It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foot-Long, Sex-Crazed Snails That Pierce Tires and Devour Houses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

In a short time they will catch up with us and with our breeding ourselves off the planet and theirs heaven help us.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

TorqueyThePig
reply to post by chiefsmom

I live in Florida. It's not that bad. Well, as long as you spray for bugs every few months.

Oh and as long as your careful when you swim in the ocean or brackish water. You have to watch out for sharks, sting ray, jelly fish, manowar, saltwater crocodile, crabs, sea snakes, barracuda, moray eels, stone fish, goliath grouper etc.

Oh and as long as your careful in the woods and watch out for bear, panthers, rattlesnakes, cotton mouths, coral snakes, bobcats, scorpions, copperheads, wild pythons, wild boar, venomous spiders, mosquitoes, fire ants, bull ants, etc.

Oh and as long as your careful when you swim in a freshwater lake. You have to watch out for alligators, snapping turtles, gar, mud fish/bow fin, freshwater crabs, etc.

Now that I think about it......

edit on 4-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

You know I think I now know why I feel right at home when I am down in Central and South America I am from Florida.

Come to think of it a few years back they had to kill a few ponds because someone released some Pirana in them and don't forget the brain eating microbes in fresh water.

Get in touch with nature my arse that nature will kill you.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I forgot about the wild piranha! Wasn't there an episode on the river monsters show about them? I think it was in south Florida.

I believe the flesh eating bacteria killed a couple of people in Brevard County where I am from and live.

Yeah, I have been all over the Caribbean and Central America and the only thing that stood out to me were monkeys and some tropical birds. Most everything else I see in my backyard or ocean!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Get in touch with nature my arse that nature will kill you.

!!!

For shame. And fyi, death is part of life.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
All I read was, "Foot-long, Sex-Crazed Snails" and I was SURE that Rodinus and Cody were in cahoots again!
Sure enough, I found Rodinus here lol...(shouldn't you be Valentine's Day shopping for your missus?)

Anyways, Grimpachi...thanks for the thread. You have now made me VERY grateful that I'm up to my ying-yang in snow right now!

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

jacygirl
All I read was, "Foot-long, Sex-Crazed Snails" and I was SURE that Rodinus and Cody were in cahoots again!
Sure enough, I found Rodinus here lol...(shouldn't you be Valentine's Day shopping for your missus?)

Anyways, Grimpachi...thanks for the thread. You have now made me VERY grateful that I'm up to my ying-yang in snow right now!

jacygirl

*winks*

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

Yeah the monkeys are cool they will steal your stuff on some of the beaches though BTW aren't there some hepatitis monkeys running lose in Deland I though I read one attacked an older lady not long ago?

I am cautious of wood scorpions here (brown scorpions I think is their real name) I was stung by one about 10 years ago and swore up like a balloon I couldn't even recognize myself. A little benadryl and I was fine it only felt like a fire ant bite. Those suckers blend in though.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Ah yes diseased monkeys in Florida!

www.orlandosentinel.com...

I was bitten on the hand by a brown recluse several years ago while working a friends car. Ouch.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Even with all of that you know what's great?

I have the AC on today.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Sitting in my air conditioned office, in front of a fan typing a report with ATS in the background!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Nobody likes a drunk snail!

What needs to happen is Florida needs to think like the idiots at the DNR here where I live; Find the snails' natural predator and drop it in. Here where I live, to lower the deer population, instead of giving hunters an extra deer stamp, they dropped in coyotes. Now that coyotes have become a problem, the DNR has dropped in wolves. Wolves! Do wolves like snails? What will they bring to lower the wolf populace? Lions then elephants --I swear the DNR are nuts

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

LOL You and Grimpachi should seriously be working for the Florida tourism board or something.

We have way less animals that can kill us up here. Glad those snails aren't poisonous for pete's sake.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I was born and raised in Florida. It is my home and even though at times I get tired of the heat/humidity, I still love it. It is an awesome place to live with a lot of great things to see and do.

In my 30 years here I have been in the ocean hundreds of times and have never had an encounter with a shark. I have seen plenty of stingray and jelly fish but never stung by any of them.

One time in the woods I came about 50 yards from a bear and it's cub. I didn't bother them and they didn't bother me.

I see snakes all the time and they won't bother you if you keep your distance.

You really just have to be smart and adapt to your environment. Just like anywhere else in the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join