It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC - All Visitors to Sochi Olympics Immediately Hacked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Aleister
Did they think putting reporters into these kind of conditions would be hidden and not broadcast to the world? .

YES. Because Russia rules their 'press' with an iron fist ... with threats and prison and all sorts of nasty things. So they don't know how to handle a free press and a free internet system ... and live tweets with pictures of 'disaster hotels' ...

The one tweet about the hotel room without a floor, but with Putins picture in it ... that really tells it all.
Reminds me of 1984 ... Big Brother posters everywhere in great shape, and everything else falling apart.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Sochi Running out of Pillows

The Russians are running around collecting pillows from people.
Forcing them to give up their pillows.
They are claiming that the athletes showed up 'unexpectedly' and the pillows aren't ready.

Unexpectedly?? Really? Like Russia didn't know the Olympics were going to happen?

Washington Post - Journalist LIVE TWEETS about Hilarious and Gross Sochi Hotel Experiences

Check out some of the tweets .... rooms without floors but with a picture of PUTIN in it.

WOW. Just WOW.

Omg , 3 pictures and the world is doomed alarm , alarm, stop the olympics!!!Journalists complaining about conditions ,what a bunch of whiners, pussies.Real journalists are in war zones now.This is exxageration, nothing else.
edit on 5-2-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When I was in Moldova (part of the former USSR) we had to walk up/down 12+ flights of stairs (the elevators never worked) each morning to buy water. Yes, buy water. You didn't drink or coolkwith the water out of the tap, you brought as many water containers as you could carry to this water kiosk to get them filled.

Each kiosk competed for business by claiming their water was cleaner or more pure.

Also, you could tell who had money and who didn't based on the building they lived in. The buildings that had the tile work completed all the way up the sides had money.

The funny thing was, the downtown was beautiful with gorgeous landscaping. Everyone was dressed to the 9's with the latest fashion and expensive smart phones. If I hadn't seen the shanties they lived in, I would have assumed they were very wealthy.

It's pretty bad in some places over there ...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

xavi1000
This is exageration, nothing else.

OOOOOOKAY ...

And the purpose of this exaggeration on the part of journalists is???

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

FlyersFan

xavi1000
This is exageration, nothing else.

OOOOOOKAY ...

And the purpose of this exaggeration on the part of journalists is???

They are softy,jelous and whiners.About privacy i must agree , this is not good at all.
edit on 5-2-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm thinking publicizing the fact you are going to be hacked on any electronic device may be part of a plan, trying to send out a message to would be terrorists, that whatever you do, you can be traced.

Just thinking out loud.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

xavi1000
They are softy,jelous and whiners.

I dunno. If I checked into a hotel and it had yellow acid water; no floor; no pillows; no heat; and 'working girls' wandering in the room at 4:00 am to see if I needed servicing .... I'd be complaining as well.

These news organizations (like CNN and NBC, etc) have reserved ten rooms at a time, but upon arrival find that only one room is available and the rest are unfinished and can't be occupied. That's pretty big stuff. Especially since Russia had YEARS to prepare for this and PUTIN says they are ready. Ya' know?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

You think that it could be a defense tactic .... to scare terrorists?
Maybe. I'd think they'd not care if they are tracked because
if they are suicide bombers, they'll be dead anyways and won't care
about being tracked. But .... maybe.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with everything you said. Water, beds, etc. - and the working girls should wander into the rooms at around 11 p.m., 11:30, because 4 a.m. is really a bit too late.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow, can we say "trainwreck"? Has any past winter or summer Olympics been mangled as badly as this before?

I'm not sure which is more worthy of my cringes, asking the public for their personal pillows because they don't have enough for guests, or the contaminated yellow water. Or the open manholes. Or the wild dogs roaming the buildings (I know Russia has a problem with wild dogs, but really??) Or the busted door knobs. Or the electronics hacking.

