It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are YOU doing to help the country's current state?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Okay so I don't start threads all too often, but there's something on my mind that has been bugging me lately.
So the majority of the people here are tired of the current state our country is in. Tired of the politicians and the people not having our voices heard. Well the reason our voices aren't heard anymore is because very few people are standing up. We have the right to protest so why aren't y'all doing this. There's peaceful ways to make your voice heard. Do NOT be afraid you'll get arrested because we are legally obligated to make our voices heard. There are 1000s of people on this site, but instead of getting out and trying to make a difference most of you just get on here and b***h. There are some reputable people here that could help make a difference but you'd rather just sit back and let things happen. If you're tired of things do something about it. MAKE your voice heard. STAND up for what YOU believe in.
I am not trying to offend anyone or insinuating absolutely no one does anything to make a difference. I want to create a spark in you that will spread to other people and so on and so forth. Now I'm not saying go out there and burn s**t down. Peacefully make a difference. So I will end this with one simple question: What are YOU doing to help the country's current state?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
leaving

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

HA well of the fight or flee aspect you choose flee. I'm glad you can do that, but I'd rather stay and try to fix what I can. 20 years from now when I look back I'd like to say I tried rather than I ran away.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

Considering I was in the infantry for several years and a cop for for several more....the only option id have to change the government would violent....since ive left violence behind....ill just go to a nice warm island....

I was considering moving off grid...i still am actually but I think becoming an expat is better....ive already done it once and loved it. I should have never returned home. I am retired now and my money would go much further somewhere else. This place is f'ed man. Any real idea I would have has already been suggested. The American people could come together..but they wont...even if they did....its a sinking ship...it has to sink to be recovered, even with the right people in place. Ive spent my entire adult life protecting people to only be # on in return. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Protesting isn't working anymore. The media decides what is heard and how they want to swing the story. If they don't like your message they either don't talk about it or they ridicule it. If you want to make a change then you have to start with the media.

In my opinion collapse of the US dollar is inevitable and I don't know how to change that so I'm getting ready.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That's a good story and I've been in the army for a year now. I'm a chemical soldier. But in my opinion people we can still fix things. And all it takes is enough people to stand up to start making s difference.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Back before TV people used to stand on the side of the street and share the news and their views. I can't believe how many people have lost hope. You're letting them win. I'm so sad for the ones who have lost hope.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I'm actually glad that you brought this up. I was going to, but didn't know how to present it.

First off, I think there are many people doing many things.

There may even be many people on this site that are doing a variety of things to prepare, to protest, to assist in volunteer campaigns for third party candidates.

But there are also persons probably on this site that monitor such talk, such activity. In the 60's, the FBI infiltrated the Black Panther Movement, and since then has infiltrated militias, political movements, and other potentially criminal groups in hopes of hearing about activity that might be illegal.

So the people actually DOING something about what is happening to our country probably won't come forward on a public conspiracy site to talk about it.

Anyway. . . . my 2 cents on the subject.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Wanderer777

That's a good story and I've been in the army for a year now. I'm a chemical soldier. But in my opinion people we can still fix things. And all it takes is enough people to stand up to start making s difference.

I appreciate your service brother...any soldier is always welcome in my home if they need assistance..past and present and regardless of their opinion on any matter.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I stopped the annual financing of my crooked Government many many years ago. I still get stuck with sales tax though but I figure that's okay because I do not mind paying for services. Of course always owning my own businesses has made this easier than it ever could be for a wage slave.

There is a way to do this for yourselves but I simply can't talk about the process with strangers on an open forum.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wanderer777

Back before TV people used to stand on the side of the street and share the news and their views. I can't believe how many people have lost hope. You're letting them win. I'm so sad for the ones who have lost hope.

If there is a way to pay off all our debt and keep this country from economically collapse then I'm all ears. I haven't lost hope, I've come to terms we aren't turning this around overnight or even in ten years so I'm getting ready for the hardship ahead.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

There's ways to turn things around. Many people have great ideas, but TPTB want things to fail

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Lot of here respect you for your good heart.
Ive had my share of knocks and punches and Im aiming for a mobile home in Key West to sell my hand crafted woodworking creations on the streets of Mallary square. Fresh seafood , sunshine ,and large breast on the beach.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Well...we already have a thread on making a difference here, but Ill treat this as a new one. I am a First Responder EMT/ERT for my city, FEMA and Homeland Security.

And I publish the monthly Emergency Management Newsletter.

MS
EMT/ERT
Advanced Disaster Life Support

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by overanocean

I think simplifying life is the right choice...im looking for something very similar if I remain in the usa....I wish you the best

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What are YOU doing to help the country's current state?

I own an operate 3 businesses; hire people both full and part time, pay my taxes, and put every dime I make back into our local economy.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Maybe there is a way. You got me thinking how we the people can make a difference.
Fight fire with fire.
America is quickly becoming a corporation made up of smaller corporations and that's who we're really going against. What if there was a kickstarter created to collect money and create a lobby for the complete legalization of Marijuana and Hemp. Create oil, plastics, medicines, fabric, you name it, and make it a major export.

Think of the jobs that could be created from a plant. Dispensaries, clothing factories, alternate fuel refineries, farms, etc.

This is how Big Pharma and Big Oil get it done so why can't we do the same thing?
edit on 4-2-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: cna't splel

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
- stay out of debt
- stop feeding the beasts
- boycott the banks, bad policies, unethical corps.
- turn off the t.v.
- be loyal and stand up for the Constitution
- family values, virtues is what makes a solid society,
do not be divided.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Drinking Sake .. planning an insurgency .. drinking more sake ..

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Mamatus
I stopped the annual financing of my crooked Government many many years ago. I still get stuck with sales tax though but I figure that's okay because I do not mind paying for services. Of course always owning my own businesses has made this easier than it ever could be for a wage slave.

There is a way to do this for yourselves but I simply can't talk about the process with strangers on an open forum.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

Just to be a thorn....
.... in California (I live here to, but in the south - long long wave) only goods are subject to sales tax, not services. You only pay sales tax on the parts portion of a bill not the labor part (look at a mechanics invoice and do the math).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join