It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thou Shall Not! But, Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Why is it, that we accept SOME of the truth; and not all of the truth???

For example: The majority of us will agree that murder is wrong. Some believe, the murderer should be put to death; while others believe, the murderer should be locked up for life, in a federal penitentiary. But, what i'd like to know is: WHY we agree that murder is wrong? I don't want to talk about the punishment, but the reasoning to our thinking?

Let's look at another case in point: The majority of us will agree, stealing is wrong. Punishments should be, according to the severity of the crime. But, why do we believe stealing is wrong?

Cheating!? We all frown upon that, but why? We all have different opinions of what "cheating" is. Some believe, "cheating" only pertains to relationships or sports. But, why do we believe that it's wrong?

Then, there's there's "LOVE". And, let's face it. It's the world's most abused and misunderstood word, in any language. Total confusion. But with "love", comes "hate." Most say there's a thin line.

However, what intrigues me most, is we tend to agree on things, that are "right" and "wrong", based on biblical teachings; whether you admit it or not; whether you're a saint or a sinner.

Without being "religious", how many of the 10 Commandments do you agree with??? I'm sure it's AT LEAST 1; whether you're a believer or not.

Lately, i've noticed a push, in the homosexual community. I look on tv and see, a lot of celebrities exhibit this spirit as they flaunt it in our face. Actors coming out of the closet. Laws being passed to legalize it. Acceptance of it....like it or not! (The illuminati game card reads

+4 on any attempt to control any straight group.

I'm not here to bash the homosexual community. Your business is your business and none of my business. But, the thing is, that community makes it our business. They make us "accept" their lifestyles; by jamming their messages down our throats!

If you can agree with ANY of the 10 commandments; why is it, when a commandment is made elsewhere, NOT TO do something; we make "exceptions" to the rules? This doesn't just pertain to "homosexuality"; but also for abortion, divorce, alcohol, borrowing and everything else that has proven to be destructive, to our species! Why do we pick and choose what's right and what's wrong? If it's wrong to kill, how do we allow abortions to occur, on a daily basis? The death penalty? How do we allow TPTB to brainwash our kids, into joining their cult of destruction?

I know you all see what's going on, but do you understand WHY?

In case you haven't noticed, the more lawless we become, the darker times are getting. THAT'S EXACTLY what TPTB want to happen. They form laws to destroy us, as they entertain us; while flipping God the bird. They already accepted the devil's offer. That's why they're wealthy and rich. That's why they don't mind killing us off, like cockroaches. They work for the one that gave them that wealth, but in reality, that wealth will be distributed back to the righteous.

Proverbs 13:22

A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children, but the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous.

Genesis 1:28 (God's Command to Adam)

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

1John 5:19

We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me it will all be yours” (Luke 4:5-6).

Jesus called Satan the prince of this world (John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11) and Paul said he’s the god of this age (2 Cor. 4:4)

John
12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

14:30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me,

16:11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

2 Cor. 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

That's all, for now. I'm sure you'll slice, dice it, and chew it the way you want; making "exceptions to the rules." But, it's cool!! We all have to find our own way.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Don't take the lords name in vain. that one sentence is so misconstrued to mean don't say god damn or things like that. If you actually think of what the phrase says, you would get "Don't call yourself god/gods name"

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut

Don't take the lords name in vain. that one sentence is so misconstrued to mean don't say god damn or things like that. If you actually think of what the phrase says, you would get "Don't call yourself god/gods name"

The idea of vanity (and I think the Hebrew carries this connotation) is "don't empty the name." So it doesn't just refer to a certain tone of voice or a certain use of the word. It's dealing with God and speaking of God in a way that empties him of his significance.

This includes both throw-away words—like "God!" or "Jesus!"—as well as speaking about him in trifling and flippant ways. Not just swear ways but cheap ways, low and insignificant ways that just treat him like a commodity. And when you hear them you sense that there is no weight to that sentence, no corresponding emotion to that statement. It seems to have just been gutted. www.christianity.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I read most of your thread op but I stopped at the pic of Jupiter Mars or whatever with his arm around TRHCP singer.

Murder is wrong it has nothing to do with the bible. I'm agnostic but I don't go around killing people just because they piss me off. (it would be a massacre!)

Right is right and wrong is obvious.

Do you justify murder? Rape? Torture?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

How does Bruno Mars and Anthony Kiedis relate to the OP?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Sigh. These read as follows:

1. NEVER DOUBT THE CHURCH EVER!

2.NEVER DOUBT THE CHURCH

3.NEVER DOUBT THE CHURCH

4.MAKE SURE YOU COME IN TO GIVE US MONEY

5.this one is ok.

6.This one is OK.

7. Children have no business learning about marriage. Keep your sex shaming to the adults.

8. Common Sense

9.Common Sense

10.Common Sense

You see, none of the good things in this list require religion to understand or come to terms with. The rest of these are just about making sure the church is relevant in young people's lives. Which it isn't, so they must use this kind of propaganda to mold children into good little worshipers.

Religious propaganda for children should be illegal.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

Not sure.....can u c the pic?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well it's obvious why killing and stealing are wrong, it's also obvious that homosexuality is not wrong. That's the whole point of being rational is that we can recognise things that aren't right. I actually believe in God, but immediately when someone discusses extremist views such as homophobia in the bible I know it's wrong even evil. Which proves to me the bible is not the word of God.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Good for you.

"God" doesn't believe the nonsense in the bible. It was written by man and then edited by man for his own purpose.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Thou Shall Not! But, Why?

Even the blind see what not to do.