I think I'll settle for a simultaneous double facepalm & headdesk all around. Yeesh.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Oh, I absolutely agree with you on that one, they wouldn't care less if they were traced if they were suicide bombers, but I doubt they'd be working alone. There would have to be a trail of contact somewhere I should imagine, to make sure things were going to plan, so to speak. But like I said, just me, thinking out loud. I'll get back in my 'Lurker cage' now.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

yeah they really should just man up and drink vodka as opposed to the yellow acid water. maybe they are giving all foreigners bad living quarters to give the russians in advantage in the medal count, reminds me of the scene in rocky 4 where drago gets state of the art training equipment while rocky has to run up and down snow mountains and work out with a wheel barrow.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
why would anyone bring their own smartphone or other smart devices to Russia...IT'S RUSSIA FOR GOD'S SAKES!!!....burner phones are cheap and easy to find....geez....hey, did you also wear that shirt with a big American flag on it, too????...how about just paint a big red target on yourself, and make it easier for smart people to stay the hell away from you.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

MissBeck

FlyersFan

Oh, I absolutely agree with you on that one, they wouldn't care less if they were traced if they were suicide bombers, but I doubt they'd be working alone. There would have to be a trail of contact somewhere I should imagine, to make sure things were going to plan, so to speak. But like I said, just me, thinking out loud. I'll get back in my 'Lurker cage' now.

What you said made perfect sense missbeck as there would have to be some kind of orginization and planning going on.

Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and please do not go into the background of ATS where we can not see you

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just more reason to host the games in a neutral safe-state meant solely for the Olympics.

Build your Olympic stadium, hotels and events out in the middle of Australia and fly everyone in.

Then build another on Antarctica or the Arctic for the Winter Games.

Or just host it in Greece every year. Either way, the current procedure is a charade and goes against the original character of what the games meant to the people who created them. To compete, not monetarily but physically, and in a spirit of brotherhood not greed.
edit on 5-2-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OMG .... too funny! Russia couldn't get the hotels done and can't get the water flowing,
but they found the $$ to give out 100,000 free condoms to athletes ...

TMZ - Olympic Officials Distribute 100,000 Condoms to Olympic Athletes

A rep for the International Olympic Committee tells us ... "The distribution of condoms in the village is part of the IOC’s involvement in the HIV and AIDS prevention."

The 100,000 condoms will cover roughly 7,650 athletes who are competing (and banging each other) over a 16-day span.

Okay .. I"m going to say it ... Putin is 'extra-interested' with sex at the Olympics.
He's made anti-homosexual statements. And he is passing out 100,000 condoms to the Olympians.
But he couldn't find the $$ or time to make sure the hotels were actually built.

It's strange - IMHO.

The olympians can bring their own birth control.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Okay .. I"m going to say it ... Putin is 'extra-interested' with sex at the Olympics.
He's made anti-homosexual statements. And he is passing out 100,000 condoms to the Olympians.
But he couldn't find the $$ or time to make sure the hotels were actually built.

It's strange - IMHO.

contraception.about.com...

So, keeping in step with past Olympic Games, Vancouver organizers have provided a stock of 100,000 condoms to all those residing at the Games' two village.

It's an IOC thing, not a Russian corruption or Putin sex issue, I assume.

edit on 5-2-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

wow!...so...passing out condoms is your big concern?....you're too much, flyer.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

jimmyx
wow!...so...passing out condoms is your big concern?....you're too much, flyer.

wow!...so you like to put up strawmen, you're too much, jimmy

We are having a discussion on the Sochi Olympics.
Just because we are discussing it doesn't mean it's a 'big concern'.
So knock it off.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Okay .. that says Vancouver Organizers put out the condoms and the IOC ran an 'information campaign'
about HIV, etc etc. That's hysterical. This isn't 1970. Everyone knows about HIV and about condoms.

But hey ... Vancouver managed to pass out the condoms (which was silly) AND have the hotels and
venues ready for the games. Russia ... nope.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join