It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear that a former Soviet republic inserted malicious code in Obamacare site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
More exciting news concerning Obamacare

U.S. intelligence is urging the Obama administration to check its new health care computer network for malicious software after learning that developers linked to the Belarusian government helped produce the website, raising fresh concerns that private data posted by millions of Americans could be compromised.

The intelligence agencies notified the Department of Health and Human Services, the agency in charge of the HealthCare.gov network, about their concerns last week. Specifically, officials warned that programmers in Belarus, a former Soviet republic closely allied with Russia, were suspected of inserting malicious code that could be used for cyberattacks, said U.S. officials familiar with concerns.

The software on the website links the millions of Americans who signed up for Obamacare to the government and more than 300 medical institutions and health care providers.

Linky

There was a Internet data “hijacking” incident last year involving Belarusian state-controlled networks where the month-long diversion covertly rerouted massive amounts of U.S. Internet traffic to Belarus — a repressive dictatorship country bordering Russia, Poland and Ukraine.

Also to note is that the Belarusian President Lukashenko’s authoritarian regime is closely allied with Russia and is adversarial toward the United States

The combination of the Belarus-origin software, the Internet rerouting and the anti-U.S. posture of the Belarusian government “makes the software written in Belarus a potential target of cyberattacks for identity theft and privacy violations of Americans", an official said.

Of course, Obama will down play this as usual, saying it's much ado about nothing
While the government requires companies to report security threats, Obama and his goons will deny, deny, deny

Well look on the bright side---Obama can now add the Russians & Belarusians for the Obamacare failure as well as Bush and Fox news!!!!
Boy, you just can't make this stuff up

What's next with the AHA????
They really need to scrap it and start over

edit on 5-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Good, I hope this is true.
See how they feel when the shoe is on the other foot.
Whats the saying ''Do as i say, Not as i do'' :p
You watch, I wouldnt be suprised if the US invade over this or start anti-gov protests in Belarus.
Watching from the side lines, Obamacare is royally messed up anyway - Now there is a conspiracy!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

wtf would the belrusian gov be helping make the website?

This is so weird to me...like if I was going to make a website I woudlnt be like "uhm uhm Johnson....see if those belarusian boys can throw together the most important website of the year for us...."
edit on 5-2-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

From what I've read, it was a friend of Michelle's that they gave the responsibility to build the website, so sounds like they might have outsourced it to someone else
*shakes head*

Regardless, the whole thing is a joke!!!
And Obamacare should be trashed

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
O'Care is already malicious enough, how on earth could the Russians possibly make it any worse then it already is?

edit on 7-2-2014 by SoldierCarryingHashbrowns because: (no reason given)

join