It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing Fans: Rumor of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Happening in September

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Okay, here we are again.....are they or are they not going to box?

The big match that many have been waiting to see

Well here's the latest news:
Feb. 4, 2014

So is the fight that nearly all boxing fans have been clamoring for finally going to happen? Maybe.

The latest rumors indicate that Mayweather vs. Pacquiao could happen as soon as September. In the meantime, Pacquiao is scheduled to face Timothy Bradley on April 12th, while Mayweather is still trying to find an opponent for a May 3rd fight in Las Vegas.
Barring a loss by either boxer in their next fight, it seems that their paths will finally have to cross about seven months from now. That’s of course if they can work out the money, which has always been one of the main reasons we haven’t seen them fight.

Read more at www.rantsports.com...

IF...if it happens, it could be a $200 million mega-fight, possibly in Vegas at the MGM

Time will tell if Mayweather will go through with the fight or come up with an excuse not to fight Pacquiao

So what do you think

Will the fight ever happen?
Who would you pick to win?

MW is fast, but has an attitude
Pacquiao is good and I like him personally better, but not sure if he has what it takes to beat MW

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao is Definitely a DONE DEAL, All the Media Hype and Trash Talk Part of the Promotion

The source revealed that the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight will be held at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas on Sept 13, 2014. The Daily Mail reported that the said source, who is a close ally of Mayweather's Money Team, is the very same YouTube source who revealed that Mayweather will face Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez long before the official announcements were made.

The $200m mega-fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao could finally be on in Vegas

Guess we will have to wait and see the closer it gets to Sept.
A lot can happen between then and now
And we know how these 'rumors' go surrounding these 2 fighters

edit on 5-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hoax this wont happen ever

Seriusly mayweather just dont want to fight the guy

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Why does it take SO DAMNED LONG to arrange a fight these days.

Same with movie advertisements, they show you some awesome preview trailer and then at the end say "coming in 6 months"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaarugh whhhhhhhhhhhhhy

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Hoax this wont happen ever

Seriusly mayweather just dont want to fight the guy

That's what we are thinking
I told my husband not to hold his breath, don't want him to pass out. LOL

I doubt Pacquiao will fight to much longer-- a couple more years maybe-- what with his political career in the Philippines

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Mannys well past his best mayweather will beat him senseless..shame i like manny id rather him win than an egotistical prick

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Didnt Mayweather just lose 10 mil on a superbowl bet? Probably has money problems..

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'd be surprised if it ever does happen. If it does the only chance Pacquiao has is if he's somehow able to coaxe mayweather into a fight. If he lets mayweather box and set the tone pacquiao has no chance. Pacquiaos gonna have to hit him with something fierce and get in his head to equalize mayweathers impeccable technique by turning it into a rumble. Just my 2c

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this will never happen. I'm pretty sure Mayweather will fight Maidano next.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It'll never happen. Mayweather has too many excuses, oops, I mean he wants too many concessions to fight Pacman.

Just off hand he wants the bulk of the fight money, and wants a blood draw right before the fight.

The sad thing is Mayweather has had a great career inside the ring, and could beat Pacuiao. I personally doubt it, but his ability speaks for himself. That much said if he never fights Manny - then he'll forever tarnish his record as being the one champion who wouldn't take the challenge of fighting another.

I want it to happen, because frankly I wanna see Pacuiao wipe the ring with Mayweather, but I just don't see it happening. Especially since Pacuiao "lost" the Bradley fight. You know Mayweather used that as another excuse to not fight him. "See, he couldn't even beat Bradley..."

>.>
edit on 5-2-2014 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Besides the money if the money is there Mayweather does not have a reason to fight manny. Manny's lost to much. not saying that Floyd wouldnt meet his match in manny but Manny has already lost .

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
5 years ago this woulda been a good fight, not so much in 2014.
Mayweather doesnt want the fight, he was scared of the guy.
This will never happen which is a shame as it would have been one of the greatest fights ever.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by robbeh

Mannys well past his best mayweather will beat him senseless..shame i like manny id rather him win than an egotistical prick

My sentiments exactly

Can't stand FM personally
If this fight had taken place 2 years ago when it was first talked about, I believe MP would have gave FM a run for his money
But now, I'm afraid FM would win

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am hopeful that this fight will take place sometime in the not so distant future. I believe both fighters want the fight to happen. Of course anytime this fight is brought up it brings out the worst in boxing fans from both sides.

I've been a Mayweather since he came on the scene. He is the current definition of the sweet science. Hit and not get hit. That's the absolute best way to approach this sport. His speed, defense, and ring intelligence makes him one of the greatest fighters, pound for pound, of the last 15 years.

I've also been a Pacquiao fan for many years. I remember watching him as a very raw fighter bouncing around the ring with blonde highlights in his hair. He was destroying everyone he faced with pure speed and power.

As far as why this fight hasn't happened yet, well, every fight fan has an opinion. Some are just ridiculous, like the one that Floyd is afraid or scared of Manny. These people forget that in late 2009 to early 2010, Golden Boy Promotions sent a contract on behalf of Mayweather to Bob Arum, Manny's promoter for the fight.

The money was a 50/50 split. The only hang ups seemed to be about random blood test. They bickered back and forth about how many days before the fight that blood could be taken and I guess each side got tired of the other and the fight didn't happen.

You see, I can't believe for a second that either one of these men, world champions, would be scared of the other for one split second. You don't achieve the level of success these two have by being afraid of your opponent.

I believe the real reason this fight hasn't happened is pride. Floyd refuses to do business with Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum. Arum promoted Floyd before and they had an ugly divorce. Floyd is doing just fine without Manny and doesn't need him to rake in his millions. I think he made more money than any other athlete the last couple years. If he doesn't want to deal with Arum then he really doesn't need to.

Manny doesn't feel like he should have to cave into Floyd's demands either, and nor should he. He's a world champion and all time great himself. He seems to be very loyal to Arum and although their contract expires this year I really don't see them breaking up.

Anyways... if the fight does happen Floyd wins by decision. Probably not a very close fight on the score cards but there would be enough action for it to be exciting. If Manny does catch Floyd and hurts him a few times or even stops him then there would definitely be a call for a part II. That's a lot of money for these guys to pass up. That's why sometimes I think everyone involved can come to some kind of agreement.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
A little late now, but the fight would still be a huge PPV event anyway.

Me though, I would rather pay for a good UFC card where I can actually see a fight.

That would be much better than getting robbed by watching Floyd Mayweather dance around and run away all night. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

join