It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive 60 Tons(!) Sarcophagus Discovered at Abydos.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just cant shake that feeling in the back of my mind "neph......"

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I have recently started to wonder why there does not seem to be any hieroglyphics depicting pyramid building.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This discovery remeber me the ominous Saqquara Serapeum hidden in great, long and mystic caves. The 24 sarcophagi that are found here are huge, but simple works in the structure, with theirs 5,50 meters of height for approximately 6 meters of length and 2,05 meters of width and for a total of 60 tons (!) of weight everyone. Some carry of the hieroglyphs on sides, crude and superficial signs that strangely do not bring back represented an Ox or the God Api, which were dedicated (according traditional archeologists).

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Still leaves me questioning whether these were carved at a later date that they originated from.

My reasoning is that an incredibly sophisticated mindset was needed to make these beautiful and perfect monuments etc and they actually didn't (to my mind) need prettying up or snatching the credit for their making. The technological knowledge was clearly stored in a way we haven't yet figured out or, like our records today, were the sun to blast us our stores of knowledge, apart from libraries and written information could disappear, were we unable to repair our systems.

I just don't see a past civilisation with such capability and knowledge even depleted by something unexplainable at the moment, not passing down their knowledge unless they were separated from it by death or something we have yet to discover - there is too big a gap that unexplained. People with artistic capability can work on what is already built but to build it initially there is the mystery for me.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

overanocean

The Anakites, Rephaites, that are said to have descended from whoever the neph were when they were alive on earth before the flood. The existence of this tribe on earth posses questions about how they survived the great flood. They were taken on the ark or where taken off the face of the earth by...... others.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Logarock

overanocean

The Anakites, Rephaites, that are said to have descended from whoever the neph were when they were alive on earth before the flood. The existence of this tribe on earth posses questions about how they survived the great flood. They were taken on the ark or where taken off the face of the earth by...... others.

They were all the Son's of A(nu)NAK. Book Of Numbers (13, 21-29; 32-33)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Just a small point, surely we are left with the conundrum that there isn't enough water on the planet to cause a world-wide flood etc. That is unless we have lost a lot of water in the past, but it doesn't make sense.

With referencing past events to the bible you still have ludicrous stories such as a large group of people with flocks or animals etc living in the desert for a long period of time. Sending manna etc would not necessarily feed flocks etc. Also odd things such as plants needed to make medicines etc - the possibility of this story fades when a reality check comes into the equation.

I must admit to wondering whether parts of the bible have been altered simply to fit into prophesy, or prophesy inserted to give some form of authenticity to the book, despite the claims of complete accuracy being observed by the scribes.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Arken

Logarock

overanocean

They were all the Son's of A(nu)NAK. Book Of Numbers (13, 21-29; 32-33)

RIGHT.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Shiloh7
reply to post by Arken

I must admit to wondering whether parts of the bible have been altered simply to fit into prophesy, or prophesy inserted to give some form of authenticity to the book, despite the claims of complete accuracy being observed by the scribes.

Like what? Just asking.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken, didn't you mean it was found on Mars??

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's just a historic footnote and I can dig up precise references if someone needs it, but it could be oversized for psychological impact to those who found it later.

Alexander The Great was "Great" for a number of reasons. Cheating the Gordian Knot is just one of them (My take...and I'm stickin to it.
)

One of the things he was known to do those was leave empty shells of VERY LARGE armor across the battlefield in ways and places convincing for having dropped there by those wearing it. Those 'Giants' and 'Supermen' of Alexander's Army, who would have worn such outsized armor.

Of course..the items were never worn because no such Supermen ever existed....but the Persians couldn't be sure of that and so, the ruse was recorded in history with mixed results. It wouldn't be the first time tho...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by Arken

Arken, didn't you mean it was found on Mars??

I don't know why, but, on time, I'm quite sure that we could find something like this on Mars.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Shiloh7
reply to post by Arken

Just looking at that huge stone box suddenly made me wonder if we are totally wrong about what we think a sarcophagus actually is or is used for.

If one put a dead mummy in that thing that was 5' - 6' tall it would actually look stupid and tiny which is not the image that the Pharaoh, when alive would have wanted so would not have commissioned that size of box. Doesn't make sense.

Didn't the Egyptians put a sarcophagus within a sarcophagus like Russian nesting dolls? Could this just represent the last covering of what may have been several coffins containing coffins within?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

NavyDoc

Shiloh7
reply to post by Arken

Just looking at that huge stone box suddenly made me wonder if we are totally wrong about what we think a sarcophagus actually is or is used for.

If one put a dead mummy in that thing that was 5' - 6' tall it would actually look stupid and tiny which is not the image that the Pharaoh, when alive would have wanted so would not have commissioned that size of box. Doesn't make sense.

Didn't the Egyptians put a sarcophagus within a sarcophagus like Russian nesting dolls? Could this just represent the last covering of what may have been several coffins containing coffins within?

Bingo! yes they did.
www.hf.uio.no...

"The Egyptian elite was buried in a coffin placed inside another coffin – in ensembles of up to eight coffins. This was intended to ensure the transformation of the deceased from human to deity, according to Anders Bettum, Egyptologist."

“The numerous layers of coffins around the mummy functioned as repeated images of the deceased, but also as protective capsules, similar to the larvae’s pupa before its transformation to a butterfly. Such repeated imagery is a well-known theme in religious art and literature. In the Egyptian coffin sets, they symbolize the eternal, life-giving pendulum of the sun god between heaven and earth – a process in which the ancient Egyptians hoped to participate in their afterlife.”

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Didn't the priests at one time move a bunch of the royal mummies to a location up in the hills, so that their remains would be preserved? I remember hearing something about that. Grave robberies were the reason for the move. Also, in the ancient days, and even up to now, there are people out there who think mummy remains are medicine. I don't think there are such strange reasons for bodies not being where they think they should be, when it's already been proven that many,many were moved up high into the hills.

What do I think of the sarcophagus? I think that there were some really smart folk back then, just as there are now. I don't see why there couldn't be a few who passed their knowledge down to their kids, or apprentices...just as there has always been. They are finding new things all the time in the Egyptian desert, and I'm certain there are more finds to follow.

SK

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Finally proof of a frost giant !

That is one big sarcophagus.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe this was the real Owner of this huge sarcophagus....

Giant Finger Discovered in Egypt

One of The AN(nu)NAK Sons...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I recently watched a video at a friends house which depicted the sarcophagi were used either for sound amplification, or possibly to hold chemicals? The implications were the pyramid's were much older that stated, and some sort of energy device? and that after the tech was lost , the subsequent descendants used them as burial chambers? sorry I'm not sure of the name of the video?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Maybe it was made for this guy?

Gigantopithecus

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Well it cant be considered grave robbing if the ones who entombed themselves there were themselfs grave robbers to begin with. What we have here is centuries of progressive thieving which would all be tantamount to thieving from a thief. The smart thief's redecorated and build an empire out of it all, the latter and not so smart thief's sold the shiny stuff to foreigners or melted it down.

Ah who knows! History is so full of mysteries, maybe the dude ie pharaoh in question just needed all that extra space for his mummified cats or mummified favorite concubines, among all other essentials for the after life that is. Such bags of gold and other shinnies to pay for things, some jam and such foodstuffs just in case you get hungry when dead, and proper attire off course, would not want to meet Anubis looking at your worse now would we.

Now if you were to cram all of that in there it would make for one oversized coffin. Most pharaohs were smarter and put all that in other rooms, this one does not seem to have been to bright and tried to crap things in, must be why his pyramid got jacked from under him... Literally.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join