It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalia says World War II-style internment camps could happen again - Could this mean FEMA camps?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by the owlbear

Doesn't the Fed and the government determine wealth through fiat currency?

Nope PEOPLE do.

People determine their wealth (self worth) by how ever many zeros are on their checks, or by how ever many zeros are on there government check.

It is called dogma that spreads to hate, and fear that led to interment camps.

Doesn't matter the reason it's happened before, and the people today are no different than then.
edit on 4-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Do I have to go fetch your quote from a few topics ago with you when you were screaming fiat currency! And how the government was the rich because they could print money.

Now it doesn't matter?

Good for you. You've seen through all the smoke and mirrors and can accept we are all screwed if we are not in the know already.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Do I have to go fetch your quote from a few topics ago with you when you were screaming fiat currency! And how the government was the rich because they could print money.

I don't give a crap It doesn't have jack snip to do with this topic.

Internment camps are.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Japanese are people.

Gun owners are people.

Rich are people.

Teaparty members are people.

An adjective used to describe PEOPLE, and during the era of the interment camp. The Japanese was seen as a 'threat' to government.

Historical precident exists in the treatment of people who the US government perceives as a 'threat'.

And the 'rich' people were also targeted during the same time as the Japanese interment of the 40s.

Roosevelt also seized assets of the 'rich' by the confiscation of American gold and silver at the same time.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
There is a very very definite us and them in this country now.

If you are for guns, religion, freedom of speech, fair trade, fair taxes, less social reform you are them...

If you are for gay rights, no religion, 'prosperity', 'change', good will towards men and hate old white guys with money you are in...

This happened while we were all asleep at the wheel and the car is spinning out of control.

You can see Beyonce shake that ass but cannot say god on TV. In the same breath it is ok to kill children but not ok to smoke a natural herb but take pharmas that kill you slowly each day.

It has come to be and it is what it is so stock up on ammo, food and educate your kids outside common core. Opps...I just flagged myself for an audit!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

No. They are both 2 very different things for even more very different reasons.

MS (FEMA Volunteer-1st Responder)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Okay, so with in the US we can look at plenty of social programs, and already see much the same as we did in Nazi germany. #, even the public schools are frighteningly remiss.

Only teach the kids what is beneficial to the Nazi.... er American cause, don't give them more than will allow them to be controlled for the greater good of the government.

Welfare etc, never gives you enough to get yourself self sufficient once more. Just enough to maintain your debt.

All the same ideals of government and service were brought over to the US after the war, and in reality they are a modernized version of the death camp. You can't afford to do anything but what the government deems you fit to do. Absolute bottom of the line services to literally nothing. I'm sorry, but I'd rather be in jail than that poor again, and that is how the system works. Once you are in jail, you are worth more to the government then a lower middle class citizen.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

neo96
The Japanese are people.

Gun owners are people.

Rich are people.

Teaparty members are people.

An adjective used to describe PEOPLE, and during the era of the interment camp. The Japanese was seen as a 'threat' to government.

Historical precident exists in the treatment of people who the US government perceives as a 'threat'.

And the 'rich' people were also targeted during the same time as the Japanese interment of the 40s.

Roosevelt also seized assets of the 'rich' by the confiscation of American gold and silver at the same time.

Except the rich weren't rounded up into the internment camps which you pointed out is the point of this topic.

Nor were their assests seized, unless they were funding the Axis powers somehow, (ahem, Prescott Bush).

Neither have gun owners been sent to camps.

Unless they were "Jap Looking".
edit on 4-2-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Nor were their assests seized, unless they were funding the Axis powers somehow, (ahem, Prescott Bush).

Yeah I forgot EVERYONE had gold and silver back then.

Miss the GD point of my posts anyway.

By virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 5 (b) of the Act of October 6, 1917, as amended by Section 2 of the Act of March 9, 1933, entitled "An Act to provide relief in the existing national emergency in banking, and for other purposes," in which amendatory Act Congress declared that a serious emergency exists, I, Franklin D. Roosevelt, President of the United States of America, do declare that said national emergency still continues to exist and pursuant to said section do hereby prohibit the hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States by individuals, partnerships, associations and corporations and hereby prescribe the following regulations for carrying out the purposes of thi

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

neo96

Yeah I forgot EVERYONE had gold and silver back then.

Miss the GD point of my posts anyway.

Well, help me to understand.

Who has and who had the gold and silver for all of times sake?

Oh...you're going to hate this.

The rich.

Who can fund wars and internment camps?

Not the people flipping burgers at the MacSteakhouse...they vote for whoever you don't vote for for the same reason you vote for who you do...

Take off the blinders, man...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Roosevelt did after stealing the Gold in Fort Knox.

The American people in the 40s did since their gold was stolen by the same guy who threw the Japanese in interment camps.

Don't have any blinders someone else does since the only GD thing they want to talk about is rich folks and ignore everything else that has been said in this thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The most vulnerable community is USA is the Asian community.

There is no doubt that a big war is looming. And it will be Asia vs West.

The Asians will go through hell in USA, which they have no idea of. The same will happen in Europe but to a lesser degree.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

the owlbear

Sublimecraft

In times of war, the laws fall silent

What I would be concerned about folks is what sort of a war would need to occur to re-establish internment camps in the US?

Americas next war will start from within.

"Department of Homeland Security" - sort of has a Nazi ring to it, don't you think?

The War will not start from within. Remember the SC said the Patriot Act, Bush's wiretaps, and if it makes it there I'm sure they will say NSA =A-OK

Go look at how he voted or what his stance was.
Fun times.
This whole thing stinks. We are the only country to (supposedly) freely elect the former . OF OUR SECRET POLICE AS PRESIDENT!!!
Really?!?
Yup.

Putin was Old School KGB as well, and high up. But that's secondary to the point. Where the laws are selectively enforced in order to punish or ignored altogether at the will of the most influential you get this, every time. We won't have long to wait, take a look around at the threadbare infrastructure. The tyranny stinks on even the tele ffs.
EDIT:: On the other hand I've never even read of any culture so brainwashed that they demanded to go into hock to finance their own extinction until now. I feel blessed.

edit on 4-2-2014 by derfreebie because: oboy we're goin campin'. NOT

edit on 4-2-2014 by derfreebie because: You're about to enter --- Rod Serling's Excedrin Headache

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Having read the article in question, the following can be stated:

In any war, the first causality is always the very freedoms. Liberties of the people and the truth of the matter.

From a point of history, and looking back, Justice Scalia is very much correct in his assessment, on how the government can hand has suspended the laws of the USA, in times of war. Where those it deems as undesirable or needs to operate without the mandates of the law, it tends to remove. And each time there is a debate and something of a statement not again, and it does such again and again.

The sad fact is that we the people allow for it to happen. It is our choice, as there would be those who either disagree or agree. And those who disagree often find themselves at the mercy of a bad set of laws, or persecuted for being disloyal or Un-American. And those who are on the fence tends to turn a blind eye to the facts of the case, even the atrocities that would happen to their neighbor. Very few are willing to risk everything to do the correct thing, even willing to give up everything to stop such from happening.

Justice Scalia, is giving a warning based on history of the USA in that we need to keep an eye out and not turn a blind eye when we see something that goes wrong, along with holding our elected leaders accountable for their actions.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

It will NOT be the gun lovers or the religious who will be put in the camps in the future. That will be for the "paperless" people. The undocumented, or the criminally jobless. THOSE are the people that will be put in camps..the people that the fewest will complain about..that many will say "deserve" to be there. And the gun lovers and the religious will be cheering as it happens. Hate will come to America wrapped in a flag, carrying a cross, and with a six shooter strapped on for good measure, and putting "illegals" behind bars will become the "in" thing to do, so will hunting them down, just like the Jews were persecuted during Nazi Germany, and if you don't think it won't happen here, you haven't been paying close attention.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jessme

I think that may be a correct assumption, but 'the undocumented' (or whatever group is singled out) will be taken in numbers that cover the real targets "they" want to make go away. I think the real targets are going to be the independently wealthy who are not members of the 'steward class' of the 1%ers.

