It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worker returns $43,000 Discovered in Donated Clothing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Michigan thrift store manager finds $43G in donated clothing, returns it to rightful owner

A thrift store manager who found an astonishing $43,000 hidden inside donated clothing did the right thing and handed it all back to its rightful owner.

Tyler Gedelian was stunned to stumble across the $100 bills stuffed inside suits and robes given to his Goodwill store in Monroe, Michigan, Wednesday.

"We might find a quarter in somebody's jeans," he told the Monroe Evening News. "But that blows my mind," the 29-year-old added.
Without even counting up the cash, he contacted cops.

Wow, just wow!!

Police were able to track down the owner of the cash. That man, who asked not to be identified, said he was cleaning out an elderly relative’s closet and took the clothes to Goodwill. He said he never thought to check the pockets. In fact, he didn't even know the money existed.

Hmm, the elderly person must not have trusted the bank, not that I blame them. LOL

Always check the pockets, one can never be to sure
Unfortunately all I find is lint....

Talk about a great find!!!!
And a truly good man to return that much money without being tempted to pocket it

edit on 4-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I just checked my pockets and you will never guess what I found...

...disappointment.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Awesome! How sad is it that when we hear things like this these days it strikes us as an extraordinary act when it should be something so normal that there would be no need report on it?

I would have given it back too..... I might have been slightly weeping when I did it... but I would have done it anyway

I hope good fortune catches up to the one who returned it.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

SgtHamsandwich

...disappointment.

What a coincidence... that's the same thing I find when I look into my future.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I wish the government would take a cue from actions such as this one.

If they could get it thru their heads we are all our brothers keeper this world might be a bit better.

Kudo's to the guy for returning the cash.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I wish the government would take a cue from actions such as this one.

My sentiments exactly

Honesty is still in fashion

Hello, Obama??
You might want to watch and learn

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

This story gives me faith in the american public - there are good people out there - that do the right thing.

God bless that man.

God bless all the people in america that still have a conscience and a good moral heart.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
He's either a very honest man, or a very stupid one. However you look at it.

Can't the owner's estate be taxed on this now, I wonder?
A lot of old people don't believe in banks & just stash it. Criminals too and rich people who don't want to be taxed on it.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
What a fool if that was me i would have kept the money. What i have learned when you return things back when its money you never gain anything in return after you do so.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
What a fool if that was me i would have kept the money. What i have learned when you return things back when its money you never gain anything in return after you do so.

No, but you stop yourself from gaining something… The lust for money.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

Why do you need to gain anything for yourself when doing the right thing concerning someone else? What about the feeling of knowing that you are an honest person? Is that not worth something?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

Agent_USA_Supporter

Why do you need to gain anything for yourself when doing the right thing concerning someone else? What about the feeling of knowing that you are an honest person? Is that not worth something?

Huh?
I starred your post because of this simple line you posted

Kangaruex4Ewe

edit on 4-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

violet

Kangaruex4Ewe

Agent_USA_Supporter

Huh?
I starred your post because of this simple line you posted

Huh, what?

One can hope for good fortune to smile down on someone for doing something kind without believing in the necessity of it to perform that act of kindness.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Kangaruex4Ewe

Agent_USA_Supporter

If it was a $5, $10 or $20...maybe a $50....I might say, let's go get some lunch or split it with my co-worker or put in the register

BUT $43,000????
My guilt from keeping that large amount of money would NOT let me sleep at night
No way could I keep it, nope
I wouldn't feel good about myself

I'd try to figure out to whom it belongs to and return it

----------

ETA: I did have a customer last year give me $100 and she left before I was able to give her change-$84. and some change
So I kept it under the drawer and waited for her to come back.
When she did, I asked her if she left something and she had no idea that she forgot her money
Well I gave it to her and barely got a 'thank you' from her but I felt good knowing I did the right thing

edit on 4-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It need a lot of Courage to give away this huge Amount of Money,
they get my fullest Respect for their inner Strength!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

hen she did, I asked her if she left something and she had no idea that she forgot her money
Well I gave it to her and barely got a 'thank you' from her but I felt good knowing I did the right thing

No worries, I went in to give money to the teller who accidentally gave me too much and he wanted to hug. Sometimes it gets awkward. You're lucky…

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
When my grandfather passed we were helping my grandmother with the house, and there was a crate in the basement filled with ashes from the furnace. We would have taken the whole thing out to the dump, but it was to heavy for us. We wound up emptying it by filling buckets, and when we got to the bottom there was close to $90,000 in gold and silver.

My grandfather liked to prospect when he retired always wandering the hillsides and mountains with a metal detector and divining rods. We were very surprised at what was found, and it really helped my grandmother. If it had been lighter it would have been in the dump.

What is it with older people and stashing valuables? Oh yeah this was back in the early 90s in Arkansa.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was in a pawn shop one day. A goofy little kid rides up on his bicycle, comes in and tells the owner that he bought this cigar box for fifty cents at a garage sale. He opens the cigar box that's lined with thick felt and peels back a false bottom, exposing $500 worth of 24 K gold chains.

There are those who say "finders keepers losers weepers." I say it's one of life's toughest calls.

I'll tell you my taxi stories someday, and tales of all the cold hard cash left behind by swaggering drunk fares.

edit on 4-2-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

...Tyler Gedelian was stunned to stumble across the $100 bills stuffed inside suits and robes given to his Goodwill store in Monroe, Michigan, Wednesday.

Mr Tyler G either has his bug-out-bag already stuffed or he he refused God's attempt to bless him with opportunity & a windfall of $$

Mr G might get to them Pearly gates & wonder why he got there so young ...and St Peter will ask the 29 year old why he did not welcome the untracable stash-of-cash sent to him in used clothing...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

SgtHamsandwich

...disappointment.

I just checked my front pockets, and I felt nuts doing it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join