It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having a crappy 2014?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
2014 has not been kind to me thus far... I've gone through anger mode and am now in "just need to laugh at this" mode...

How my year has been so far.

January 1st- driving home from Michigan back to Chicago. Massive snow storm, car gets hit on expressway and a 3 hour drive takes 11 hours to get home

Week later- I find out my little niece has an eating disorder and is cutting herself... (side note- she is getting treatment now and things are going better, still an uphill battle)

2 days after that- Furnace breaks (house is in the low 40's as I wait for it to be fixed), remember, Chicago has had one of its coldest winters of all-time

1 week later - get very sick from a crohn's flare up and need to be hospitalized

Then my toilet breaks

1 week after that- My washing machine breaks

2 days ago- My garage door just broke

Not saying my problems are huge compared to others, but man, 2014 has really sucked so far for me... I hope the others of ATS are doing better than I am, but I guess if you allow every thing to get you down, you will constantly be down, the way I'm trying to battle this streak of neverending bad luck is by laughing at it...

I'm calling 2014, The Year of the Everything I Own Must Break, year...

Cheers to my misery!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Everyone that I know is going through a hard time somehow this year.

Yeah, 2014 has sucked so far.

My boiler also went on the fritz on a 10 degree night a few weeks ago.

edit on 4-2-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

mikeone718
reply to post by jhn7537

I know! And I was just listing personal stuff.. I guess I could state that in Chicago in the month of January we had 33.8" of snow fall, the 3rd highest month ever... That just adds to the crap... And all the days where we had wind chills of -30 to -50 below zero really sucked too...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

It's not just you.
I am having a bit of a crappy start this year.
People that I know agree.
Oh, and the stock market fell a bit. 'Correction' according to those that can afford to lose it.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, I'm in MI and besides, like you, worst winter in a long while, I have to agree personally as well.

Started on New Years eve. Son's fist fighting, getting hubby involved.

Legal trouble for one son, not the normal one.

Grandbaby momma had promised she would never keep them from me, but hasn''t contacted or responded in 3 weeks.

Hubby lost his job.

Friend just lost her longtime roommate, at home in his recliner.

Plus a few other bad things, I'd rather not post.

I'm trying to look at this positively, and think of this year as "Cleaning up issues that need to be resolved" Year.

It's not really working out for me though.

So yeah, so far, so bad.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Yea, it really sucks when you have a lot of personal crap going on, that alone can be hard to deal with, but when you compound it with one of the crappiest winters we've seen in a LONG time it just makes it that much worse...

Oh yea, and my town has another 6-7" of snow coming at 6pm tonight... Yay!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by jhn7537

It's not just you.
I am having a bit of a crappy start this year.
People that I know agree.
Oh, and the stock market fell a bit. 'Correction' according to those that can afford to lose it.

Yea, I didn't even think about adding that to my OP, the stock market in January was just plain brutal, one of the worst January's in years...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
YES!
A crappy year so far.
Last year was super-crappy, so I had high hopes for 2014.

The long range forecast? More crappy.

I'm sorry everyone is having a rough time.
Really hope everything changes for ALL of us.

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I seem to be going through money at an amazing clip. I had no idea fixing my car would cost so much, I've already gone through all my savings. Oh well, at least I have an old car to drive now. DMV fees were a grand. damnit life sucks

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yep. Mine started at the end of December, and into this year. Mom died. My dad fell got a concussion, broke his toe. Then he had to move out of his house (no imcome from my mother) and I had to move him. There is so much more but thats just a few highlights.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well, I guess the saying is true, misery does love company...hahaha

Thanks for all the shares so far... I do feel for each of you too, lets hope February is kinder to us and that we can turn all this BS around!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

This could turn into the longest thread ever posted lol. If you changed the title to who's not having a crappy 2014 you probaly wouldn't of even got a single reply. You Think January was bad for the markets. Take a look at today's and more to come.