This whole illegal immigrant thing has the same stink as global warming. It's an excuse to get people all riled up. I could also see "them" going after the mentally challenged ... which might include a lot of 'crazy gun owners' too. That one has a great potential for being too messy to clean up, but maybe they want messy.

Who knows? I'm pretty old. Lucky to see my kids grown and making their way in life. Wake me up with a bowl of popcorn when it starts and I'll make sure there's a fresh tape for recording in the VCR player.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

It could be anti government agitators, known members of sites hostile to government etc, just as quickly as Islamist.

This country history on these issue is abysmal,

We have a history of subjugating the weak and few for the sake of the majority.

Of course it will happen again,

Natives,
Slaves,
Women,
Forced deportation of Mexican American naturally born citizens post 14th amendment,
Pre-civil rights era African Americans,
Us citizens interment of Japanese origin.

It is a disgusting history that far to many Americans are quick to turn a blind eye to.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

jessme

It will NOT be the gun lovers or the religious who will be put in the camps in the future. That will be for the "paperless" people. The undocumented, or the criminally jobless. THOSE are the people that will be put in camps..the people that the fewest will complain about..that many will say "deserve" to be there. And the gun lovers and the religious will be cheering as it happens. Hate will come to America wrapped in a flag, carrying a cross, and with a six shooter strapped on for good measure, and putting "illegals" behind bars will become the "in" thing to do, so will hunting them down, just like the Jews were persecuted during Nazi Germany, and if you don't think it won't happen here, you haven't been paying close attention.

It could start that way, but anyone they could profile as anti-government or homegrown terrorist would be camping too, or rendition or course.

If illegals are the new Jews for our Amerikan Reich, they are going to need a lot of big camps to hold that many "guests". They should put them to work on farms to pay for their camping holiday and get some free migrant slave work done.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Boscov

I do not think war is a requirement for concentration camps. When the economy flatlines, camps will be everywhere. FEMA, DHS, Red Cross, Wal-Mart, etc. Seriously, Wal-Mart will be involved, you bet. So, since war is not the prerequisite, rather, internal strife and/or revolt, I would guess we will see some form of "camp" in the decade, and Congress will not be silent, they will applaude them as they pass.

This is the closest to what I have to say. First off, Boscov, I agree - the economy is a major issue here as well as civil unrest - I think those are going to be bigger issues than foreign wars, also, I was thinking about this, for the camps to exist, there would have to be a good "reason" for them, which I do see.

We are defaulting again in Feb., and the economy is collapsing under its own weight very heavily. The laws and safeguards have already been degraded quite a bit in the past little more than a decade. That's how I see it. It is hard to know.

Is this a possibility? Scalia clearly lays out the precedent for it. Is it referring to FEMA camps? I would think so, from what I could tell, they do exist and are ready for action, even as they are empty at the moment. It's like potential energy, even if it isn't being used, someone might not even have it in their . to use them yet -.
edit on 05amWed, 05 Feb 2014 05:24:52 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Well, I don't know...if they can herd up everyone connected to Islam, radical or not, I'd probably turn a blind eye.

If you are going to do this be sure to include the blood thirsty evangelical Christians while you are at it. Then again include all religions after all every war have been based on religion in one way or the other. And it's funny that you want the group that is responsible for the least amount of terrorist attacks in America.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

neo96

Roosevelt did after stealing the Gold in Fort Knox.

The American people in the 40s did since their gold was stolen by the same guy who threw the Japanese in interment camps.

Don't have any blinders someone else does since the only GD thing they want to talk about is rich folks and ignore everything else that has been said in this thread.

Yes you do have blinders on. It was the Federal Reserve that wanted the gold and Roosevelt like a good little tool did just what they wanted. Learn to place the blame where it really belongs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join