It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arthritis in young people

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
A lot of things can be triggering the autoimmune response in the body. I could name some possible things. It could be overall glutamine consumption is too high, many things have glutamines in them. A lack of enough copper in the body could also cause this or the copper may not be utilized right. Eating too many foods that chelate out the copper and zinc could also be a problem.

I would say your diet is not diverse enough. Or you are eating or drinking something you have an intolerance to. Most genetic problems express themselves when the necessary balance is off. It causes changes in gene expression. You need to locate the dietary problem yourself to slow the progression of this. It would cost a lot of money to go through all the tests necessary to identify this and the problem could be more than one deficiency or overload which can trigger multiple problems.

I test on myself to find out things, the results are only possibly usable by close relatives. Even then, gene expression can be different.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here's a tip.

Read up on gluten's effects on inflammation. Many people when they cut out gluten/wheat find their arthritis and joint pain subsides or goes away completely.

Modern wheat is not what our ancestors ate. It has been genetically altered and one of the side effects of modern wheat/gluten is inflammation. Arthritis all the way to heart disease. 100% organic whole wheat is spliced just the same and causes the same inflammation issues.

It's a conspiracy in itself how few people realize how bad modern gluten/wheat is for them. Bet you don't realize a slice of 100% organic, whole wheat bread spikes your blood sugar more than two tablespoons of pure sugar. That's the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 5-2-2014 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nextone

Only about 15 years... not to long
when I was young and it affected just one finger I expected it to dissapear.
How wrong was I.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I will look into my diet to see if I am going wrong somewhere.
I eat a "healthy" and varied diet and I am perfectly healthy in every other area, the pain I can handle its the discusting look of my knuckles that bothers me most though much less now than a few years ago.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Try a ketogenic diet. After you're turning the test strips purple for about 3-4 weeks, see if your joints are as bad.

I find if I eat sweets, I hobble around like I've got RA. If I go into ketosis for a while, nothing hurts, even the joints I busted up in the service. Grant you, it's boring and tough to get trace nutrients, but if it works for you it might be worth it.

Oddly enough, if you look at my c-reactive protein levels, they're rock bottom when I'm just into ketosis and very high when I'm munching cake. So for whatever reason, starchy carbs give me inflammatory issues.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Bedlam
Try a ketogenic diet. After you're turning the test strips purple for about 3-4 weeks, see if your joints are as bad.

I find if I eat sweets, I hobble around like I've got RA. If I go into ketosis for a while, nothing hurts, even the joints I busted up in the service. Grant you, it's boring and tough to get trace nutrients, but if it works for you it might be worth it.

Oddly enough, if you look at my c-reactive protein levels, they're rock bottom when I'm just into ketosis and very high when I'm munching cake. So for whatever reason, starchy carbs give me inflammatory issues.

I noticed this also. The starch foods turn to glutamines. The glutamines stimulate the body to repair, this can lead to inflammation. Copper in the diet can help to reduce these glutamines so they do not get absorbed. Same with turmeric, it ties up the glutamines somehow in the gut so they don't cause inflammation so much.

I went to buy these strips because of my hypoglycemic spins and the pharmacist told me to eat more proteins to cure the spins. It worked great, but eating high amounts of meats also causes problems in my guts. So now I try to use some beans once a week and also eat more nuts to get the proteins.

I can tell by looking at my pee in the toilet that there is something going on, probably proteins or oils. This only works in non chlorinated water though. Bubbles and a shiny surface on the water. Also the smell, I can smell the processed asparagaines. I do need to get the strips yet, but they say they are only good for six months after opening and I doubt if I will use all fifty. I did a lot of research on this subject.

I feel lot better when I run on ketones. Starches suck...except potatoes which seem to help control my TLE. I guess I always burned ketones, I used to just eat supper for years, having a peanut butter cup, nuts and seeds, or beef sticks if I needed a boost at work. Considering I worked for twelve to fourteen hours a day doing construction, I know eating the way they say we need to eat is not true for all people. I think those nutritionists are out to get us.

edit on 5-2-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I am currently using can*****, liposomal vitamin C and borax to keep my arthritis away. Works like a champ!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Have you tried the spice Turmeric? 1 tsp a day should really help. Dr. Oz recommends it for RA, also. My mom uses it and mixes 1/2 tsp in her chicken salad, can't even taste it. It works well for her and she has it in her hands.