edit on 4-2-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
For sure this year has not proven very positive, YET. However, most of the issues going on in my life are just spill over from 2013.
That being said, most of the worries I had going into the new year have so far fizzled out. *fingers crossed.
I just keep reminding myself "This too shall pass", and it does.
No matter how bad things get, if you can still wake up every day, have friends and family that love you, have a roof over your head, clothes on your back and food to eat, you should be grateful. Everything else is extra. Gratitude goes a long way in putting one's life in perspective.
That is my philosophy anyway...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Just relax and soon you will get your green eyed woman to lift your curse mister Lo

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

jhn7537

mikeone718
reply to post by jhn7537

And all the days where we had wind chills of -30 to -50 below zero really sucked too...

What happens on days like that? Are the kids allowed to stay home from school?
I thought our polar vortex in nyc was bad...30 below might make me consider moving to brazil.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Me, being a small business employee, see no light at the end of the tunnel either. We have been here 30 years and always made money. Now all of a sudden, nothing. Everybody is broke.

I work for a mechanic shop and when peoples cars break down, they simple can't afford to fix them. Often they sit here for months and I eventually have to get rid of them.

This is the bottom of the bottom for this economy. Somethings got to give! Good luck everyone and try to stay positive (yea right).

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

My sister figures the electric company did it when they turned off the power for 3 days to do something or another, but...
1. Her furnace broke and is not fixable
2 a week later her refrigerator quit and they bought a new one
3 a day later her microwave broke
4. the coffee pot broke
5 the TV now is going on and off

My other sisters daughter had to have surgery she is 12 and has to wear a body cast of months.
My sister is only in her fifties but got cataracts suddenly, they did surgery and injured her eye.
Their dishwasher flooded the hardwood floors
Then their basement flooded!

My toilet is making gurgling sounds when i run the washer, our battery in the car just up and dies all kinds of other freaky stuff if i had time to remember all the stuff..

Yes bad year so far!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

mikeone718

jhn7537

mikeone718
reply to post by jhn7537

And all the days where we had wind chills of -30 to -50 below zero really sucked too...

What happens on days like that? Are the kids allowed to stay home from school?
I thought our polar vortex in nyc was bad...30 below might make me consider moving to brazil.

Yea, on the days that were below 30 degrees schools were all canceled... I think there's been 4 cold temperature no school days in January this year

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Still to soon to say but much better than past couple years so far

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, I've ranted here before on certain subjects, but hey, life still sucks so what the heck. The end of my positive outlook on thing started at the end of 2012 when I was supposedly temporarily laid off from my well paying job that I had for almost 8 yrs. It wasn't a high paying job, but my bills were always paid and I was able to ride my dirt bike almost every weekend with my brother in law. Let me tell you, there is nothing else in the world like blasting through the woods without a care in the world. Just you and the woods breezing by and the sweet sound of my dirt bike. i have only rode twice since those good old days. that's twice in about a year. So, back to my rant. My so called temporary lay off turned into a permanent one and besides working about 2 months since then at a job I was too inexperienced at and eventually got fired from, unemployment has become like a bad infection that nobody has a cure for. I have now applied for food stamps, (Aren't you proud of me Mr President?) and after more than a week, I still don't know if we qualify!!! My rent is due soon among other bills coming up and the stress and depression at times have led me to the edge of thinking about this rather large bridge that is at least 300 ft high. Now I know I seem to be crying a river, but all I want is to be able to get back on my feet and have somewhat of a life again and not worry about being homeless and destitute. Somehow though, you would think that i am asking for just way too much!!! Maybe it is. I really don't know what keeps me going, hoping and praying for that one call back and somebody on the other line to say, hey, I read your application and would really like you to come in for an interview. Some will say it's GOD just testing me. Well, hey! I'm tired of these stupid tests!! Just let me have a life again,ok? My heart goes to all those suffering likewise and more for some good fortune to come their way during these trying times in our lives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join