It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything new on The Octopus?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have used the search feature and read all there is on ATS about this case and was wondering if any new information is out there in the last few years about the octopus?

For those who haven't heard of this case. It involves a software maker who developed a program for the U.S. Justice department to handle case information called Promis. Everything went well for the first year of a three year contract but after that the Justice department began witholding payments to Inslaw eventually driving them into bankruptcy. During that time pirate copies of the promis software began showing up in foreign countries.

A reporter began investigating and found the CIA was creating versions of the promis software with backdoors programed in. As he continued down the rabbit hole the more he kept finding connections to several world events so he named the group the octopus because they seemed to have their hands in everything.. He began receiving death threats from unknown persons and warning from his sources telling him he was too close. When he he close to finishing he was found dead in his hotel room with all his papers missing and ruled suicide.

This case is what first opened my mind to fact things are not as they appear.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Some things are better to be left alone. I think this was a matter of national security. Watch where you go with this as im sure its being monitored by some shady folks. Going to check back in later to see what everyone else knows.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jholt5638

Can you provide any source links for more info?

To say this one is curious would be quite an understatement.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Made me think of this -

m.cnet.com...
edit on 5-2-2014 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

When I first heard of Snowden at the start of his release a few months back Promis was one of the earlier topics. I have not heard of any legal cases involving Promis and some of it's spin offs, but sounds like suicide for anyone to try.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I came across the following while doing some other research. I don't know much about Casolaro's The Octopus/PROMIS scandal, and I'm not sure how much I want to. But I do find it impressive that Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green has seemingly established the death to be homicide rather than suicide, and as such, if true, firmly in the realm of conspiracy fact.

There have been a number of "assisted suicides" in which the wrists were slashed, but with little blood in evidence. Which means the heart was no longer beating when the wrists were slashed.

Aside from Dr. David Kelly, one of the most famous cases (in America) was the death of investigative reporter Danny Casolaro, who was investigating the "Octopus" or "The Enterprise" -- the privatized CIA that consists of "rogue elements", CIA agents who have lost their jobs for various reasons, former Special Forces or SEALs, and a variety of private mercenary organizations including one belonging to Halliburton.

Danny Casolaro drove from Washington, DC, to West Virginia to meet members of "The Enterprise", checked into a hotel room, and was later found dead in the bath tub, wrists slashed.

Enter the Spy Doc: Christopher Canfield Green:

I've discussed his death and autopsy with Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green, who at the time was the chief forensic pathologist at the CIA. Green participated in the Casolaro autopsy, and closely examined his hotel room. Green told me that the room showed obvious signs of a violent struggle, and that there was negligible blood in the bath tub or around the tub. Therefore, Casolaro was already dead when he was placed naked in the tub and his wrists slashed.

This Green told me was precisely the case with Dr. Kelly. So, in both instances, they were clearly murdered. As to who did it, there are so many possibilities that it could be more sensible to ask who ordered it. As Kelly was a particular irritant and embarrassment to Downing Street, and to the Defense Ministry, it seems likely that his murder was not carried out by some "rogue element" but was sanctioned explicitly or implicitly at the highest level.

Why his murder was deemed necessary when Dr. Kelly had already had his career and reputation destroyed, and had been subjected to extreme public humiliation, suggests that the decision to kill him was pathological. Given the behavior of Bush and of Blair the last several years, one cannot entirely rule out insanity.

educationforum.ipbhost.com...

I'm not sure what to make of it and it's not exactly "new" but it was new to me when I found it.

edit on 5-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Don't shoot the messenger…

Dr. Casolaro said he was very skeptical that his brother committed suicide for several reasons, including the facts that his brother had recently received numerous death threats and that none of his notes on the case were found with his body.

Friends of the journalist said he was looking into a connection between the Inslaw matter and the Bank of Credit and Commerce International, a loosely regulated international banking concern that Federal regulators say is at the center of a worldwide banking fraud. U.S. Inquiry Is Suggested

www.nytimes.com...

"I could tell you what you want to know, but I must worry about my wife and family - they could be killed."
-- a former top B.C.C.I. officer

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Two decades ago, the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) was a highly respected financial titan. In 1987, when its subsidiary helped finance a deal involving Texas oilman George W. Bush, the bank appeared to be a reputable institution, with attractive branch offices, a traveler's check business, and a solid reputation for financing international trade. It had high-powered allies in Washington and boasted relationships with respected figures around the world.
All that changed in early 1988, when John Kerry, then a young senator from Massachusetts, decided to probe the finances of Latin American drug cartels. Over the next three years, Kerry fought against intense opposition from vested interests at home and abroad, from senior members of his own party; and from the Reagan and Bush administrations, none of whom were eager to see him succeed.

www.washingtonmonthly.com...

The BCCI-Bush connection is, it could be argued an ‘accidental’ one, but it’s highly unlikely even if it is difficult to track, But the seeds are all there, including GW Snr’s CIA connection (as head of it) in the 1970s and the links to BCCI (see below) as well as his long time association with James R. Bath an investor in Arbusto. Bath, was a Houston businessman and old friend was also an investor in BCCI. Essentially, BCCI was a convenient ‘channel’ for moving money through to fund the various illegal enterprises being undertaken at the time including, Iran-Contra, the Iranian arms sales, CIA money laundering operations, connections to powerful Middle Eastern businessmen, the Vatican and its right-wing connections through BNL.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...
edit on 5-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

boncho
Don't shoot the messenger…

Not at all, I'm pretty sure we are on the same page.

Mentioning Bush and BCCI. have you read this:

Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America by investigative journalist Russ Baker?

