It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thou Shall Not! But, Why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

No they can't.

Humans are selfish by nature; it is against our nature to be selfless. History is the proof of this, if we could use common sense, there would be no murders.

Well in that case neither is God, since we were made in his image

Funny how that works eh?

~Tenth
edit on 2/4/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Wrong, the huge problem with Christianity is that it proclaims with a loud voice "Thou Shall Not"!!!! That statement pisses off so many selfish rebellious people out there. People are fine with God until he says you can't do something you want to do that is contrary to his word. People act like a bunch of children whose parents are out of town.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Perhaps if it was actually God speaking people might take it seriously...

Unfortunately the OT is composed of stories written by men thousands of years ago...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Taken waaaaaay out of context. His image has nothing to do with his character. We are made in his image, not his character. We have to be taught his character. Wanna pervert another scripture ?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

When you were in school your science books, math books, language books, etc. were all written by Men yet you are not questioning them, only the one that says "Thou Shall Not". Weird how that is
Heck, The Davinci Code was written as fiction and proclaimed to be fiction by Dan Brown yet people took it as Truth because it appeared to debunk parts of the Bible which proclaims "Thou Shall Not"

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Akragon

When you were in school your science books, math books, language books, etc. were all written by Men yet you are not questioning them, only the one that says "Thou Shall Not". Weird how that is
Heck, The Davinci Code was written as fiction and proclaimed to be fiction by Dan Brown yet people took it as Truth because it appeared to debunk parts of the Bible which proclaims "Thou Shall Not"

You see, when you question teachers you fail... and I did question several of them so I know from experience...

When you question the bible you find the truth behind the veil... You don't fail at life for questioning a so called "holy book"

In fact I would say you're more likely to pass... so to speak

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Being straight is a life style just like being gay, You have no right to say that they are forcing their "life-style" on us, because in all actuality it is us, the straight people, that are force feeding our Ideoligies and sexual prefference on them.

If you see a gay couple on a comercial all of a sudden everyone starts bashing it, saying its wrong blah blah blah.

My point is..... WE ARE ALL HUMAN!!!! IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOUR SEX IS, WHAT YOUR AGE IS, WHAT YOUR SEXUAL PREFERENCE IS, WHAT YOUR RELIGION IS, YOU ME AND EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS PLANET ARE ALL HUMAN.

Sorry this is off topic, But I think you stepped over the line by saying the gays are forcing their "lifestyle" upon you. I believe everything should be 50-50 for both sexual preferences. We should see more of it in movies, tv ect.

Remember, us straight people are the ones that are forcing our "lifestyle" on them. For it is the Straight community that is surpressing them. Instead of getting mad at the Gay community why dont you get mad at your government for not alowing them the same rights as straight people, maybe then it wont be so "in your face" for you. This is 2014 my friend, why must you make some pretty biggoted remarks like that.

Think about that....

Now as for your op, we come to the conclusion that things are wrong because we have what is called a conscience. With it every human being can develop morals with or without a cult (sorry religion although they are the same damn thing in my opinion) that help determin if something is right or wrong. Its that simple.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

Well in that case neither is God, since we were made in his image

Funny how that works eh?

~Tenth
edit on 2/4/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Tenth,

Hebrew still exists and can be looked upon to research scripture.

The verse you are mocking in the above post is actually translated as such:

"Let Elohim (the God family) transform over time mankind's character into the spiritual image of Elohim (the God family)".

We were made with the POTENTIAL to be transformed into the spiritual image (character, way of thinking) of the God family (Elohim).... over time.

God's purpose for our creation as physical human beings is so that we would be transformed over time into unity of thought with that of our Creator God. The 10 commandments are the primary teaching tool used to forge God's way of thinking in our minds so as to no longer think carnally (naturally, selfishly), but rather become transformed into the spiritual image of Elohim.

Our originally created state is certainly NOT the image of Elohim, but our end state (what we are transformed over time into) WILL BE; exactly how God planned from the beginning.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Wanna pervert another scripture ?

The scriptures in themselves are a perversion.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

At a risk of derailing the thread I'd say he's right on target by stating the homosexual agenda is being forced down our throats.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Sounds like you had crappy teachers lol. See in my science class, we had these things every day called labs, where we proved right there what we were learning. Didn't have to take nothing as gospel, as it happened right in front of our eyes. If you don't believe the math teacher, we had these things called scientific calculators.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How do you figure ? They are a guide for good healthy living. They state you can't do some things and some folks just don't like that apparently. We can do this one all day long though. You can take any verse you choose and pervert it out of context to satisfy your argument.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Also a lot of people do not like getting force fed religion either, so in a sense you are a Hypocrite because you are forcing your religious "lifestyle" on us who don't believe in any god. Thats just another fun little fact that I thought I would mention. Im not saying that your faith is wrong, its just preaching about religion and saying that the gay's are forcing their life style on you is pretty much the definition of being a Hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So you proved evolution in your labs ?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

In the bible, you know they all lived to be hundreds of years old. Was just a joke

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Are you daft? How does one prove in a 45 minute lab something that happens over millions of years? However we did prove the testable parts, such as culturing microorganisms that were resistant to penecylin.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

TKDRL

Sounds like you had crappy teachers lol. See in my science class, we had these things every day called labs, where we proved right there what we were learning. Didn't have to take nothing as gospel, as it happened right in front of our eyes. If you don't believe the math teacher, we had these things called scientific calculators.

When studying things that are physical you can use physical tools to take physical measurements and compile physical data and produce a physical conclusion.

How we treat one another is spiritual.

Mankind's historical interaction with mankind is a spiritual measurement as to our nature of selfishness; how much will it take to prove the validity of our natural minds... and the need to change our thought process to selfless.

Repent does not mean "say I am sorry" it means "change the way one thinks".

Romans 8:7
"Because the natural mind is enmity against God (set against God); for it is not subject to the law of God (10 Commandments), nor indeed can be."

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No, you proved nothing of evolution yet you take it as truth. Again, weird.....

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

How do you figure ? They are a guide for good healthy living.

If you cherry pick all the nonsense out of it.

hey state you can't do some things and some folks just don't like that apparently.

It says you can't do A WHOLE LOT OF THINGS....and a whole lot of them nonsense for one thing. I also take issue with people from 3000 years ago telling me how to live

It doesn't matter what the verses say, because they are mostly lies. The scriptures were written decades after Jesus died, by people who had a vested interest in keeping people in line.

Religion is about power and control. Organized religion that is.

Personal Religion is perfectly fine

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by noonebutme

In the bible, you know they all lived to be hundreds of years old. Was just a joke

Only those who were born before Noah's flood lived for that length according to scriptures.

Moses lived to 120, as did Joseph and some others up to a few generations post flood, but by David's time; 70 years was the life expectancy as we still have today; according to scripture.

God Bless,

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join