It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

To touch on the "Two party say so I am against that" of course the two party system is bad for our Country.

Thats the Point to my thread.

If Rand is elected do you not think he would use the Powers for Good or do you think he would use them for Bad.

Whom do you trust. If you trust no one than whats the point to responding to this thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

I understand religion in a certain extent. Yes, the degree which we are headed I can see a turn to find a higher power. But in reality, that gives us an excuse to turn our head.

Politics are evil. Politicians are Evil.

But, there are those that can play both ways and find an "evil medium". That is the best case scenario.

Or else, Hillary will get elected the cycle is done. Religion at that point means nothing.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama23

Hehe... Thanks for the chuckle.

Do you really think the President has any actual real power?

How do you not see that it has been a long time since the U.S has had a REAL President.
They are puppets now... If they don't play ball... You'll see a tragic assassination shortly thereafter.
Or perhaps a sex scandal that can get a President out of office whereas War Crimes don't or committing treason against their citizenry.
I'm not saying Bill Clinton was cut from the same cloth as the rest of them... But c'mon... To get booted from the Presidency for that? He must have said something the puppeteers didn't like... Or perhaps Hillary has the power and when a woman is scorned...
And the only reason Bill ran for office was because the puppeteers didn't believe America was ready for its first female President yet. Hmm... Come to think about it....

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

hoochymama23
But, there are those that can play both ways and find an "evil medium". That is the best case scenario.

If that's the best case scenario the country isn't worth saving in the first place (actually, it never was, but that's for another thread).

The best case scenario is that we stop giving power over our own lives away to other people; that we grow up and realize that the very concept of political governance was a really bad idea from day one.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

hoochymama23
reply to post by Bassago

If Rand is elected do you not think he would use the Powers for Good or do you think he would use them for Bad.

Whom do you trust. If you trust no one than whats the point to responding to this thread.

In my mind Rand Paul didn't even have the guts to stand behind his own father. I'm not one to give way to expediency just because it may give me a political leg up down the road.

As far as responding to this thread, from you OP:

I have been on this site along time and I dont quite understand why the Son of Probably the most revered Politician of our Time isn't recognized??

Just because One decides to systematically change things in a Diplomatic way instead of push his Whole agenda at one time, does it really change the Message that much??

I can't speak for others but I read an article today on Rand speaking to a bunch of students. He's very big on Libertarian values which I agree with. He doesn't however have the internal fortitude to actually become a Libertarian because he's afraid it will marginalize him, and it very well could. But if he doesn't have the courage to stand as what he claims to be I will never support him.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

hoochymama23
reply to post by NthOther

Than, who are you going to trust??

We keep voting them in (I dont, I dont Vote, I live in California)!!!!

The American People need to trust someone dont they?? What is the Answer to a system that keeps Voting for untrustworthy People??

Rand is the Best Available. We need to start looking at Elections like the NFL Draft.

edit on 4-2-2014 by hoochymama23 because: (no reason given)

the entire system is ROTTEN and corrupt.. OWNED and CONTROLLED by foreign interests.

1. have you been so naive to trust ANY politician?
2. do you really think VOTING will help?
3. do you actually think there is NOT rigged elections?
4. do you not recall what happened to JFK and the Gipper?

the only answer is to aid in the destruction of america and THEN we can rebuild.

The ship is taking on water, all hands are bailing and bilge pumps running at max, yet the water line keeps creeping over the bow.

The ship is going to sink, why not start building a new one now?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Bassago

hoochymama23
reply to post by Bassago

In my mind Rand Paul didn't even have the guts to stand behind his own father. I'm not one to give way to expediency just because it may give me a political leg up down the road.

As far as responding to this thread, from you OP:

That did it, the fool Rand doesn't realize that yet. Turning against you own father, noone will forget that. It says more about character than anything he could EVER do.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

NthOther
He's a politician. You can't trust him. His father is/was a politician. You can't trust him either.

