It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs chemical weapons when you have barrel bombs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

www.reuters.com...

Over 100,000 dead, and the emboldened dictator presses onward with his massacre.

John Kerry admits Syria policy failing, kinda..

www.washingtontimes.com...

Obama drew a red line, then backed away from it and claimed that it was effective in his state of the union address. Assad may as well have been given a green light. The country is falling apart, the infiltration of Al Qaeda and others have only added to the misery of the Syrian people. How can the president claim his diplomacy and policies were successful while the murderer/dictator continues the slaughter?

edit on 4-2-2014 by ausername because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"RAH RAH The us should mind its own business and leave the rest of the world alone!!"
"The us doesn't own the world stop trying to police other country's"

"Why wont you come and help us!?!?! You're monsters, how can you allow this mad man to kill us"
"How can you sit back and let our people be murdered!?!?"

Make up your mind.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

to be perfectly honest,I don't care about a third world country living in mud huts.I hope they all kill each other,so we can get the oil! Ok,skip the oil,just less people for the US to be concerned with.As long as they fight each other,less for the US to worry about

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

Yeah, that is one way of looking at it I suppose.

No words here can help the average Syrian people caught up in this, nor does it change the fact that most of them now blame the US administration and its waffling polices for the ongoing horrific nightmare they are trying to live through.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

ausername
abcnews.go.com...

www.reuters.com...

Over 100,000 dead, and the emboldened dictator presses onward with his massacre.

John Kerry admits Syria policy failing, kinda..

www.washingtontimes.com...

Obama drew a red line, then backed away from it and claimed that it was effective in his state of the union address. Assad may as well have been given a green light. The country is falling apart, the infiltration of Al Qaeda and others have only added to the misery of the Syrian people. How can the president claim his diplomacy and policies were successful while the murderer/dictator continues the slaughter?

edit on 4-2-2014 by ausername because: fixed link

And whats your solution?

Send 1000's of our best and brightest young, to do the job syrians should be doing.

Where is the demand to stop the slaughter that happens in Sub Sahara Africa on a near Constant basis?

*crickets*

OH right,

No resources.

America is crumbling under the debt of these type of Foreign boon dongles, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

America is NOT the Worlds Police, NOR should it be.

Stop trying to make it that.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You all need to look at the bigger picture of why the US and Israel are trying to weaken all these middle eastern countries.
There is a long term plan here to destabilize all these countries and Russia as well. To weaken them militarily and economically for a reason that no one talks about.

In the very near future Israel is going to take Jerusalem as it's Capital completely and rebuilt Solomon's temple where the Dome Of the Rock now sits. This will require the destruction of The Dome of the Rock.
What do you think will happen when they do this?
The whole Arab world as well as Russia will come against Israel. It is written in, and we all know how the Zionists have been using Prophecy since the birth of Israel, to guide their future.
This is the reason why all this instability is going on, driven by the CIA and Mossad, Zionists, and Evangelical Christians in the US, who are trying to usher in the return of the Messiah.
They will weaken the whole region before they move , so that any blow back from Arab's will be easier to deal with.
Israel knows America will take care of Russia to protect her.
It's all coming soon people, there's a reason for all this death and destruction...
self full filling prophecy...

edit on 4-2-2014 by mark1167 because: add

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Barrels of Blatz caused a lot of very intensive gas to be formed. I see what you mean OP

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

benrl

I'm not the one who stuck our nose into this mess in the first place. Our fearless leader seeking to score a politically motivated "diplomatic" victory did. And despite the worsening situation claims his policies were successful.

If it was up to me, we would always refrain from any involvement in that region of the world except where it directly threatens our security. Should we give him a pass for making the situation worse, not better?

If so, then lets move on to bigger and better things like our own domestic issues... And avoid these tedious distractions.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

ausername

benrl

I'm not the one who stuck our nose into this mess in the first place. Our fearless leader seeking to score a politically motivated "diplomatic" victory did. And despite the worsening situation claims his policies were successful.

If it was up to me, we would always refrain from any involvement in that region of the world except where it directly threatens our security. Should we give him a pass for making the situation worse, not better?

If so, then lets move on to bigger and better things like our own domestic issues... And avoid these tedious distractions.

There exist in America, An industry that Strives on Conflict.

It is promoted in the Media.

It is absorbed by the Masses.

It generates outcry.

It gets people like YOU to demand intervention.

Its the manufactured business of Selling WAR to the american people, IN THE NAME OF PREVENTING DEATH.

IT is a sick perversion of the "good" nature of the Avg American, they use your empathy to rape the world.

Congrats for falling for it.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You went off the rails, you've missed the point and the bigger picture here, sorry I can't help you with that.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

ausername
reply to post by benrl

You went off the rails, you've missed the point and the bigger picture here, sorry I can't help you with that.

Good luck.

Whats the bigger picture?

That Syria,

IS a thorn in Israel and Saudi side.

Its invasion was planned well before 911, along with wait for it...

“We’re going to take out 7 countries in 5 years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan & Iran..”

