It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thou Shall Not! But, Why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

WonderBoi

Akragon

Christian Voice
reply to post by Akragon

When you were in school your science books, math books, language books, etc. were all written by Men yet you are not questioning them, only the one that says "Thou Shall Not". Weird how that is
Heck, The Davinci Code was written as fiction and proclaimed to be fiction by Dan Brown yet people took it as Truth because it appeared to debunk parts of the Bible which proclaims "Thou Shall Not"

You see, when you question teachers you fail... and I did question several of them so I know from experience...

When you question the bible you find the truth behind the veil... You don't fail at life for questioning a so called "holy book"

In fact I would say you're more likely to pass... so to speak

Believe it or not, the Bible isn't as "holy", as many believe; and therein, lies the problem. How can people say the book is "holy", when it's filled with violence? It's starts off, right away, with brother killing brother.

The part that people miss, because of religion, is the fact that the Bible is a book of examples, of how God got His people through certain calamities, by faith. Read the story of Gideon, for example. Other than the 1st 5 books of the Bible....nothing else about it is religious. The Old Testament were types and shadows of things to come. Things that had been fulfilled, in the NT.

Jesus had a very big problem with the Pharisees. They were the people sitting in the holy seat, doing the most sinning. They were the people that essentially called for Jesus' crucifixion.

Besides all that...people need to understand what a "testament" is. Go to a law firm and ask. Religion didn't teach you this, but each and every person, on this planet, was written in that will; which went into effect, the day Jesus died.

Did you ask your lawyer, what was legally yours? Probably not! Why? Because the Bible is a "holy book" and nothing more; in your opinion. But, can i tell you a secret? The Bible is filled with lots and lots of principles, keys, and promises; you'll know nothing about because no one told you the truth.

Here's a scripture, i want you to always remember:

Philippians 4:19

I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me.
Believe me, when i tell you, the Bible is DEEP! The reason why TPTB aka 1%ers are getting away with murder; while robbing us blind, is because Satan has given them authority, to do so; and God has given Satan this place. Unfortunately, God has to abide by His own laws; so He can't do anything, YET! Besides, it's not up to God, to get us out of this mess. It's up to US! We're waiting for God; but, God is waiting for US!!! 99% can't handle 1% of the population that suppresses us? Do we really need "God's" help??? He already gave it, but we don't like the gift He gave us. We want another! Give us another teacher, we scream. lol Maybe, we should APPLY the teachings. lmfao

you can't throw secret words out there like "types"..... (Whispering) they might see the truth

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

wonderful speech...

Ye just had to add Paul and Satan into the mix, didn't ya...

ruined it

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

ElohimJD

Krazysh0t

I'm sorry, but I don't need God to tell me not to harm someone else or their property, and to do so is a HUGE insult. Believe it or not, humans can utilize common sense to come to these conclusions on their own.

No they can't.

Humans are selfish by nature; it is against our nature to be selfless. History is the proof of this, if we could use common sense, there would be no murders.

God Bless,

The actions of a few don't represent the actions of the many. If no one was able to use common sense and realize that you shouldn't go around killing other people, then we'd be a world of anarchy and chaos.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

They already accepted the devil's offer.

It is you who have accepted the deceit being fed to you.

Have you met in person any of these rich people you say have made a deal with the devil or do you get all your knowledge of them from the internet?

You have taken the devils contract against GOD by judging those you do not know and are judging them based on anothers opinion of them that you have accepted to be true.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

We as a species have taught ourselves to live like this since the beginning of the human race. It is just something that is instilled in us. It's like how do most mammals know how to take care of there young straight after birth? I remember when i was about 8 my German Shepherd "Sasha" had puppies, i was just amazed how she knew that when one of them dropped out that she had to get them out of the bag by licking the sack off it. I asked my Nan how did she know what to do? she replied "she just does". I believe that we as humans are the same as every other specie in the universe (we are not alone), every living thing has some thing in their nature that relates to right and wrong. At the end of the day it is down to the individual to whether they take pride or have guilt in their actions, this defines how that person sees what is right and wrong. We as the human race, as a majority have decided that these "commandments" are to be followed to lead a fruit full life. Try telling that to most mass murderers.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

See now believing you can do something because you have christ on your side shows that you are weak.

I do not rely on an entity or religion for strenght, I rely on my self for everything not some entity.

I have lived a pretty good life with out god or jesus. I have a job, I have a daughter of which I love with all my heart and I try to teach her how to be a good human being, I've also accomplished many goals in my life with out god or jesus. For example ever sence I was a kid I wanted to be a chef and win a cooking competion...... I won the Skills Canada black box cooking competition at the age of 17 (nation wide Black Box cooking competition like Iron chef). Also I always wanted to be a rockstar - my goal was to get signed to a label go on tour and make a music video....... Guess what happened???? My band got signed, we made a video and went on tour...

Every time I set a goal for my self I accomplish it with out god, why? because it doesnt exist.

That qoute you just made is a scare tactic.... What I mean by that is you are saying that you can do anything if you have god in your heart, when really you dont need god at all to do anything.

I asked this before and no one answered it......