You can't trust politicians. You know you can't. Stop doing it.

Uh....I agree with everything you said but.....not what you said about the Good Doctor....he never caved, never gave up, never compromised, never voted opposite his convictions, never did anything they could use against him....

Ron Paul is the closest chance we ever had.....

the son.....he may be playing possum .... but he is losing his luster with me quickly.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I could not agree more.

I liked Ron Paul at first because he seemed different, but as it turns out, he's just another liar politician owned by Israel. Same Rand. Rand showed that he's a little patsy long ago. How anyone believes any of these lunatics is beyond me. We cannot proceed any further 'as is'. It all has to be reset and rebuilt from the ground up. When you see that most politicians are lawyers, family of bankers, etc., etc.. then you know there is something screwed going on. I think we are close to full-blown riots/revolu8tion/civil war. Scary times ahead

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
As others have said, Rand is not his father, but if we don't get anyone better from any of the parties this time around I may vote for him in hopes his dad knocks some sense into him.

Things my get desperate enough, he might turn to his father for advice and actually take it.
edit on 4-2-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I agree he is getting really popular but the GOP will try to hold him down. THe nomination process is rigged anyways so we will get another Bush or Maybe Christie.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Rand is not like Ron, but his is more practical and meticulous. He is slowly infiltrating his message. If u go all out like Ron, u will not be given a voice.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You mean a small thing like his position on immigration. He is bought and payed for by large corporations that want cheap labor at the expense of the US workforce. For that reason alone he deserve to be run out of office.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I can give you one big reason why I am not in support of Rand Paul. On April 25th, 2013 Rand Paul made a speech with a sign-language translator saying basically that the government needs to have the FDA allow more treatments for "rare" diseases.

See this link for the video I am speaking of, and an article about the rare diseases being targeted:

www.resourcesforlife.com...

While that is an honorary approach to getting some changes for people with life-hindering medical conditions, why have I never found him making a speech about more common diseases? Why is it that Rand Paul is in support of curing rare diseases, but hasn't (as far as I can see) stood up for the more common diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease (the three biggest killers in the USA)?

There is lots of alternative medical research for "the big 3 killers" in other countries. In Canada they have a potential cure for type 1 diabetes in the pipeline at more than one research project. I would think that if there is not a depopulation agenda in the world today, that these diseases should get primary attention. Don't get me wrong here, I want the rare diseases to be cured, but I would like to see politicians that are truly in support of curing the biggest killers.

One of my relatives said that because he is a doctor, that doctors don't want to start curing the "big" diseases, because that would cut into the profits of doctors that treat these people with these conditions, as well as all the medical device/pill manufacturers. They may be right about what they said.

The reason I mention this is because that relative sent a letter to the Congressman. His reply had nothing to do with the more "common" diseases. He just wanted them to send him money for his campaign! If he wants to take the in-one-ear, out-the-other approch, my family and I will never be in support of him.

When 2016 rolls around, I will not be voting for any of the "potential" candidates. None of them are in support of much of anything that I believe in. Then you know how most polititicans are, say one thing-do the opposite. Rand Paul doesn't seem to be much of a flip-flopper from what little I know, and that's a good thing. He will never get my support though.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

hoochymama23
reply to post by Advantage

I am not upset. I remember 6 yrs ago that this site was Buzzing for a change. Now, no buzz.

I think many of us are deflated due to the insane debacle of 2012 (and 2008 for that matter) and Rand Paul's Romney endorsement was part of the problem. We fought hard, and we got shunned by the GOP at every turn. We don't want to fight in their corner anymore. I think Rand came into it too late in the game cause many of us are just in a state of deflated "wtf" mode now. What I witnessed in the 2012 election was corruption, lying and cheating by the media and the GOP on a grand scale, the likes of which most could not even imagine.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I agree with you. There were 2 candidates that I would have voted for both of them if I could in 2008. Unfortunately, those candidates didn't stand a chance with the suppression of today. I think a lot of people are waking up to the sham of politics in the modern age. I predict that 2016 voter turnout will be the lowest per capita in MANY years.

