It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalia says World War II-style internment camps could happen again - Could this mean FEMA camps?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Could this be what the "FEMA" camps that have been discussed and reported on will be used for? Who would be targeted in "a time of war"? You would assume that would mean immigrants from the countries we are facing at war but I'm not so sure that would be it.

I would fear that anyone that opposes such a war as well as a host of others including constitutionalists and the like.

Justice Antonin Scalia predicts that the Supreme Court will eventually authorize another a wartime abuse of civil rights such as the internment camps for Japanese-Americans during World War II.

"You are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again," Scalia told the University of Hawaii law school while discussing Korematsu v. United States, the ruling in which the court gave its imprimatur to the internment camps.

The local Associated Press report quotes Scalia as using a Latin phrase that means "in times of war, the laws fall silent," to explain why the court erred in that decision and will do so again.

"That's what was going on — the panic about the war and the invasion of the Pacific and whatnot," Scalia said. "That's what happens. It was wrong, but I would not be surprised to see it happen again, in time of war. It's no justification but it is the reality."

Source

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Seeing how the people that backed Hitler and turned Germany into Nazi Germany have infested our government it is perfectly reasonable that this could happen. After all the elite wants to get rid of the useless eaters who are using up their natural resources.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I wonder if we have time to pack?

And what war?

When?

Who's going to be president???

Finally, will I have time to watch the season finale of Walking Dead?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Justice Antonin Scalia predicts that the Supreme Court will eventually authorize another a wartime abuse of civil rights such as the internment camps for Japanese-Americans during World War II.

Well, I don't know...if they can herd up everyone connected to Islam, radical or not, I'd probably turn a blind eye.

Even in peace time...but that's just me.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I do not think war is a requirement for concentration camps. When the economy flatlines, camps will be everywhere. FEMA, DHS, Red Cross, Wal-Mart, etc. Seriously, Wal-Mart will be involved, you bet. So, since war is not the prerequisite, rather, internal strife and/or revolt, I would guess we will see some form of "camp" in the decade, and Congress will not be silent, they will applaude them as they pass. As for inhumane treatment, of American citizens or illegals, green cards, work visas, etc., that is where the SC will remain silent, so to speak.

edit on 4-2-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

In times of war, the laws fall silent

What I would be concerned about folks is what sort of a war would need to occur to re-establish internment camps in the US?

Americas next war will start from within.

"Department of Homeland Security" - sort of has a Nazi ring to it, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yes, because locking up innocent Japaneze was so successful.

Disgraceful to even consider building these things.

Unless, we use them on the people that built them.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

In a time of war, the law falls silent. That is sacrilege coming from a Judge sitting on the supreme court. IMO he should be impeached. Not in this lawless, immoral place though.

The Fascists own the US and behind them are WASP authoritarians that would line up to defecate on the Constitution and/or the bible for their own gain at the drop of a hat. i.e. camps are fine if it's someone I don't like.

The moral fiber breaks down to some evil pieces doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We don't have a war, one that we can see anyway, but the laws sure seem to have fallen silent.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Wait, we may see nazi style internment camps? You mean we don't already in Palestine(Israeli perpetrated), Iraq ( american Perpetrated), Afghanistan( American perpetrated), Guantanemo bay(American Perpetrated).

Okay, so I'll bite we may see some nazi style interment camps soon, I'll just keep waiting.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I agree with your sentiment but I think you're missing the point. The point being these would be here in the United States.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

In a time of war, the law falls silent. That is sacrilege coming from a Judge sitting on the supreme court.

This is the part that bothers me most. HE has been the biggest influence on the rulings to come out of the SC for well over the last twenty years...
The Supreme Court of this land has become as rife with corruption as the rest of our government. Just look at Scalia's stance on campaign financing. Nothing but a mouth suckling at the plutocrats' teats. Om. Nom. Nom.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Sublimecraft

In times of war, the laws fall silent

What I would be concerned about folks is what sort of a war would need to occur to re-establish internment camps in the US?

Americas next war will start from within.

"Department of Homeland Security" - sort of has a Nazi ring to it, don't you think?

The War will not start from within. Remember the SC said the Patriot Act, Bush's wiretaps, and if it makes it there I'm sure they will say NSA =A-OK

Go look at how he voted or what his stance was.
Fun times.
This whole thing stinks. We are the only country to (supposedly) freely elect the former head OF OUR SECRET POLICE AS PRESIDENT!!!
Really?!?
Yup.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

In a time of war, the law falls silent. That is sacrilege coming from a Judge sitting on the supreme court. IMO he should be impeached. Not in this lawless, immoral place though.

The Fascists own the US and behind them are WASP authoritarians that would line up to defecate on the Constitution and/or the bible for their own gain at the drop of a hat. i.e. camps are fine if it's someone I don't like.

The moral fiber breaks down to some evil pieces doesn't it?
law really doesn't have much of a place in war besides the "normal" things like don't treat the enemy and locals like your own personal entertainment (use your imagination)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Times of war/ Times of Fear/ Times of Financial Crisis/ Times of Famine/ Times of drought.....so forth and so on.
All of the above will lead the general public to slaughter.
During times of Bliss/Happiness/Well Being the above cannot happen.
Its all Manipulation by the few put upon the masses.

A good read is "The Gift Of Fear" Authored by Gavin Debecker.
It was recommended to me in a thread here about two years ago and I sure am glad I read it.

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah it can a fact all us gun owners are all too aware of.

Something that all rich people are aware of.

If has happened before It will happen again.

The only real question is who is it going to be ?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

facelift

Well, I don't know...if they can herd up everyone connected to Islam, radical or not, I'd probably turn a blind eye.

Even in peace time...but that's just me.

I have read a lot of things on the Internet and in my opinion this is just about the most deplorable, disgusting thing I have ever read on the Internet. Sorry to see it here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Those camps weren't built on a whim. They were built for a reason. The reason is the internment of Americans. Scared yet?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

neo96
Yeah it can a fact all us gun owners are all too aware of.

Something that all rich people are aware of.

If has happened before It will happen again.

The only real question is who is it going to be ?

But Neo,

Doesn't the Fed and the government determine wealth through fiat currency?
Rich people have nothing to fear then since they are the true backers of their wealth through fiat currency.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Doesn't the Fed and the government determine wealth through fiat currency?

Nope PEOPLE do.

People determine their wealth (self worth) by how ever many zeros are on their checks, or by how ever many zeros are on there government check.

It is called dogma that spreads to hate, and fear that led to interment camps.

Doesn't matter the reason it's happened before, and the people today are no different than then.
edit on 4-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join