I gave Turmeric for my cat that had a cyst on his chin. A couple days later it went down significantly, then burst. It then disappeared. Turmeric also helps against cancer cells.

You can find turmeric at any grocery store in the spice section.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

There's plenty of carbs I can eat and still stay on the edge of ketosis, like broccoli, cabbage, squash, peppers etc. I just have to avoid bread, taterses, peas and such. I tend to cook a big stew of stuff I like.

Behold. Tomatoes, onions, two kinds of squash, mushrooms, peppers, chicken, sausage. MMM MMM good.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

That actually looks kind of good. I could live off that for four days.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It is a myth that arthritis is an old age disease. Half of people with arthritis are under the age of 50.

That being said, you may have RA. I hope your blood test is covering it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What you can't see underneath is this -

Red, green and yellow bell peppers, onions, scallions. And some nice Italian sausage balls with parmesan cheese as a binder. Then you put in some grape seed oil, salt, pepper and a clove of fresh garlic, and some organic tomato sauce.

Yep, it's about four days worth. I take it to work so I don't have to eat vending machine crap. You work night shift at an AFB as a contractor, the pickin's are slim at 0300.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah its ra the dr thinks I have but I will wait on the result.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1888

Like another poster has mentioned,gluten might be a problem.
Dairy is also a contributing factor.

Cut dairy and gluten for 6 months and report back the progress or failure for people like me who want to really know if it works....based off what i have read,it seems to work.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

heres a couple of the offenders

First 1 is my index finger on my right hand.

Second is the middle on the left.

edit on 6-2-2014 by michael1888 because: fixed photo

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I like the yellow and red bell peppers in things. Some of the green peppers eaten raw don't agree with me though, but they are good cooked like this. I have been trying to tell how to tell these green peppers apart, I guess it is the immature red and yellow peppers that cause my problems, sold as green peppers. Anyway, if they are cooked they don't irritate my mouth or throat so it doesn't matter. I just don't eat green peppers uncooked unless I suck on a piece first to see if it tangs my mouth.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1888

Am not a Doctor, but our Grandson was at first wrongly diagnosed when such pains started. All went wrong and the Hospital soon realised what he was suffering from. His feet, ankles, knees etc. hurt so much he could only crawl to the bathroom, in tears. They still do not know what or how such was caused, but stated this is the worst case they have ever seen. Hope to God that plenty of research is going on and pray that an answer / acceptable cure, is soon found for All youngsters suffering such.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I remember reading about borax being used to treat arthritis, I think it was here at ATS, I'll see if I can dig it up. Borax conspiracy or something.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Both my grandmother and my mother had knuckles like yours. I always assumed mine would look the same. About the time I turned 30 I began to suffer awful pain in my fingers and wrists. It began in summer and by winter it was almost disabling. My doctor did a whole series of tests, fully expecting to find that I had inherited the arthritis gene. He was amazed when the tests came back negative. Further tests determined that I was deficient in calcium. Later I also learned that I was dehydrated. I've learned the hard way that the best thing you can do for your overall health is to drink plenty of flesh, clean water. It allows the toxins to be carried out of the body. To what others have said about heat, I'd just add that I find a good sweat helps more than anything else when my joints are painful.
I would urge you to seek out a second opinion on your treatment should you be diagnosed. The drugs used for RA can really devastate other organs like the liver. If you can find a holistic physician or healer who will work with your diet and natural remedies, you may be able to find relief without destroying your eyesight or liver.
Like others, I have negative reactions to a busload of preservatives so I do my best to avoid them. When I do break down and have something like a big corned beef sandwich, I find that drinking lots of water and nothing else (no soda or alcohol) for 24 hours will flush the offending toxins out. Whether that will work for you, I have no idea but it has no negative side effects and costs nothing to try.
As others have pointed out, finding your "trigger" or "triggers" to the pain may be the first step to finding relief. Best of luck.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Bedlam

Do you think such a diet would help psoriasis? An anti-inflammatory diet sounds fine to me for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join