It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer framing bystander caught on cam.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
i saw this today... it's not violent or gory, but it's just as disgraceful as the many other abuses of police power that i've seen..

www.liveleak.com...

sorry i don't think i can embed it on here, but it's worth watching. uk policing at it's finest /sarcasm.

CX

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
That was taken at one of the fracking demos over here.....you can see now why the police are rapidly losing respect here.

Ok we don't know the full story, but it's funny how suddenly the alleged alcohol only becomes a problem when they see fit. If they knew he was drinking and arrived in a car, why didn't they arrest him earlier?

When it's your word against a cops, and they blatantly lie, it's such a shame that the law sides with the cop.

I hope he got breath tested back at the station, proved to be clear of alcohol and then sues the police....all whilst the cop is being disciplined for abuse of power.

I say all this as an ex-copper myself......it is so sad to see what some officers resort to.

CX.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

one of my best friends is going out with a copper, who tells her that he can't stand the corruption in his force... i've seen it plenty of times myself so i believe it.

i know there are good ones out there, but they are really being over-run by the corrupt ones... what's the answer though?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Aaaah that's weak sauce,where is the nite stick to the head,a body slam a 6 min tazer charge to the nutz,a choke hold or sumpin,or at-least yelling obscenities at the soon to be arrested..Brit cops need to come to the U.S and train with our finest we do abuse right..

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Doesn't make what our police are doing right though. They are so arrogant they even pick on Government Ministers here.

Was a time when the Police were admired and respected and one wouldn't dream of not cooperating or helping them willingly. Now its about promotion and for an ever increasing number its getting their rocks off whever they can demonstrate their power over the public. This is only one case of more and more and I hope the guy gets to sue that first officer who accused him wrongfully.

Our police know they can ruin someones life and prospects today, which is a power that should never have been given to them. Currengtly the Judges won'[t hear a word against them, but more and more proof is coming out and eventually some judges will turn on them. What gets me though is that they don't realise they are only the lackies of the elite and wouldn't even get the crumbs from their tables.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Any officer who looks the other way is not a good one

He is just as bad as those that he ignores

Why doesn't he do something?

Because he is a bad cop

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Notice that the two arresting officers make no attempt to corroborate the inspectors assertion they he can smell alcohol on the man being "detained", just follow his orders like good little drones and make the arrest.
This is a BIG problem these days, when the police are wrong, and know they are wrong, they can still mess you up by arresting you on something they know will not stick, just so they can screw you around for a while. And despite assurances to the contrary, an arrest will be kept on record even if no charges are brought and the matter is dropped.

That idiot in the red epaulettes should be bounced from the police so quick it makes his head spin. Well, he would if there were any real justice and oversight any more. These days, a judge will just say he was following procedure and take his word that he smelled alcohol and that the arrested man was seen driving. After all, even if proven untrue, they can just say that in the situation, there was confusion, and no harm done.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

They don't even know if he has a car and they let him get this all on video, my question is where is there keeper, I mean they don't let these cops walk around on there own do they ?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
He was walking then arrested for suspicion of driving, lmao
Do they hire retards for LEOS on the other side of the pond as well?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It just annoys me how the police jump to the defense of corporate interests over the interests of the common man. Thinking of all their little tactics to get a protester knicked, while aiding corporations in their unpopular fracking bids. These coppers should all be made to have their back gardens fracking test sites.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here's the video OP,

I can see the MO the police use here, it's a disgrace.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
thanks smurfy... and everyone else.. i'm beginning to despair.. it used to be that the police acted illegally against the more subversive members of society (criminals and ravers for example), but i'm seeing more and more examples of police brutality or abuses of power by the day... was it always this bad but we didn't have the capability to film it and make it available for the world to see? or has it got this bad? i can't answer that, but i do know that if the public doesn't unite properly over injustices, it can only get worse

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

woodwardjnr
It just annoys me how the police jump to the defense of corporate interests over the interests of the common man. Thinking of all their little tactics to get a protester knicked, while aiding corporations in their unpopular fracking bids. These coppers should all be made to have their back gardens fracking test sites.

Good point, and for those across the pond, fracking is being fully supported by this Conservative government, so not much in the way of conservation then. The main opposition, the Labour party's position is not entirely clear, but there is no doubt that there are those who are opposed outright, while others who insist on a controlled point plan plan.

An update if not done already, that the man in question, who is a doctor, was charged with not providing a sample, but it has been dropped and the incident is being investigated as to the GMP police conduct.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

So it has not gone unnoticed, that's good news with the caveat, the camera made the difference I'm sure.
edit on 5-2-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
that's great news smurfy, thanks for the link

top topics

join