What would you do if your god turned out to be just a race of aliens???? (keep in mind I did say if I saw jesus preforming miracles I would become a believer)

It is quite possible that this is what happened, why? Because as we speak, there are agencies and companies working on a way to make mars a habitable planet by ways of a green house effect. Now we also have the technology to clone things.

We were created in gods image where we not? ok then, in the 50's I believe it was, the president at the timem, I think his name was Eisenhower, had a visit from 3 people who claimed they were from venus, one of these aliens was called Val Valiant Thor. This man was apperently royalty, I think he was a prince or somthing from venus.. whats strange is that they looked like normal human beings. There are pictures of them.

So if we were created in gods image, it would be safe to say that the people from venus are god, they turned earth into a habitable planet, then took clones of them selfs and placed them on the planet..

Could Val Valiant Thor be your all mighty god? We look like him, He came from the heavens (took a space ship from venus to earth), he talked of peace love and the advancement of human life.

To me looking from the out side in... That is your god, he was here and no one really knows it happend. Do some research into it.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Our originally created state is certainly NOT the image of Elohim,
reply to post by ElohimJD

Funny I thought Adam/Eve were made in the image of god (small g!)

but our end state (what we are transformed over time into) WILL BE; exactly how God planned from the beginning.

Oh thats right, made by a pregnant (pre-existing christ) jealous god, who would sacrifice himself in some future time with its own blood as a sacrifice to itself on mankinds behalf.

I have no time for the jehovah mountain god of the OT

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

InhaleExhale

They already accepted the devil's offer.

Have you met in person any of these rich people you say have made a deal with the devil or do you get all your knowledge of them from the internet?

You have taken the devils contract against GOD by judging those you do not know and are judging them based on anothers opinion of them that you have accepted to be true.
I know because there is nothing NEW under the sun. Don't need to know "them", when i know God's principles, during Jesus' walk through the wilderness. If Jesus was made the SAME offers, even hypothetically, what makes you think those offers aren't being made these days??? 2000 years ago, is NO DIFFERENT than today. Same crap, different era. History proves that, even without "Jesus".

I make no judgements, just comparisons. It's Y.O.U. passing judgement. If the rich weren't made the offer, then how did they get rich, and how do they stay rich???

You can believe how you choose. I choose to believe that there is evil all around us, because evil is real. It's as real as good!

It's also kinda crazy how the Bible has received such criticism. Mainly, from people that have never studied it. People are under the assumption. Blinded by religion.

And, just for the record: I am not here to preach "christianity". IMO, it's no better than all the other man-made religions. All confused by someone else's teaching!!!! It doesn't work that way. A relationship with God, is a PERSONAL matter; not a public one. Jesus made that VERY CLEAR!!! But, again, blinded by religion.

The Lord's Prayer. Matt 6:5

5"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.…
Matt 6:1

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
Matt 23:5

"Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
Mark 11:25

And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

I shouldn't have to do YOUR homework.

Matt 21:22

And all things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.

9“This, then, is how you should pray: “ ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11Give us today our daily bread. 12And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13And lead us not into temptation,a but deliver us from the evil one.b ’
Let me REPEAT this phrase again,
Matt 6:6-8

6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
Religion has nothing to do with "spiritual" things.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Don't need to know "them", when i know God's principles, during Jesus' walk through the wilderness. If Jesus was made the SAME offers, even hypothetically, what makes you think those offers aren't being made these days??? 2000 years ago, is NO DIFFERENT than today. Same crap, different era. History proves that, even without "Jesus".

What do all these words mean, what are trying to say?

If I had put 2 and 2 together from your reply you are saying people who are financially well off have made a deal with the devil simply because they have money?

Is there anything else or just their finances?

I make no judgements, just comparisons. It's Y.O.U. passing judgement. If the rich weren't made the offer, then how did they get rich, and how do they stay rich???

So you are not judging,

How are even making comparisons when you just ask how the rich get rich and how they stay rick?

What are you comparing your lack of knowledge with?

You know Gods principles yet you need to speculate about unknown people not knowing how they came to be in the situation they are in and comparing them to something when asked why are you making conclusions based on anothers speculation you have read on the net?

What?

It's also kinda crazy how the Bible has received such criticism. Mainly, from people that have never studied it. People are under the assumption. Blinded by religion.

What Bible? What people?

And, just for the record: I am not here to preach "christianity".

Well, what bible are you saying many haven't studied but criticize?

IMO, it's no better than all the other man-made religions. All confused by someone else's teaching!!!!

Is that Bible you speak of original and not confused by someone elses teachings?

I shouldn't have to do YOUR homework.

What homework,

I finished school 17 years ago,

But please carry on your rambling

Religion has nothing to do with "spiritual" things.

Yes and you are very confused it seems by what you have posted.

All confused by someone else's teaching!!!!

Yet you keep quoting that confusion you say was done others

It doesn't work that way.

I know, why is you can write it but cant see it

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by snypwsd

At a risk of derailing the thread I'd say he's right on target by stating the homosexual agenda is being forced down our throats.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

hahaha really? Your really going to say that even after what I pointed out? You are so closed minded and you are not seeing the whole picture.

Step outside your christian mindset for once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join