It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's Terrifying Drought.. as seen from Space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Don't worry we got a bunch of snow here in Colorado that California can bum off of us as they usually do. That's where most of their water comes from in the LA area anyway. The Colorado River ought to be flowing nicely come spring time.
Still that drought is scary, reminds me of the summer of 2002 and 2012 here.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

I wonder about the implications to the farmers and food chain with these droughts.

Doesn't it seem amazingly short-sighted of Government not to have already sorted out some form of sophisticated means of targeting both excess and lack of water to areas that periodically need assistance. Water is an essential commodity and its problems are far reaching. They should have invested tax payers money into some form of moving water and storing water. Water problems today should have been sorted years ago because there are always droughts and floods which need handling.
We can't alter hurricanes and tidal waves, spring tides but we can do something towards alleviating water that falls across land and where we direct it to. (Although I would hate to see it used as some kind of weapon or bargaining chip at some point).

Here we have people flooded since New year and our illustrious Prince Charles visited them yesterday. I think he was pretty shocked although he has a keen interest in ecology etc so would have been well aware of what he would see. I will watch his input and hope that for once he will do something I can admire, as normally I have no time for inherited privilege and royals.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join