It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden (placed?) object found in a Gigapan photo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for understanding...nothing seems intuitive here....trying to copy portion of image onto this forum without luck...see me reply as to locating the object from tracing straight line from right edge of Mars Science Logo up to first rocks...find triangle shaped shadow...object is in here...this is only hi res photo of this area I have been able to locate.
J

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thanks for posting the main panorama for me...look straight up from right edge of the Mars Science Logo below right side of photo to first boulder sitting on top of flat rock..look at full zoom into triangular shadow...see it there.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nomickeyshere

I see a lot of things...

Did you notice the dolphin/ crock at the bottom left corner?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

nomickeyshere
I haven't seen this object talked about elsewhere...so here goes:

In a Gigapan photo constructed impreprex of Curiosity Rover photos on sol 107 / 109:

www.gigapan.com... ,

there is an object wedged between two boulders in the lower right portion of the photo. This object is very clear on this hi-res photo and appears to be purposely tucked under these rocks. It is a white, perfectly formed:
1. Coffee Mug or
2. A ceramic - type plant pot.

When one looks at this object in relation to the photo, it is startling.

Looking for answers, speculation, discussion
Thanks
J White

There are some very interesting rocks both behind and to the right of the alleged "cup." The area looks like an ancient riverbed because of the way the sand and rocks are placed as well as the erosion. The rocks behind and to the right, in piles it appears, have very unique features, they have holes through them, so I have to wonder if there is a porous rock like limestone or sandstone in that area that might also submit to air erosion. Only one problem, many of the holes in the rocks are vertical, air seeks a path generally that is horizontal, where water will gravity feed. The holes in many of the rocks indicate that if water was the motivating factor for erosion that the gravity on Mars at some point in the ancient past was higher that it is today, which doesn't seem probable. So WTF are those other rocks doing there totally out of place?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I think I see what you're pointing at in your directions, but all I see is a white rock covered a little by sand. It seems most of the rocks on mars are white, but they are covered with the reddish/brown dust. When they are wiped clean, or turned over (as in the case of the rock that "jumped" in front of the rover) they look white. This one may be protected by the rocks around it, and has stayed white or been dusted by wind swirls.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You equate a small spec of white to a cup!! or plant pot??

Man I wish they wouldn't release any more photos of Mars...

edit on thamkTue, 04 Feb 2014 11:11:48 -0600am28America/ChicagoTue, 04 Feb 2014 11:11:48 -060011 by Sakrateri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

How could there be anything like a lizard or such without any traces of vegetation, small animals/insects (or their traces) or anything which is even in the hottest and most dry deserts of Earth to be found?

Most of the Marsmals live on mineral consumption. This one huge photo has a ton of life crawling, flying and digging, Marsmals in it but they are hard to distinguish from rock because the photos are not sharp when zoomed, as they wish it.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: sp

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

nomickeyshere
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for understanding...nothing seems intuitive here....trying to copy portion of image onto this forum without luck...see me reply as to locating the object from tracing straight line from right edge of Mars Science Logo up to first rocks...find triangle shaped shadow...object is in here...this is only hi res photo of this area I have been able to locate.
J

Ok, now i see it, you have to zoom way in between those rocks.

Yes, it does look like a cup, But i think it's sunlight hitting the ground behind those rocks.

Funny little one

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Did someone say Mars Lizard? I trot this one out when lizards are mentioned. It eats rock flies, rock mealy-worms, and rocks:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Sakrateri
You equate a small spec of white to a cup!! or plant pot??

Man I wish they wouldn't release any more photos of Mars...

edit on thamkTue, 04 Feb 2014 11:11:48 -0600am28America/ChicagoTue, 04 Feb 2014 11:11:48 -060011 by Sakrateri because: (no reason given)

I am not sure, but I don't think they make us actually LOOK at the photos.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Char-Lee

Did someone say Mars Lizard? I trot this one out when lizards are mentioned. It eats rock flies, rock mealy-worms, and rocks:

Nice shot there seems to be an abundance of lizard like Marasmals.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Thank you for locating this object with my primitive directions...I don't see how it could be sunlight, especially the exact shape it displays. When I look at it, the minds eye just doesn't want to believe what it it looks like, and secondly, it appears to have been placed there for protection from the elements?!?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
interesting small silver reflection among the rocks 1/3 down from top far left of photo. you have to zoom. probably just a reflection of a quartz like rock.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

howmuch4another
interesting small silver reflection among the rocks 1/3 down from top far left of photo. you have to zoom. probably just a reflection of a quartz like rock.

Is it a perfect looking white circle? I saw that. It looks like an orb.

Got a screen shot but can't upload pics. I'm probably missing a step.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

raedar

howmuch4another

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Is this the area you are talking about?

~OkieDokie

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

howmuch4another

raedar

howmuch4another

That's it! Is that a normal photo artifact? Here's the area circled for others to view. It's on the left hand side. Use the dirt path looking thing as reference. You can see it pretty clearly without even fully zooming in.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yeah, it looks like a cup when you zoom in, but if you zoom out a little you will see what i mean by sunlight.

Also if it were a cup it would be tiny, but it could be NASA is testing us, or trolling us.

Anyway, good find i think, i'm not sure

edit on 4-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Please post a screenshot, because I give up trying to see this thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I SEE A BUTT!!

You seen it here first folks. A butt on Mars.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join