved all of my 401-k out of stocks. I did the same in 2008 just before that crash, and never lost a penny. I just have an uneasy feeling about the markets this time, with real change, following a crash. I say No more bailouts, let the markets crash, and the businesses that cant survive on there own without gov help, well sorry, only the strong survive. We've let this failing system go on too long, its time for some real change, and restructuring of our economy. Its going to be hard, but in the end, our children will thank us, for not continuing on a road to no where, but failure.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

I wonder. . . .

Who is going to be "too big to fail" this time?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
And the strategy for recovering from such a crash is? most people as is are two paychecks from the streets, tell me people won't get mean and destructive when their power goes out and can't feed their families
edit on 5-2-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Glassbender777
ITs only a matter of time, when the US markets come crashing down. Ive already moved all of my 401-k out of stocks. I did the same in 2008 just before that crash, and never lost a penny. I just have an uneasy feeling about the markets this time, with real change, following a crash. I say No more bailouts, let the markets crash, and the businesses that cant survive on there own without gov help, well sorry, only the strong survive. We've let this failing system go on too long, its time for some real change, and restructuring of our economy. Its going to be hard, but in the end, our children will thank us, for not continuing on a road to no where, but failure.

I doubt it would really be able to be fixed. Seems when every empire falls throughout history, they fall and are written in the history books. They have the assets in place for when things do fall, but all the gear they have ready for us does not look like rebuilding equipment.
Firepiston

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

all2human
And the strategy for recovering from such a crash is?

Same as it always was, same as it always will be.

War. A big one.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

beezzer

I wonder. . . .

Obamarama?

The Dow's down a hundred already. Wonder what it's going to be like when the crows come home to roost, and all that QE becomes apparent in the National Debt. How many trillions was it?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

beezzer

I wonder. . . .

Me too.And how much more will it cost the already poor this time around.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

This from yesterday could well be related:
(click the link on the right,left does not work)
www.ft.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.ft.com...

Its from the FT,who don't allow copy/paste but the article talks about huge equities sell offs yesterday in Japan,4.2% of the market.
Some good info in that article-Remember the target audiencee of the FT is basically the "elite."

edit on 5/2/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: link info

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In my own household, I predicted this last year. Once the weakest link (Japan) starts to shatter economically, the rest of the global financial system would not be far behind. The great depression. version 2.014. I agree that if the fed keep printing paper, it will stay afloat a little longer. What we have to ask now is how far will that tapering go?

Someone in my family said that Janet Yellin was appointed to the FED CHAIR position so "they could have a woman as the fall person when the market collapses." That family member may have been right about what they said. TIme will tell.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Snarl

beezzer

I wonder. . . .

Obamarama?

The Dow's down a hundred already. Wonder what it's going to be like when the crows come home to roost, and all that QE becomes apparent in the National Debt. How many trillions was it?

Unfortunately I don't know how long this has been going on but it was at 88 billion a couple months back before the tapering. Now it's at about 85 billion a month.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Glassbender777

Well said, but it wont happen as all our politicians are in bed with the corporations

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A little more world news:

Although economists have expressed concerns that turmoil will spread to emerging-market currencies after a plunge by Argentina's peso, it is believed that Thailand should be able to cope with the situation given its solid economic fundamentals and high foreign reserves.

In two days last week, the peso slumped by about 17-18 per cent against the US dollar, prompting panic among investors across the globe.

The resulting sell-off of the peso could spill over into other emerging-market currencies in Latin America and Asia. Five countries - Brazil, Turkey, South Africa, Indonesia and India - are in focus, given their sensitivity to currency fluctuations.

The peso's plunge last week marked Argentina's weak economy, buffeted by inflation running at an estimated 28 per cent and reserves at a seven-year low. The country saw a record US$95-billion default in late 2001 and is not able to borrow from the global financial markets. Thus its economy is growing slowly.

For the past several years, Argentina has been facing capital outflows. Reserves have tumbled at a rate of $1.1 billion a month over the past year to a seven-year low of $29.3 billion (Bt964 billion), according to Bloomberg. Spending more of the reserves on propping up the peso, the world's worst-performing currency over the past 12 months, became untenable.

www.nationmultimedia.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

An old lady told me, yesterday, times are a lot harder these days, than they were during World War 2. That can't be good. I asked her, why? She said, there are no jobs. No jobs = no money. She makes flowers out of fabric; so i said to her: if there are no jobs and there is no money; how are you going to sell your products, if people don't have money to buy them? She just stared at me for a moment, as if it never crossed her mind.

Money is absolutely WORTHLESS! If i have a basket of apples or a basket of money; and you were starving, which would you choose???

Oh, how we underestimate the beauty of earth. It's a shame we spend our whole lives chasing something that is worthless! Imagine how beautiful our planet would be, if we learned how to till the land, and barter with each other. Farming land is hard work and society has become lazy. There is NO WAY, things will ever get better. The quicker we face that reality, the quicker we can start working that land and trade the fruits it bears, with each other. OR, die a slow death.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

WonderBoi
reply to post by 727Sky

An old lady told me, yesterday, times are a lot harder these days, than they were during World War 2. That can't be good. I asked her, why? She said, there are no jobs. No jobs = no money. She makes flowers out of fabric; so i said to her: if there are no jobs and there is no money; how are you going to sell your products, if people don't have money to buy them? She just stared at me for a moment, as if it never crossed her mind.

Money is absolutely WORTHLESS! If i have a basket of apples or a basket of money; and you were starving, which would you choose???

Oh, how we underestimate the beauty of earth. It's a shame we spend our whole lives chasing something that is worthless! Imagine how beautiful our planet would be, if we learned how to till the land, and barter with each other. Farming land is hard work and society has become lazy. There is NO WAY, things will ever get better. The quicker we face that reality, the quicker we can start working that land and trade the fruits it bears, with each other. OR, die a slow death.

That sounds all well and good and I admire the sentiment however: I live overseas in a farming community. It is up a dawn and work in the fields all day every day. The people look like they are 80 when they reach 50 and that is wearing hats and long sleeve shirts and pants in 100 degree temps. People try and get most done by 11 am because the heat can kill a normal person.. There is a difference between someone who plays in a garden and someone who has to depend on their farm for survival.

Our crops are rotated between rice and vegetables but the work never stops. One thing to dream, it is altogether different to do.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

727Sky

WonderBoi
reply to post by 727Sky

One thing to dream, it is altogether different to do.
That's the exact point i'm making. That's why we're in deep trouble.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by 727Sky

Last time this happened there were a lot of jumpers. Curious if they're blocking roof-top access as a precaution. I wouldn't consider the train schedule reliable either as that is another preferred exit strategy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they closed Aokigahara Forest down to public as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join