It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden (placed?) object found in a Gigapan photo

page: 3.
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

ProfessorChaos
reply to post by nomickeyshere

Please post a screenshot, because I give up trying to see this thing.

It's the one Okiedokie has posted above.

OkieDokie

Is this the area you are talking about?

~OkieDokie

edit on 4-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Mianeye

ProfessorChaos

OkieDokie

~OkieDokie

Wow. I saw that on my own based on the instructions previously given and thought "Nah, that couldn't be what the OP is on about". THAT is what this thread is all about?!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Dear Prof Chaos:
Yes , this is the object...I have looked extensively around the entire panorama for anything similar, even anything of a white color without success. Depending on how the resolution on one's computer screen is, this object is perfectly round on top, the circular ribs on the side are perfectly spaced...wondering if this is an inside joke that a NASA person inserted... but the fact this object seems to be "nestled" or placed there is an additional thing to think about when one wonders why it is there!

J

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

raedar

That's it! Is that a normal photo artifact?

thanks for circling the area. I have no idea what is normal and not normal on photo artifacts. I defer to ATS photography experts. there are some good ones on here.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

raedar

howmuch4another

raedar

howmuch4another
interesting small silver reflection among the rocks 1/3 down from top far left of photo. you have to zoom. probably just a reflection of a quartz like rock.

Is it a perfect looking white circle? I saw that. It looks like an orb.

Got a screen shot but can't upload pics. I'm probably missing a step.

That's it! Is that a normal photo artifact? Here's the area circled for others to view. It's on the left hand side. Use the dirt path looking thing as reference. You can see it pretty clearly without even fully zooming in.

Very obviously and clearly a white fluff floater, Marsmal! Great find, they are not that common, not like the droplet shaped black fluff floaters.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As I said earlier, just a white rock with another rock or dust on top of it to make it look like a circle top.

But the best thing on the thread is "The Butt" (as it will forever be known in Mars lore).

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

nomickeyshere
reply to post by Mianeye

Dear Prof Chaos:
Yes , this is the object...I have looked extensively around the entire panorama for anything similar, even anything of a white color without success. Depending on how the resolution on one's computer screen is, this object is perfectly round on top, the circular ribs on the side are perfectly spaced...wondering if this is an inside joke that a NASA person inserted... but the fact this object seems to be "nestled" or placed there is an additional thing to think about when one wonders why it is there!

J

No disrespect was intended in my comment, it's just that we see LOTS of these threads about random things noticed by people in photos from Mars, and it is always just rocks.
While I understand one's desire to see indicators of either a cover-up on the part of NASA, Fossils, or of ancient civilizations on the red planet, all I have ever seen in these threads is rocks and wishful thinking.
Why then do I look? Because I too, would love to see incontrovertible evidence of one of those things. So far, I've been disappointed.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well I don't see what the OP sees, but I think I know where Nessi originated...

The Nessi fossil...

And yes, I know it is just a rock...
edit on 4-2-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

SgtHamsandwich
I SEE A BUTT!!

You seen it here first folks. A butt on Mars.

It appears that you have cracked the case wide open and it reeks to high heaven.

OT:
That does seem peculiar. It doesn't really look like sunlight or anything like that. Maybe a stage hand left his cup-o'-joe in the shot?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well I can't see a coffee cup or anything similar but what I can see is what would appear to be broken up footings/foundations to the centre and right. Is there wind on mars? I only ask as there seems to be areas of erosion that would be consistent with water erosion and if water hasn't been around for sometime then I would have thought these channels would have filled with sand or similar over time? There seems to be a large amount of true straight edges in the image but if they were caused by water they would run in the same direction as it is they seem to run at almost right angles?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Like most people here that have been suckered into searching for this amazing artifact, in the lower left of the picture...

I now have severe eye bleed, and a headache, only to find that it was sneakily hiding far left, mid height!

However, I did manage to spot an excavator bucket, a few bones, humanoid skull, and some Mayan carvings along the way.

Oh, and an old penny piece.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
And another five minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Mug................on Mars....................pffft.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Good find, flagged and starred from me.. Looks like the 'vase' has just been placed there.. Probebly a prank from NASA, you might even win a prize for finding that... cheers

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

ok i found it. the idea of a mug is a bit of a push. I do see the white kind of circular edge to something though.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

My apologies for the wild goose chase...it was my first post and I was unable to paste in the picture.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I think it worked to your benefit this time, but let it happen again and you may get slaughtered by the hounds of ATS!

I'm starring and flagging because to me it seems three dimensional and concave. It looks just like a coffee cup of some sort. Do aliens have a Starbucks?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Dear fylgje;

Thanks...it was very stressful not getting this started correctly
But i'll take your words as a boost for next time

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
nmh,
That "object" you see is light coming through from the back of the rock formation. It's really obvious when you understand how lighting and shadows fall.

Nothing to see here, other than lots of rocks and dust, and butts and skeletons...
edit on 4/2/14 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Mianeye

ProfessorChaos

OkieDokie

~OkieDokie

That is water under that rock.

If you heat up a cubic foot of Mars soil, you can harvest around two pints (one liter) of water. According to new data returned by NASA’s Curiosity rover, this isn’t just a one-off lucky find, either: It seems that most of the dirt on Mars harbors large amounts of water.

www.extremetech.com...
edit on 4-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

sirric
nmh,
That "object" you see is light coming through from the back of the rock formation. It's really obvious when you understand how lighting and shadows fall.

Nothing to see here, other than lots of rocks and dust, and butts and skeletons...
edit on 4/2/14 by sirric because: (no reason given)

This one is cool to me

edit on 4-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join