I agree with Rand on some things. The thing I don't agree with is his 2nd largest industrial donor to his campaign is what is labeled as "Health Professionals." That may include doctors individually, but I am sure that we can bet money that some of those were big-pharma. Here is the link for Rand Paul's donor's list from 2009-2014, and the 2nd reason why he will not have my support:

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

hoochymama23
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

I totally understand that point. But aren't we at the Point that it doesn't matter anymore??

I understand the following:

Bush1 = Clinton = Bush2 = Obama

That covers what, 28 years?? Are you kidding me right now?? We are that Stupid??

Regardless, there has to be a Major Change.

Okay...what?

Not picking on you here because a lot of people do this...Elder Bush had been running the country during Reagans presidency, while Ronnie rehearsed speeches handed to him and ate jelly beans or whatever. We really have to go back to Kennedy to see any faces that might be different behind the curtains of political theater.

Those faces, and more importantly their financial backers, have "won".
Sorry.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Clinton was a major puppet. He done worst things that lied under oath. He is a big time rapists and killer.

Bob Bar that help get Clinton impeach is like another version of Ron Paul except he is more aggressive. He is no longer in the government that's why it went to hell.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
He's my Senator and I'll vote for him anytime he runs, not because I'm a libertarian (I am, but notice the small l, not a party member) but because I've met the man, had the opportunity to sit down, look him in the eyes and talk with him about the issues. Yes, he's still a member of the Republican party. Will he someday, somehow, come to the conclusion that he's not a good fit? I have no idea but I've been urging him to do so for as long as he has been considering entering the fray. I first met him at Fancy Farm, Kentucky in 2008 if memory serves me, when he was campaigning for his Dad. Since that time I've spoken with him on many occasions and each time I urge him to leave the two-headed beast. Who knows, perhaps the day will come that he will see his way to doing just that. It takes time, I've found and is very, very hard to gain ballot access in Kentucky if you are running as an independent or a third party. Believe me, been there, done that, and still have a few t-shirts from the run. You must understand that the election officers are ALL, every swinging one of them, a member of one of the major parties. They don't let the "outsiders" into their playpen easily.
However, there is hope. Over the past 2 years I've seen 3 candidates in our area who have been faithful party members all their lives, leave the party and go independent. That's a hopeful sign in my eyes.
You must understand that people brought up in a particular party take a long time to see what is actually in front of their eyes. I suppose it's a bit like a parent who doesn't really want to believe that little Johnny really stole that package of gum, then that X-box, and finally that car....
For people brought up in those major parties, it's right there next to their religion, their belief in their party. For years I've heard, "He may be a crook but he's our crook." Really. Honestly, I have heard those very words come out of their mouths. There is no end to the excuses when they see "their crook" doing the perp walk in stainless-steel bracelets! Just like those doting parents, they are blind to reality, even when confronted with the evidence.
Here's what Rand Paul does during the recess time from the Senate. He fixes the eyes of people who can't afford his services. He does it for free and gets the hospitals in the area to donate their services as well. To me, that's walking the walk while talking the talk.
He has consistently reduced the costs of his office.
Is he a human? Yep, with all human frailties. He has and will continue to make mistakes. My position is that he will learn from those mistakes and be a better person for it.
Do I agree with him on 100% of the issues? No. But then I've been living with a fellow for almost 30 years and we've never agreed 100% on every issue. The areas in which we agree are what I deem really important, a deeply-held belief in the principles expressed in the Constitution for the United States.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Im not a fan of Rand, BUT , he is WAY better than the others if ya ask me. Atleast he makes it public that he thinks inporting hemp from China is a bad idea when we could cultivate it here in the U.S. , since it has no THC it should be fine, even if it did have it, it would be fine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join