It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passing car throws beer on the wrong guy...an armed one.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So a couple of Florida idiots are driving down the street drinking when they decide it would be really funny to douse some innocent bystander with beer.
I have been a victim of this kind of idiocy in the past, I have seen drivers intentionally swerve into puddles to splash people walking down the street for their own amusement and so forth and it infuriates me to no end, makes me wish I had a brick to throw.
Well the victim here got into his car followed the pair and opened fire (which is wrong, you should shoot from where you were standing
No one was hit or injured, the shot went through the windshield and out the passenger window, and the original victim was charged with a few counts of this and that (see link).
My problem is the drunken frat boy type idiots that started the whole thing weren't charged at all! No dui, no open container nothing. I call BS!
Zelda

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I hate to one line ya on the first reply but...that's par for the course here in FL.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

During the confrontation in the cars, the driver of the Jeep reportedly threw a second beer at Estrada after he realized he was being shot at.

You don't bring a beer to a gun fight. You have to at least bring a knife.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

So drunken frat type behavior is ok and supported in Florida? I mean I've heard all the Fl. stereotypes but really?
I'm not saying the shooter shouldn't be charged (out loud) but the instigators get off scot free? Clownshoes.
Or should I say Mouse ears?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

It is permissible to bring a beer to a gun fight, just hold it in your non gun hand.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

abe froman
reply to post by GMan420

It is permissible to bring a beer to a gun fight, just hold it in your non gun hand.

Good point. I just meant it shouldn't be the only thing you bring.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
No one was charged for destruction of perfectly good beer?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I doubt people driving around drinking and throwing beer on people are drinking "GOOD" beer.
Destruction of PBR is not a crime.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I live here in Orlando the land of colleges everywhere. I have never lived in a place with more careless dangerous people...and this applies most especially to the drivers here. I fight with myself every day, as a long boarder here in the city, about carrying my gun while I'm traveling because of how I might react in a situation just like that...or the more common one of being almost run over only to have the driver act like I'm wrong because I was in his way...as I'm crossing a cross walk or on the sidewalk passing the entrance to somewhere. It's honestly insane here and with the amount of schools in such a small area it's filled with thoughtless teens and yes tons of drunk frats. Do a google search for most dangerous cities for pedestrians and you'll find 4 of the top 5 are here in FL.

ETA: It's also a felony to throw any object at someone from a moving vehicle...something along the lines of the object being a missile and such. So as wrong as that guy was they should both be sitting in county... sorting it out together in a cozy cell

edit on 4-2-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The shooter should be charged.
He had no reason to fire his weapon.

The drunken fools with the beer should have been charged also.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

This.

He was an irresponsible gun owner, turning a beer incident into a wild west horse chase and shootout. That isn't the behavior of people I know who have CCW

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've had coke cola spat at me from a white van. God was I pissed off. Wish I had a gun at that time or a friggin baseball bat.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

This.

He was an irresponsible gun owner, turning a beer incident into a wild west horse chase and shootout. That isn't the behavior of people I know who have CCW

inyour
10-4... save that pistol in your pocket for ' preventive maintenance '.
That guy's right up there with Zimmerman in the ' you're no help ' department.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

This.

Exactly.
If you even pull your weapon (at which point you are brandishing it), you had better have reason to fear for your own life or limb... or for others there with you.

Just pulling a weapon without just cause is enough to bring charges against you in most states.

A guy throwing a beer at you (even in an unopened can) is not a threat to life and limb, IMO.
edit on bu282014-02-04T14:15:32-06:0002America/ChicagoTue, 04 Feb 2014 14:15:32 -06002u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

EnigmaAgent
I've had coke cola spat at me from a white van. God was I pissed off. Wish I had a gun at that time or a friggin baseball bat.

What's wrong with your fists? Presuming that guy wasn't insane and instead in need of a touch of compassion?

Ain't nothing wrong with a sock in the eye. In the big city the cops may disagree. Around here....its not uncommon for boss/employee disputes to be resolved with a roll in the dirt and some punches thrown. In the oilfield and on the ranches, anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

EnigmaAgent

Does that not tell you something about people having ready access to guns? Just being angry and you're willing to kill someone?

I don't know, sounds unreasonable to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

There is a difference in fantasizing or entertaining a thought which makes you feel better in a moment of extreme anger and actually acting upon it. I mean when I say I go back and forth with myself it's more to make the point of how it affects me when people do these stupid things. Not that I really feel like I would shoot someone one day over almost hitting me. Also as always there will be those that just are impulsive and there isn't much you can do about that...

ETA: also who cares about the fact it was a gun...had he had any other weapon he would have used it, and there is a list too long for me to write of weapons that can be lethal.
edit on 4-2-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Sure he could throw his fists through the window, or a bat.

But he wished for a gun.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
When I read through the thread and before I read the article, I imagined someone driving by, throwing some beer on a guy walking along side the street and the guy drawing a weapon and firing into the rear window of a car moving away from him.

But apparently Estrada gave chase, which I think he's perfectly within his legal rights to do and which I'm not certain I find anything but commendable. It was during his pursuit that the shooting incident happened.

According to deputies, Estrada said he shot at the Jeep because he thought it was coming right for him.

Do we know if this was true? Because if it is, it changes the scenario completely.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

THEY...were PURSUED (chased)by a man with a gun....which he had no right to do. That was an asinine move for him. And stupid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join