It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for experts on this site: How to treat keloid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hi guys, so, you might know about my problem, hypertrophic scar on nose. Well, I massaged it month and week ago with castor oil, which improved and worsened the scar, since there was worsening, I decided to keep the oil within boundaries, therefore massaged it with qtip one day, which was a bad idea, because it made scar more swelled up, scab turned on half of it, scar became bigger and wider.

During last month, I have been observing changes, scar has been raising up a little bit more,and widening a little bit more, I am afraid that I may have created keloid, because it went further than where damage occured.

Please help. This is urgent. I am only 23 year old
, have life ahead of me, this very well may lead to disfigurement.

Thank you.

edit on 4-2-2014 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Go see a Doctor and ask to be referred to an epidemiologist.
Good luck.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Thank you.
How would Epidemiologist help me?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

maybe they made a mistake, epidemiologists go out in the field and collect data when food poisoning breaks out. a dermatologist treats skin problems, they could look at it and might know what it is.....here we contact our primary care doc and they see us or refer us to someone in necessary field.

It's concerning that it is growing....have you gone on line and looked at pictures of skin conditions to see if yours matches anything???

the one thing I could suggest, just something in the meantime, until you can see a dr, is seabuckthorn oil (comes from a flower, the powder works less than the oil, comes in capsules you can swallow, and open one up and put directly on... When I take regularly, dcuople bumps on my face get smaller...it has lots of vitamin c , way back in the day (hiroshima, nagasaki, ) they used it to treat radaition burns.
edit on 4-2-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

Yep, probably dermatologist.

Well, it can either be hypertrophic scar or keloid scar, nothing else. However, scar behaves more like keloid scar, because it went further than where the damage was done

At first, during, 3 weeks I was certain that I was dealing with only hypertrophic scar, and thickening was only monstly within boundaries of scar. But after that scar started spreading little bit out of the boundaries, and made me little bit more concerned.
Now, it is even further, 5 weeks later, I think I may be dealing with keloid, but I hope not.

I am going to see dermatologist tommorow, hope she will say that this is hypertrophic scar, but who knows
. Wish me luck

Seabuckthorn oil? Thank you, I will look it up. It could help. From what I have read, keloids may be related to iodine, and iodine plays important role in protection against radiation as well. There may be some connection.
Thanks.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Some people have had luck with Serrapeptase - an enzyme that is produced by a caterpillar (taken internally, pricey). You might also try Bio Oil. I have had great results with both products on scars, new and old.

But first see the dermotologist so you know what you're dealing with first. Let us know how it goes!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ccseagull

glad the poster has an appointment, let us know what happens!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

When I got my leg rebuilt, I had several nasty raised scars.

My physical therapist massaged, rubbed them like crazy!

Might want to consider a physical therapist. They do deal with heavy scarring.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

There are no experts on this site. Most of us are not qualified to give you expert medical advice. Opinions, maybe.

Go see a medical professional, not a Conspiracy Website. Both are 2 very different things altogether.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We have a genetic disease that scars even when it is just a scratch. We use vitamin E capsules squeezed on to the wound.
We still scar but not as much, or as red.

I also tried something of an experiment, I told the cells around one wound to activate 'actomycin' and there was no scar.
Actomycin is what foetuses use invitro after foetal surgery, so they have no scars.

You must have intent and visualise.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Farnhold
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Thank you.
How would Epidemiologist help me?

Sorry, my bad. Long night at work.
I meant dermatologist.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

beezzer

When I got my leg rebuilt, I had several nasty raised scars.

My physical therapist massaged, rubbed them like crazy!

Might want to consider a physical therapist. They do deal with heavy scarring.

Beezzer, you crack me up!

I don't care if my nose looked like MJ's, I wouldn't go to physical therapy and pay someone to rub my nose for me, but maybe I'm too modest.

new topics

top topics

join