It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans outraged, nothing blown up. serious question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtHamsandwich

I believe TPTB are intent on starting a war - any war, at this point - be it a "race war" in america - or their real dream project "WW3" -

See, they make money off wars and conflicts - they get our young people killed as canon fodder for "their wars".

They are going down - their killing their own banksters right now -

Let's keep it that way -

They need us to be in debt more than we need them. They need to kill our children to make them profits.

Don't even get me started on BIG PHARMA.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Which exact add are you talking about? I have not seen any coca cola adds which might have caused such monumental offense, so a little clarification on that point would be helpful !

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This is more a problem with the use of the word outrage.

A bunch of fat, ignorant slobs tweeting about coka cola isn't outrage.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Hold it right there.

There's a whole 'nother part of America that you apparently aren't seeing. Not everybody are fat, lazy slobs. I promise you this. And there are a lot of people who will rise when the time is right. Look how many wars, revolutions, uprisings there have been in Americas short past. To think it won't or can't happen again is simply ignorant.

As far as the Coke commercial goes, it was made to offend people because most of America does speak English, and calling it an "immigrant country' is undermining a lot of history, and purposely, I might add. It's as bad as the people hollering about native Americans every time an American is pro-Palestinian.

And how many americans were "OUTRAGED" anyways? 12? 50? Where's the numbers? I'd be willing to bet that none too many were "outraged" at all. We expect the sickness all over TV. Not surprising anymore.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Stereotypes are wonderful, aren't they?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Some stereotypes hold true. This one, simply does not.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Fylgje
reply to post by eNumbra

Hold it right there.

There's a whole 'nother part of America that you apparently aren't seeing. Not everybody are fat, lazy slobs. I promise you this. And there are a lot of people who will rise when the time is right. Look how many wars, revolutions, uprisings there have been in Americas short past. To think it won't or can't happen again is simply ignorant.

Hold it right there.

You think I'm stating all Americans are fat ignorant slobs; I'm not, I'm saying Americans who complained about this commercial because the song was sung in languages other than English are fat, ignorant slobs.

As far as the Coke commercial goes, it was made to offend people because most of America does speak English, and calling it an "immigrant country' is undermining a lot of history, and purposely, I might add. It's as bad as the people hollering about native Americans every time an American is pro-Palestinian.

It is an immigrant country, its entire history is formed by and made up of immigrants and immigration.
edit on 2/4/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

tinner07
reply to post by Wabbey

What I am saying about the commercial is while I may not like it, I will not kill your daughter over it...big difference

You also don't live in a third world country which is controlled by religious extremism...

Big difference.

I'm kin of baffled that this entire thread is basically you saying that it's not stupid to demand that America the Brave be sung in English because Muslims kill people.

Your argument has zero symmetry to the case you bring up. Chip on the shoulder must be quite large.
edit on 5-2-2014 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I don't understand.

Also, the Benghazi "riots" weren't really over a movie. That is just what the media suggested to cover up the reality.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So, is your question Can we kill over something that angers/displeases us, or Why don't we kill over things that anger/displease us?

To answer the former, Yes, we can but we're generally too apathetic and preoccupied to care (unless we politicize and demonize it)

To answer the latter, A) some people do, but we're generally too apathetic and preoccupied to care, and B), DIFFERENT CULTURE.

In general, we are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT cultures with different value sets. That doesn't justify killing, but rationalizing a different culture by our own cultural standards is filled with error (especially if one don't completely understand the other culture—and most Americans are culturally ignorant (and they are likely ignorant about us)).

ETA:

Kinda like the two tribes: the warrior tribe and the peaceful tribe. Warriors are all, why don't they want to fight, and the peacefuls are, why they always wanna come get in our business and fight us. Neither makes sense to the other, but NEITHER ARE WRONG, they're just different.

edit on 6-2-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Conservatives feel the same way about patriotic songs being sung in foreign languages as Native Americans feel about songs in English.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

TheRegal
You also don't live in a third world country which is controlled by religious extremism...

Oh brother, if you don't have a clue about the topic then refrain from posting. Posting nonsense due to your need to defend a "minority" out of political correctness isn't helping anyone.

People have been murdered in Europe and Scandinavia because of Muslim intolerance for freedom of speech. Last time I checked Europe (pick a country) wasn't a "third world country which is controlled by religious extremism".

Like Theo Van Gogh in the Netherlands. (Link)
Or how about all the death threats to both Jyllands Posten and cartoonist Kåre Bluitgen? (Link)

As for the OP, he does have a point. The only difference is, is that the anger the few people felt didn't reverberate throughout the "hate" community. Unlike Muslims where that hate reverberates throughout the Islamic community.

edit on 6-2-2014 by Auricom because: Fixed link.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm just trying to figure out why anyone would be "outraged" at that Coke ad.

I saw it and i figured, "okay, Coke is worldwide". Did i miss something?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join