It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An original song inspired by ATS. Y'all a buncha freaks!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I spent a couple of days of my most recent experience with unemployment creating this beautiful work of art about the very thing that had helped me to not go job hunting. I think I might be a little affected.

I'm tentatively calling it Reptilian Sympathizer. Hope somebody chuckles a little, then I won't feel so bad having spent those days not procuring gainful employment and a source of income.

So here it is, for what it's worth, anyway...

edit on Wed Feb 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: replaced vid per OP request

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
...This is actually pretty creative and witty. I liked it and even chuckled slightly - would listen to it again.

Smart use of time, It's not time to go job hunting yet - we can't have that :p You should take another week or two off and create another tune.

edit on 2/4/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
HAH!!!

Pretty funny!

I think your next masterpiece should be called "Butthurt Conspiracy Theorists"....set to Tiny Tims Tiptoe Through the Tulips.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Your faux accent was a little strong in some parts, but the parts that I could understand were good.

Can you post the lyrics? It sounded like you said, "if you don't add rape, you can never have enough guns". Is there a rape that counts as a gun? Do you not want guns involved while making rape?

Lol, what the hell did you say?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

"I live in my mother's basement, so I don't know squat."

Almost sprayed beer!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hahaha. Groovy dude. Clever lyrics.
Looks like ATS has a resident Weird Al/Stephen Lynch.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just saving this so I can listen later.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Bleeeeep

Your faux accent was a little strong in some parts, but the parts that I could understand were good.

Can you post the lyrics? It sounded like you said, "if you don't add rape, you can never have enough guns". Is there a rape that counts as a gun? Do you not want guns involved while making rape?

Lol, what the hell did you say?

Oooh yeah rape isn't good. I would never write a song about it, for sure!

So it's, "Paranoia can be fun. If you're doin' it right, you can never have enough guns."

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Cute. That is all I really have to say.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

calstorm
Cute. That is all I really have to say.

Thanks for that! You could have said something like, "Geez what the hell's in your throat, a golf ball?"

Thinking of having my tonsils removed so I don't sound like Kermit the frog anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by Mon1k3r

"I live in my mother's basement, so I don't know squat."

Almost sprayed beer!

What's even funnier is that's true. I literally live in my mother's basement right now. I knew there was a reason I was living in my mother's basement! I guess I should move out now.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

It's not really an original, I mean the lyrics are, but that's it... The music, the melody is ripped off.

I'm sorry I'm not your typical ATS'er so I'm not all, "REPTILLIAN ! MY GOD ! "

I don't like the original song, so I can't really say I like this. It's neat, I appreciate the effort you put into it, but not for me man. Would have liked to hear something completely original for the same content.

So you opted not to get a job and came up with this? Ever thought of taking a break from ATS?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I think the OP should move in to your basement, then maybe his sense of humor might rub off on you a little.
I think you need a dose of cute.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Fair enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

That's brilliant

You should put up a video with ATS avatars to go with it

Cody

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Hijinx
It's not really an original, I mean the lyrics are, but that's it... The music, the melody is ripped off.

I'm sorry I'm not your typical ATS'er so I'm not all, "REPTILLIAN ! MY GOD ! "

I don't like the original song, so I can't really say I like this. It's neat, I appreciate the effort you put into it, but not for me man. Would have liked to hear something completely original for the same content.

So you opted not to get a job and came up with this? Ever thought of taking a break from ATS?

Yeah, I know. I guess all the overt sarcasm regarding the orignality of this song was missed. Too much? I don't think I'm a typical ATSer either, but I do like to imagine the typical ATSer as someone who would write a song like this. I mean, just freakin' black helos... yeah.

Thanks for appreciating the effort, that's all this was really about. I'm just trying hard to learn how to sing and play at the same time, and also just sing, which could take a minute. I have a lot of original music written, and I'll eventually put some stuff up, I hope you like that better. The more I listen to this, the less I like it too.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

cody599
That's brilliant

You should put up a video with ATS avatars to go with it

Cody

Thanks, man. I was thinking about trying to make like one of those slideshow movies that you see with songs, but I'm really not interested or willing enough to put in the time to break that learning curve.

If anyone else wanted to do that, I would not stop them. I was thinking of taking all the pictures of female reptilian characters from google images and slapping them together, but I have much better ways of wasting my time.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Took the old one down, put up a new one. Tried to move my lips more better...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Your pronunciation is a lot more better, but the reverberation, and lack of improvised commentary, dulls the satirical nature of the song...

Before it was fun -- now it seems forced.

I think you should use the original track and just post lyrics with it (a fun marquee at the bottom of the video).

edit on 2/5/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join