It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC - All Visitors to Sochi Olympics Immediately Hacked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

kosmicjack
As I said in another thread, this Olympics could hardly get any weirder. I hope not at least. I do think the Olympic committee bears at least some of the responsibility...for choosing Sochi at all.

Yes it can, I heard Putin's mistress is carrying the Olympic flame, maybe.

let the games begin, I'ma gonna watch the Olympics, anyone else?
edit on 022828p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

MissBeck
I'm thinking publicizing the fact you are going to be hacked on any electronic device may be part of a plan, trying to send out a message to would be terrorists, that whatever you do, you can be traced.

Just thinking out loud.

Good point

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

yellow acid water

LOL and wild dogs said to be wandering in and out of the rooms.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
I'ma gonna watch the Olympics, anyone else?

I'm looking forward to the Ice Skating. In the summer, we watch the swimming.
Olympics are great fun .... to watch.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Stormdancer777
I'ma gonna watch the Olympics, anyone else?

I'm looking forward to the Ice Skating. In the summer, we watch the swimming.
Olympics are great fun .... to watch.

Looking forward to opening ceremonies.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Nooo, I won't be watching. I'm not a sports fan at all. But no doubt there will be updates on here somewhere. I might peek at those threads.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

MissBeck

Nooo, I won't be watching. I'm not a sports fan at all. But no doubt there will be updates on here somewhere. I might peek at those threads.

I'm not big on sports either, but it is either that or reality TV,

OH wait, lol
edit on 032828p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I'd have to wipe the dust off the TV to see it in the first place! If it wasn't for my little one, there wouldn't be a TV in the house.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

MissBeck

I'd have to wipe the dust off the TV to see it in the first place! If it wasn't for my little one, there wouldn't be a TV in the house.

You can watch it on the net.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Hmm, I know. Even though I don't want to watch it, I've a feeling there will be no escaping it.
Lets just hope it's not for something tragic.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've run across a few more articles about all the unfinished stuff in Sochi this afternoon. *heavy sigh* I think this is apt:

The Three Stooges could have done better.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What! get real....
you have found out your countries spys on Ever thing you do.
and you get up set that USSR does it?

I am waiting for a stadium to fall and kill people
(
or the athletes.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

As tourists and families of athletes arrive in Sochi, if they haven't been warned, and if they fire up their phones at baggage claim, it's probably too late to save the integrity of their electronics and everything inside them. Visitors to Russia can expect to be hacked. And as Richard Engel found out upon his arrival there, it's not a matter of if, but when," reports NBC's Brian Williams.

Engel says, "The State Department warns that travelers should have no expectation of privacy. Even in their hotel rooms. And as we found out, you are especially exposed as soon as you try and communicate with anything.

NBC is sounding like they think they're breaking big news to people. This was talked about on Cdn news stations a while ago. The moment you're there (Russia, Sochi), they (KGB) have full access to all your devices. It was never a secret, Russia announced it.

Likely other spy agencies other than the KGB will also have full access to everyone's devices too, there's spy agencies from other countries working with Russia on security issues.

Russia and everyone else are expecting terrorism there, so they're telling people in advance, that they're watching everyone, and looking for troublemakers, in every way possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, I am going to go ahead and post this, although I was waiting for part II to be posted.

NBC Hacking

This was a test set up by trend micro with NBC. According to NBC's report they did "nothing" except connect the phone to the network. According to trend, they were downloading apps....They also used no spyware/virus protection, no firewall or anything else.

To top it off, they recreated this nbc journalist pc and information, copied his browsing habits etc. Of course a well known journalist, with unprotected computers is going to be hacked once seen unprotected on a network.

As I said, I have been waiting for the rest of the blog to be posted over at trend micro, but as of now, NBC really stretched the truth on this. Almost as if they don't want people in Sochi to have access to information..

*queue X-files music*

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
so the hacking is for security purposes by government agencies? i thought it was hacked like as in hacked and your passwords stolen and stuff would be bought with your credit card info and so on and so forth, now that would be a disaster. welcome to the present day big brother is always watching everything you do but they can't catch the real criminals!! i am more disturbed about the horrendous hotel arrangements and yellow acid water, like i said earlier even detroit would have better accommodations lol!!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

I believe I saw last week, ? , that Sochi was going to 'Monitor' ALL Electronic Comm devices of those in the Vicinity of the Games. So I would say Yah, Their Gov is doing the Snooping for 'Security' reasons. Plus any goodies they can find as well! LOL! Later, Syx.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join