For anyone who hasn't, I highly recommend it. It's more wide-ranging than the title might suggest. All them Bush folk be gettin' around...and over.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I was speaking to those lurking in the shadows…

This article, while it is pushing for Kerry during election times, would be interesting to anyone new to the story as well.

www.alternet.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I went to that link you posted and the website tried to get personally identifying data from me. Scary stuff, GUT!!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Up front or backdoor? Seems okay to me. Maybe someone smelled you coming? I generally do ol' friend.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks I hadn't heard any of that before either. Glad to read that someone finally has started telling the truth about what happened in that hotel room.

I'm really not digging into this as seems those who do end up dead. I would like to see some closure for his family though. This being the case that started my search for the truth and showed me what those in power are willing to do to keep their secrets.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Unraveling the Octopus would more than likely unravel every major conspiracy and major historical event since at least the rise of the Nazis and going up to the destruction of the WTC.

It's deep deep doo-doo, and I don't believe even for one second that Casolaro committed suicide. All roads lead to Michael Riconosciuto, and it's worth doing a bit of research on the guy, if only to see the names surrounding him and the various hugely nefarious deeds done by these very nasty people.

There was a woman on ATS a few years back whose father was murdered in a triple homicide, I believe on the Cabazon reservation. She was actively doing research and being shadowed by both positive and negative forces here on ATS. The thread should be in the search engine under Octopus I think, although I found it looking up info on Michael Riconosciuto. It's a dark yet very worthy read. Extremely murky territory!

My suspicion is that anyone who uncovers anything of real note would be wise to work out the best way to disseminate said information, as it would be far too easy to be found, and to do a Jimmy Hoffa or a JFK.
edit on 5-2-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

Some things are better to be left alone. I think this was a matter of national security. Watch where you go with this as im sure its being monitored by some shady folks. Going to check back in later to see what everyone else knows.

Here is what I know.

Give me a frigging break. I can't believe you people set around here and think that your so important that the----Powers To Be---give a flying flip what goes on here.

As the resident government shill I can assure you it's safe for nap time-the boogie man is no longer under the bed.

It's absolute insanity to think that the government is worried about people who can't even get to the FIRST LEVEL of the NSDB -National Security Data Base-there are 9 levels for Christ sake.

Maybe the government is monitoring the Survival section so they can get all those secret plans discussed at ATS about what to do when the Zombies and the walking dead take over the Earth.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

spooky24
reply to post by ed1320

Here is what I know.

Give me a frigging break. I can't believe you people set around here and think that your so important that the----Powers To Be---give a flying flip what goes on here.

As the resident government shill I can assure you it's safe for nap time-the boogie man is no longer under the bed.

It's absolute insanity to think that the government is worried about people who can't even get to the FIRST LEVEL of the NSDB -National Security Data Base-there are 9 levels for Christ sake.

Maybe the government is monitoring the Survival section so they can get all those secret plans discussed at ATS about what to do when the Zombies and the walking dead take over the Earth.

well then you show us the end of the octopus rabbit hole oh wise one! Lets see if you have the guts or even the brains.

that guy dead in the motel room may have been deeper but we are all looking in the same hole . How about you go ahead and go down that hole and we will follow you and see if you make it as far as he did.

-Alien

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Ill dig into it lol...# it....im not sure where to start!

My experience with the government is that they are highly incompetent....but a rogue group could be pretty proficient.....id totally investigate it...but only if I get the triple dog dare....and im being serious.
edit on 5-2-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

spooky24
reply to post by ed1320

Here is what I know.

I'd like to add this to what you said:

"Paranoia will destroy ya"

It's true, the human mind is pretty amazing. If you let your imagination and fear run your life, every white van will be "the man" and every time your phone malfunctions the "man" is listening in.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer

Ill dig into it lol...# it....im not sure where to start!

My experience with the government is that they are highly incompetent....but a rogue group could be pretty proficient.....id totally investigate it...but only if I get the triple dog dare....and im being serious.
edit on 5-2-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

I triple dog dare you. I would if I could but I'm posting from my phone I don't have a laptop at the moment

-Alien

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I am absolutely serious and that I would attempt to investigate it....I just really dont know where to start. When I was in the army I remember and ex green beret who was attached to our unit talk about black units within black units and groups within groups. To me it sounded cool at the time, but I always wondered where they got their funding. So now I see all the BCCI hoopla and think ok that makes sense. I recently read a book by greg valdez who talks about dulce and the underground base etc...i dont want to ruin anything in the book but one of his conclusions is that there is a strong government presence in what was going on...and later talks about a sort of private group starting up that could be government backed or ran...it truly does make sense to have these rogue groups, as I would have them myself. It makes it easier to bypass bull# laws and orders etc.

I totally believe this kind of stuff exists, but are they for the betterment of humanity or worse? I dont mind secrets left being secrets, but I also hate how destructive we are openly towards humanity...who knows what these guys are up to with no oversight. I don't trust anyone and digging for any kind of truth sounds wonderful to me....

I don't fear death so im not too worried about forced suicide haha...and If I was killed it would all the more help lead us toward the truth. It is something ive never really dug into but im reading everyones links and since I am retired now I could devote quite some time to it. If they kill me oh well...my posts and topics were never all that good anyway, and they certainly better bring their A game because I have no intentions of just letting it happen. Come on lets stir the pot!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Ok so I did a bit of research on all this....PROMIS sounds like a water downed version of what Snowden has recently leaked...man if they were killing people over Promis they must really be ticked over snowden hahahah.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join