It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pays kids delinquent school lunch bills...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wonder where the money from oil execs, bankers and big corporation officers is when things like this happen. Oh that's right, they are to self centered to help. It almost always is just some average person trying to help out a situation.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
How lovely. What a nice man.

Just to say I worked as an assistant in an infant school once and I was shocked by the amount of children that didn't have packed lunches or a school meal at lunch time. As for the teachers ... well I was disgusted. They couldn't have cared less. I am not suggesting all teachers are like that, but in this school it was pretty evident there was a have and have not attitude.
A week after I left so did the new Headmistress. This was in a very affluent tory ward, where poor kids weren't welcome and were the butt of every ones jokes. Nasty, very nasty ... hx

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Anybody want to wager how long it takes before the government comes after him?

Three years. If not sooner. I'm not joking. He gave me the creeps. I think he's a felon.

Cops or ex cons weigh in on this guy? It's not the shaved head, it's not the beard, it's the mannerisms.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Lol.... So what even if he was a felon? Does that really make a difference?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What a Wonderful World.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I love this story! Good for him.

It's so easy for some to callously say, "Well they should have paid up" or to even have disdain for those souls who may need public assistance ...until you know them personally or interact with them day to day.

I hope we see more selfless acts like this. I think we will. There is something happening.

Here in ATL, the BEST thing about our recent weather/traffic nightmare is the sheer numbers of people who helped random strangers in huge, life altering ways.

I hope everyone keeps paying it forward.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Domo1

Three years. If not sooner. I'm not joking. He gave me the creeps. I think he's a felon.

Cops or ex cons weigh in on this guy? It's not the shaved head, it's not the beard, it's the mannerisms.

So ex cons can't do the right thing, as if to amend his wrongdoings?
And more importantly, why the FRACK does it matter if he's a felon or not, he did a hell of a lot more then you EVER WILL TO HELP MANKIND.
But of course, you will 'claim' you help out and stuff, but guess what? I wouldn't believe a word you said
'Actions speak louder then words'

Go back to computer quarterbacking from mummy's basement

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

Why the hell do I pay school taxes for if they can't even feed the damn rugrats with that money?

I want my money back!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Nice gesture....hope those parents that are spending money on other things feel the sting of embarrassment...feel bad for the little kids who can get fed because of either the family going through tough times or the parents are simply dirt bags..

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Wow did you even read the thread or article? It says he's been a mentor and tutor for 10 years. Highly doubt he's a felon but if he is so what?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My knowledge of giving freely is that you get back tenfold. The Universe/God has a way of making sure you get something back in return. It may come 10 years down the road when you need it most, but it will come back. I also find that when the "public" discovers who did the good deed, it spurs them into action. Everyone wants to be the good guy. Some people just lack the imagination to come up with the idea. There is always need. And, there will always be those who have less than you. If you have money to spare(and even if you don't), give! If it's time, give. If it's personal possessions, give. It's really that easy. Plus, helping others is the best way to help yourself feel really good. Just give, people!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Its not bad thing to come out with a message that something is seriously wrong in the system. Firstly im sure US can afford free school lunches to all of the kids if they would reduce and stop wasting money on military programs. Maybe embed free lunches to taxes as that way it would be quite minimal procentually.
These kids are your future, if you teach them inequality by the actions of states and goverment starting with school lunches.. you make them believe that they are second class citizens and act like that... then the future is not bright.

All kids should be treated equal in schools. I hope this guy actually wakes people up and show that something could be done.
Its not like " how nice.. " small talk like the news let us see and continues to next subject.. people needs to stop and think. i hate media when they belittle news like this instead try harder to send a real message.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

benrl
I would announce it, not to brag.

I would do it to shame

I'm not saying he's wrong for announcing it.

It's just something I feel rather strongly about FOR MYSELF...you know?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Out of everything we do in this country we cant feed our kids at school?

Something fishy is going on with our tax dollars.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Domo1

Soooo.....

Maybe he doesn't come from the same side of the tracks as you....

And you question his potential for being a thug? Even in the face of doing something so generous and selfless?

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

onequestion

Out of everything we do in this country we cant feed our kids at school?

Something fishy is going on with our tax dollars.

- We can't feed our kids
- We can't educate our kids
- We can't take care of our Veterans
- We can't begin to TOUCH the homeless problem
- We can't figure out a way to offer a better universal healthcare system without screwing people over during the growth process
- We can't manage to keep jobs in our country, because our country makes it more fiscally appealing to incorporate elsewhere, and outsource the jobs to elsewhere, too
- We are rapidly loosing rights we grew up with and have come to expect and depend on
- We won't be able to expect anything left out of Social Security
- We may not even be able to depend on the availability of our 401K's let alone other savings funds
- We can't depend on the value of the dollar

Let's face it. You and I know I could go on, and on, and on, and on.

