It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having a crappy 2014?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
After my 76 Dodge Charger that I have owned for the last 30 years that didn't have a scratch on it got totaled my year is already shot. And what made it even better was the idiot that thought it was more important to be on their phone texting instead paying attention where they were going plus they had no drivers license and no insurance and that really made my day.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

CosmicDude
Still to soon to say but much better than past couple years so far

How dare you bring positive vibes into my thread

Glad someone is having a positive start to the new year!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Add me to the list!

But...I'm not going to take it laying down. "Fall down seven times, get up eight. "

When things get tough, I have to clean, organize, plan, strategize, refocus, regroup, reevaluate. - whatever it takes to pull out of the slump and start getting better results.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My daughter had foot surgery, crutches for eight weeks. $1000 down, haven't gotten the rest of the bill yet.

My wife is getting a splint to line up her jaw. $3200

I need a tooth pulled then a bridge made. $3500

Yeah, it's been a long January....

Oh and the broncos got their butts handed to them.... I suppose the cubs will have a bad year to.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
2013 was one of the worst years of my whole life...I hoped 2014 would be better but the crap just keeps on being dished my way...whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?? I'm clinging to that motto at the moment..hope things get better for you and everyone else!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Some very interesting snap shots here. It feels like we're all on the edge of the abyss.

I work two part-time jobs. In January, every day that I went in to my one job in town, something would break. First it was the projector which I use during my classes. This meant I now had to haul in my 24-inch iMac instead. Next I pulled out my glasses and they crumbled in my hand like they'd been struck by lightening. During a new presentation, my keyboard stopped working for no reason, then worked fine when I got it back home. The administrator I work with has been trying to push me out in favor of others who bring in more money. And my other job has given me very little work (worth about $100) since the year began.

But I am determined not to let this get to me, and above all, not to react.

I think this is a test, not by God, but reality itself.

Reality wants you to create something new in this void that is about to open at your feet.

You create it with your mind, by dreaming the big dream and putting emotion behind it. Breaking out of the usual mold is paramount, so come on you guys, DREAM BIG! When the abyss opens up, just ride your dream!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Good take on it!

I'm of the same thought.

The universe is hurling rocks for some reason and we need to dodge them...without tripping.
edit on 2/4/2014 by kosmicjack because: *rocks* not ricks - lol! see!!!! it's the UNIVERSE!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I've had a fantastic year so far if the rest of my life is the yard stick I measure it by.
I took a chance on a two week temp job for some extra cash at x-mas and ended up being permanantly hired for a much higher paying position. My boss is training me to accomplish tasks that the rest of the staff in the department have not been given and they've been there for years so I can only surmise my boss see's potential.
I was single in 2013 but not anymore...yet it seems I am getting number thrown at me. I realize many women see a single guy and think: "No ambition, commitment or potential" however when they see a guy who is with someone, immediately this light goes on: "HE must have something I want if that arm candy he's holding wants him so badly."
Why is that ladies?
People who had decided to cease contact with me for my "extreme" views have mostly called to appologize for being so wrong.
My puppy dog's x-rays came back clear and he's happy to be home but not as happy as I am to have him back.
I was taking the road less travelled so I wasn't in too many social circles...but I just popped my head back up for a few moments here and there and people I haven't seen in ages are saying hello.
I can afford to eat well and have a roof over my head.
Almost none of that was so in 2013...or 2012...maybe even some of 2011...ahhh, who am I kidding, except for the dog...maybe 2007.
I have no complaints about what the year has shown me so far but I would be remiss not to mention that it isn't 2015 yet and a lot can happen in that time to change my mind on this post but for now...it's all good.
Kinda strange to be honest in light of everything...I'm expecting something really bad to happen just to even out all the recent good fortune.
I hope things begin to look up for all y'all where ever you may be.

-Peace-

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

2013 was one of the worst year of my life.

i'm dealing with 2014 with an attitude of, i'll do what i have to do.

to a neighbor who was dealing drugs, i said i was willing to die, go to jail, hospital or whatever but there would be no repeat of last year, so far he's kept the low lifw out of his appartment.

i'm now in a library, a "friend" was visiting a neighbor, his creature of the night girlfriend was screaming in the hallway.

i snuck away, i don't need the drama.

i never killed anyone, but living in this neighborhood i sympathyse with everyone who was pushed to the point of snuffing one of these druggies.

this is the year i propably won't make it, whether i end up in jail or dead, i have no intention of putting up with any bs from these anti social scum.

either 2014 is better than last year, or to hell with everything.

i wish everyone a good year, but my hope is not high.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

Dang!!!! That's some dark stuff. I'm sorry that is what you're dealing with. Just hold on and try very hard to stay on the sunny-side of the street.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Holy cow!! Here.. Ill share my luck with you badluck schleprocks!! ( Fred Flintstone reference.. google it if you dont know)

2014 is going great over my way. Touch the computer screen, repeat " advantage is awesome" 3 times, and pat your head at the same time... and you too will enjoy a little piece of the luckiness.

**poof**

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Sorry to hear of your bad start to the year. And I know how bad crohns can get, As a friend suffers from this. Mine has been unspectacular. I just feel like I'm just waiting for everything to click into place. Divorce, House sale I'm just .....waiting. And its slightly annoying now. But I know things will eventually get better. It's just I always seem to be waiting for things what are out of my control grrrrr.... And hang in there, I'm sure things will get better for you to
..... Good luck

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I tried to avoid this thread, trying to be as positive as I can following 2013, which was hands down the worst year of my life. I just thought that if I could make it to the new year, things would turn around.

Seems that the majority of responses are serving a (hopefully) cathartic purpose, so yeah, this year had been rough so far.

We all face struggles in this life, and I know my own, as hard as they are to face, pale in comparison to what others are dealing with.

Love to all that are struggling, my mantra the past several months has been "keep moving forward."

Dark humor helps as well, so at the worst, think of your ancestors, who fought off friggin saber tooth tigers. To lay down an unsupported quote:

"You are the end result of billions of years of improbable circumstances and unsure, hard-fought survival. #&@+*¡%= act like it."

Best to all, keep moving forward...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yep lost my job! So I am now in on the crappy 2014! WOOT!

Also job searching, some of the requirements are completely outlandish, how do they even fill these spots... if the jobs are even real.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Jan 4, me and 60-+ other residents are pulled from our beds at 400am from the apartment building, by firemen, due to some boiler-pipes-water issues, and I went and stayed with my mom, and many others were put in a motel, and this was for about 2 weeks.
Today, I regrettably decided to see what horror stories were out there of these piles of garbage called human beings, leaving animal companions outside to freeze to death. Lots of 'people' in my area jail their other beings outside 24/7 because my state doesn't give a rats ass about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

went home from library to find that my neighbors accross the street had their appartment burglarized.

the police were all over last two days, knocking on doors, looking for people.

things are better, three crack dealers moved out of the neighborhood in the past year.

but the creatures of the night still roam the streets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join