It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the board acting up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Is it just me or is the board acting weird, I use google chrome on a dell laptop and when I go to scroll down fast it takes the top bar of the board with me, but not the whole thing. And it is in the middle of the page, kinda in the way. Anyone else having this problem?

Stari

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Stari
Is it just me or is the board acting weird, I use google chrome on a dell laptop and when I go to scroll down fast it takes the top bar of the board with me, but not the whole thing. And it is in the middle of the page, kinda in the way. Anyone else having this problem?

Stari

Only thing I noticed was that a post of mine was formatted wrong a while ago right after I edited it. Other than that.. nope.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

yes that is another thing, when I go to edit a post I cannot add a link in edit mode. So I have to do it the hard way, you can't keep a person who knows her way around HTML coding down

Thanks for letting me know. I seem to not be able to post in board questions and where this post should have really been so that is why it is in chit chat.

So how is everyone tonight??? LOL

Stari

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Good thanks Stari. Hows your night been.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

So you found the escape sequence,
be nice and give it to the gorilla ;-)
edit on 4-2-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bally001

So far so good Bally, Hows your night going?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

verschickter
reply to post by Stari

So you found the escape sequence,
be nice and give it to the gorilla ;-)
edit on 4-2-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

I am not sure what you mean? escape sequence? Who is the gorilla?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

In short, an escape sequence is a string of chars (letters) that allows you to work around the functions that would strip some special chars in your post, or char combinations like html or _javascript tags for example. If you find the right sequence you can trick those functions to think all the text has been processed (stripped from those escape chars) and then proceed with your own code that you wrote. This could be a script to upload files on the server, redirect users to another page and so on. This is why HTML tags are mostly deactivated to prevent this type of tampering.

So if you found an escape sequence be mistake or random, please be so kind to notify ATS staff. I think bigfatfurytexan has his hands on the code, if not at least he knows who does.

However, it startles me a bit that you don´t know about it but say you know your way around HTML.
It could be that you think the normal ATS defined tags are HTML and that simply posting a link in plain form will be converted to a link by default most times, is your way "around" HTML.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

It only happened once so maybe my computer just need a reboot, you know to refresh it

Stari

new topics

top topics

join