-General Wesley Clark

SO who is missing the bigger picture?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

General Clark is wrong, we haven't "taken out" any of those countries, if anything all we have done is further destabilize the entire region by our waffling ineffective polices and completely wrong use of force. Worse, covert operations have aided the very people we have in the past identified as our enemies.

Really, all we need to do is step back and watch the atrocities from a safe distance as the entire region goes into chaos.

Yes, we can.

I suppose it is easier to look the other way now, as we are a country so deep in debt, and there is nothing for us to gain from a military intervention to save an unworthy people from further crimes against humanity. Right?

Hey, if you're okay with this, then who am I to say anything, maybe you're right, and your picture is bigger than mine.

It's all good now, thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Right or wrong, The intentions to invade have always been there.

ITS THE FACT that people in command, already have the agenda you should be focusing on.

ALL that is needed is the Excuse, and ensuing public outcry.

AT this rate the next big thing will be Assad taking school buses full of children and puppies, and drowning them.

WAR is hell, that simple, every day children die, in mass, all over the world.

Yea buy into that SYRIA is where we need to be.

ETA:

You know what I would love (and they tried it before) A law that required every military action to be voted on by the populous, and than, those of military service age that voted yes, have to go.

Maybe then

All those chicken hawks who want to sacrifice AMERICAN young in the name of Foreign interest would shut the hell up.
edit on 4-2-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Agreed - What happens in Africa barely makes the news. I find it more disturbing. Syria is getting so much attention from the media so that we as unintelligent Americans will go along with an invasion plan to bring home the oil, er I mean establish peace and democracy.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

benrl

Right or wrong, The intentions to invade have always been there.

ITS THE FACT that people in command, already have the agenda you should be focusing on.

ALL that is needed is the Excuse, and ensuing public outcry.

There was no intention to invade, only to use the Syrian crisis as an opportunity for political gain. Just like Iran and diplomacy there, the Obama administration needs to get an agreement, even if it doesn't ultimately resolve the long term problems.

You speak as if there would need to be some grand military intervention in Syria, when in reality a few well planned surgical strikes followed by a strong warning to change course from a REAL leader would end it and potentially save thousands of lives.

No we chose to accept an agreement to hand over the chemical weapons, because that is the best our leadership could do, in exchange for ignoring war crimes and crimes against humanity, and doing nothing to end further atrocities against a people begging for our help.

There is no public outcry, people don't understand, see, or care about the pain and suffering in Syria that now our ineffective leadership and their policies have contributed to.

There will be no war, there will be no intervention, no invasion. Just more of the same.

Pay attention to the media, they bring us the really important stuff... The news in this thread is simply not worthy of any more thought or TIME.

See ya.

edit on 4-2-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So your saying the US should aid the Al Qaeda insurgents?

I think what happens in Syria is none of the US's business. Let it's neighbors address the problem.
Americans are not going to stand for helping jihadists. Americans are not going to stand for helping Assad.

More US involvement is only going to caused more middle eastern hatred of the US, regardless of the side we aid.

In other words: Not our chair, not our problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I think we could have been on the side of humanity. Let God sort out the Christians, Alawites, Sunnis, Jihadists/Al Qaeda etc.

The problems here began with an EMPTY threat from the white house. These people, all of those groups only have respect for strength and leadership. Real leadership.

Syria never required an invasion, occupation and forced regime change, they only needed a little help when it would have made a huge difference.

Too little too late now, whats done is done.

Enjoy the daily show, do your best to avoid the most graphic materials from Syria. No one really needs to see that disturbing stuff. Why ruin your day?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Syrians have much more than.....than the US/UK/France to blame....
Theres Turkey, UAE,Quatar, Israel,Lebanon,and probably a few others involved....
This is really a war for religious dominance there....
Shias against Sunnis....the pipeline is secondary to the brotherhood.....they want another Islamic state....

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

stirling
The Syrians have much more than.....than the US/UK/France to blame....
Theres Turkey, UAE,Quatar, Israel,Lebanon,and probably a few others involved....

Yeah, but the US president drew a red line at the use of chemical weapons, and then when it was proven that chemical weapons had been used the US President's administration backed away from that line, and went for a "diplomatic agreement" from the Assad regime, internationally negotiated and brokered by Syria's Ally Russia.... Basically forgiving all war crimes and atrocities (crimes against humanity) in favor of an agreement to surrender the chemical weapons following inspections.

If you were a member of a Syrian family caught up in this and now again living in fear of attacks at any moment... Who do you blame?

If I pick a fight with you, then warn you to not cross the line between us, and then you do, and I back away.. What does that say about me?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

I'm assuming none of your family or friends live in Syria? Your statement seems a little heartless unless you are sure you would have that opinion if you, your family &/or children were in the same predicament as the innocent victims caught up in a civil war. I don't advocate getting the military involved but to qualify as a member of the human race i would have thought it incumbent on all of us to show some humanity & compassion towards those who don't enjoy the freedoms we do. If we rely on the hero's from our past who gained those freedoms for us while doing nothing to help others who are struggling for the same, we qualify as hypocrites. We should do what we can to help people (wherever they are) to gain what we in the west enjoy as a right.
edit on 5-2-2014 by bismarket because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join