The list just grows.

This is what goes through my head whenever I see someone thumping their chest about how proud they are to be an American. I am not "unproud" to be an American. Rather, I see a huge VOID in what being an American means.

I see potential. Unexploited, unexplored potential for what it COULD mean to be an American.

And frankly, the lie we accept day in, day out...especially now as we go into the Olympics....sickens me.

WE HAVE THE CAPACITY TO BE SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

dollukka
Its not bad thing to come out with a message that something is seriously wrong in the system. Firstly im sure US can afford free school lunches to all of the kids if they would reduce and stop wasting money on military programs. Maybe embed free lunches to taxes as that way it would be quite minimal procentually.
These kids are your future, if you teach them inequality by the actions of states and goverment starting with school lunches.. you make them believe that they are second class citizens and act like that... then the future is not bright.

All kids should be treated equal in schools. I hope this guy actually wakes people up and show that something could be done.
Its not like " how nice.. " small talk like the news let us see and continues to next subject.. people needs to stop and think. i hate media when they belittle news like this instead try harder to send a real message.

IN BOLD in my original post, I stated that I did not feel he was doing any of this for prestige or notoriety.

What I said was, personally, if I do a good thing for someone, I do it for the sake of doing the act alone. Not for the accolades or the public woohoo of having been a decent person and having done the right thing.

I worked with a Buddhist once. He was an amazing man. The American Red Cross came to our work and presented him with a plaque for his exemplary monthly donations, and wanted to honor him. He accepted it graciously.

Afterwards, when I saw him, he looked angry. I asked him why. He said "I, as a Buddhist, do not do good things for status. I do them because they are good, and because they help people in need. I explained to them previously I did not want anything like this. And I've just now told them that if they ever present me with a public acknowledgement of my deeds again, I'll stop donating to their cause."

This struck me so hard, it just makes sense.

In my mind, I cannot help but agree. You do something for the good. You don't do something for "getting things back ten fold in the universe" or for being known as a "really great person". You do something for the good. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

smcneil01
My knowledge of giving freely is that you get back tenfold. The Universe/God has a way of making sure you get something back in return. It may come 10 years down the road when you need it most, but it will come back. I also find that when the "public" discovers who did the good deed, it spurs them into action. Everyone wants to be the good guy. Some people just lack the imagination to come up with the idea. There is always need. And, there will always be those who have less than you. If you have money to spare(and even if you don't), give! If it's time, give. If it's personal possessions, give. It's really that easy. Plus, helping others is the best way to help yourself feel really good. Just give, people!

Well, we do things for different reasons. I am NOT saying you are wrong for your reasons.

What I am saying is, I do what I do without any expectation of seeing anything come from it other than hopefully bettering another persons life.

That in and of itself is all I care about.

Not what may or may not come back to me, two fold, ten fold, or one hundred fold. If it does, wonderful.

But,IMHO, that is NOT the reason to do a good dead. You do it out of selflessness and a replete heart.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That was so eloquently stated 👍 I would have done the same thing and requested the media be involved as well.

See, this actually did happen to my daughter who at the time was in kindergarten (5) enrolled at a school now gone, named Noyes, in Altadena, California. My daughter is now in college. She came home so totally embarrassed that, i will never forget it 😢. She went to the counter with her tray and the cashier took her tray away from her and told her that she could not eat today because her parents didn't pay her bill. We owed $5 and didn't know it. Usually, she had a $10 credit.

When my daughter came home that day, I was outraged beyond belief after she explained what occurred. I so wanted to go to that school the next day, snatch that lady from behind that counter and beat her "you know what"! Instead (trust me this was hard)(it's illegal to deprive a child a meal in a public school in Pasadena Unified "for any reason"),I called the district and told them what happened, the principal called me in, we had a meeting where the principal defended the cashier...I called the school district back and complained again, this time with new info and demanded another meeting...this time with the superintendent. This took weeks to get as I had to go through certain channels first.

Anyway, the cashier was fired. It's never a good thing to see another human being unemployed. But dammit, if you're that dam retarded and ignorant to the rules of the school district and how about, just morally, especially involving a child, then get the hell out of here pretending to serve our children. What a waste of space, I thought f this woman. Go work in a prison or something where people deserve some sort of payback "so to speak"!

I think what this gentleman did is one of the most sincere acts of humanity.
I think I will go pay some public school lunch bills in the next week myself.

Great Post 👍

ETA
I would announce it!!! My hope would be that because I made so much noise, maybe others would pay attention, think about the deed and care to act and do the same.
edit on 2/5/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Duplicate post...sorry
edit on 2/5/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join