Isn't this the same angst as asking "why always not, how come it isn't do this or do that" but I see you have covered that point by listing the blessing first where they are told to have dominion raise up and subdue. Is there a relationship between these two. Raise up and subdue vs. shall not. Don't kill when subduing? Sounds like moderation in all things.

Are blind people cautious in exploration? Rise up too quick and get killed? Miley Cyrus rose up too quick. the mob: "Jesus, kill it with fire". TptB: "Here have chilly pepper and wash that taste out of your mouth." Is it cause the song "Adore you" has the words god, and holy matrimony in it?

And yet they think their mastery of the idiot box is complete, and we don't see who they really are.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's kinda funny you think those commandments originated with the bible. Other ancient religions and societies long before the bible was even a thought had them. As to why some people agree with a few of the commandments? Seriously? Well let's see.....

Murder is wrong. Why? Really stupid question. No one is going to like having their life taken by another, or a friend/family life taken by another. Duh, really dumb question.

Stealing is wrong. Why? Again, no one is going to like having their stuff taken away by another.

It all comes down to the "golden rule" really, which is way older than the bible. Would I like it if someone did it to me? No? Then don't go and do it to someone else, they won't like it either. Pretty simple rule, that applies to prettymuch anything. Don't need to think some god commanded it to try and be a decent human being. I demand it of myself.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

WonderBoi

EyesOpenMouthShut

The idea of vanity (and I think the Hebrew carries this connotation) is "don't empty the name." So it doesn't just refer to a certain tone of voice or a certain use of the word. It's dealing with God and speaking of God in a way that empties him of his significance.

This includes both throw-away words—like "God!" or "Jesus!"—as well as speaking about him in trifling and flippant ways. Not just swear ways but cheap ways, low and insignificant ways that just treat him like a commodity. And when you hear them you sense that there is no weight to that sentence, no corresponding emotion to that statement. It seems to have just been gutted. www.christianity.com...

Thats all fine and dandy,

IF

Jesus was named Jesus, he wasnt

and God, was named God.

Hes not.

At least with the God part, its for respect, you don't just throw around the holy name of God.

So we say God in the bible.

As a christian, I don't view Jesus as the true name of the Messiah it is a translation,

and as for God, again not his name.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

First of all, great post. Loved it. Secondly I know this is kind of off topic but your versus about the dark prince ruling the world made me think of how Hollywood is (Illuminati) and how most people say its demonic and how for instance Roseanne Barr, Bob Dylan, Katy Perry ect. openly admit to selling there soul to the devil...and people think its a joke, but in reality its not. Back to your topic, since you mentioned it, I have noticed that I'm guilty to this as well. I believe I do my best to follow the commandments (not because I'm religious, but because its a guideline for living a wonderful and full life) and I see other religious people such as my parents. My dad was a pastor for 35 years, and since you mentioned it even they do it. Not purposely, but more without thinking because....IDK...maybe this evil world has made us blind, and is making us more blind as the days go by. This goes to show though that in the end were all sinners who live by the good book (again not religiously but more as a guide) and we are not all perfect. For God so loved the world.............this is my 2 cents, so sorry if it made no sense..again though great point.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The Ten Commandments were not directives from God or any deity.

They were created by man, for man, during a time in human history when living to 30 was a rarity.

There was no established police force, civil law and liberties, human rights, etc. It was a very dangerous time.

These "orders" were put in place to help try and "govern" and control people. Essentially, look at them as "what would you NOT want done to you or your family?"

They are just..common sense. NOthing mythical or magical or spiritual or religious - just plain logical. If you want to be helped by others, then treat others as you want to be treated.

Why do such common sense, rational things needs to be directives from "God" ?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Yeah right, everyone lived till like 600 back then

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'm at a loss for what you are trying to get at. You make a rational argument that most people agree with at least one of the ten commandments. Ok that is fine and all. A few of them are common sense, but then you wonder why everyone doesn't follow other proclamations made in the bible. The gap in your logic originates with the idea that you believe that these concepts originated in the bible. But like I said earlier, a few of them are common sense. This is a HUGE problem with Christianity, Christians assume that the idea of the Golden Rule and the second half of the ten commandments all originated with God. Well I ask you, before Moses got these commandments, don't you think they practiced things like "do not kill" or "do not steal"? Of course I already know the answer, since in ancient Sumeria, this existed: Code of Hammurabi; which the Ten Commandments are based off of.

I'm sorry, but I don't need God to tell me not to harm someone else or their property, and to do so is a HUGE insult. Believe it or not, humans can utilize common sense to come to these conclusions on their own.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The reason why the 10 commandments are recorded as such is because they show acts of selfishness, and so we are commanded not to do those acts.

Selfishness is bettering yourself at the expense of another.

Selflessness is when you sacrifice yourself for the betterment of another.

Murder is selfish.
Stealing is selfish.
Adultery is selfish.
Coveting what is not yours is selfish.
Lying is selfish.

Choosing to worship God in the manner you feel is right, in opposition to the Word of God is selfish.

The first 4 commandment teach mankind how to worship/love God (be selfless towards their Creator God)
The last 6 commandments teach mankind how to love/respect other human beings (be selfless towards others).

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Uhh.. what?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wow is all I have to say after reading that dribble you just posted.
Wow............

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

I'm sorry, but I don't need God to tell me not to harm someone else or their property, and to do so is a HUGE insult. Believe it or not, humans can utilize common sense to come to these conclusions on their own.

No they can't.

Humans are selfish by nature; it is against our nature to be selfless. History is the proof of this, if we could use common sense, there would be no murders.

God Bless,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join