It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Science Guy’ Bill Nye vs. Creationist Ken Ham: Who Will Win the Big Debate?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

same as fire is created. friction/temperature/velocity/matter/chemistry.

BTW, I'm not an atheist.
I believe in evolution, and I also am fine with the idea of Intell. Design.

But, predominantly, I am AGNOSTIC. Watching all sides.

The string/multiverse theories add a lot to my 'thoughts.' The "Big Bang" all by itself never made sense to me - therefore, multiverses/parallel dimensions.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Do you not know how to cook? To, like, make a fire (light your stove or turn it on), put water in a pot, add some ingredients that include various nutrients, amino acids, blah blah "building blocks"...

and you get something that is not "fire", "water", "matter", "chemistry" only! It is stew.

Seriously! How hard is this??

The universe is still only barely known to us; I'm totally open to theories/ideas of how it got started, but, as I said: I don't see a battle between 'evolution' and 'the Source.'

edit on 2/4/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The source is me in the morning holding my breath and cleaning (scooping) out the cat box!! Running to the kitchen widow and getting fresh air.. repeat three times...Ahhhh..

here's the link again www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bumjuicer101

The very reason why this is useless.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by bumjuicer101

The very reason why this is useless.

hahaha!! Probably so...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I doubt either one will “win” this debate. Most of those who watch/listen-to the debate will have made up their minds long before now. And most will hear only what they want to hear, anyway. It’s like getting a democrat and republican to agree on ObamaCare. Despite the fact that the ACA is the law of the land, that in fact the healthcare mandate was originally a republican idea promoted by the Heritage Foundation, and the fact that the Supreme Court upheld it’s constitutionality you will be hard pressed to find a republican who supports it or finds any merit in it at all. I’m not taking sides on the ACA issue, and refuse to argue it here; that’s not what this thread is about. The point I’m trying to make is, this evolution/creationsim debate falls into the same bag. In the end, IMO, no one “wins” and no one “loses”.

Personally, I believe in evolution. I’ve never heard an objective argument against it. It’s validity is overwhelming, and is now considered by the scientific community to be more a “fact” than a “theory”. I mean, come on... the Earth is less than 10,000 years old? Give me a break.

So, I’m on the fence as to the necessity/import of this debate, as I doubt any minds will be changed as a result. Never the less, it might have some merit entertainment-wise. Should be fun...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Akragon
I talk to two of her siblings about their beliefs now... simply because her and i can not talk religion without her getting upset...
I stumped her sister... and her brother seems to only preach... even denies the bible says certain things even after I show him the verse...
Some things I can only chuckle at... I asked him once if he has ever met a wiccan... He didn't know what that was...
I told him wiccans are witches... and the bible says you should not let a witch live... He said, "No it doesn't"... *facepalm*

Congratulations! . . . You outsmarted a child . . .

You do realize that wildtimes thinks people like your girlfriend are the source of most the world's pain through all history?

I am just curious how you deal with being involved with such ignorant people?

-FBB
edit on 4-2-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yeah Its on!! With Nerd jokes too!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Bill Nye already smashed Ham

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Mr. Ham hahahahahah!!

sorry...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
my cat came in the room!! She usually stay's away because I play loud music!!

But, I Yelled Ham!! l0l!!

she ..left...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I can't resist - I have to share this. If you're religious, or have a problem with, shall we say, "flowery" language, you might not want to view this :-) For the rest, checkout this video. It's called George Carlin's Take on Religion. It's a hoot!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by netbound

I've heard that lol!! It's GOLD!!

Bill is talking about the Grand Canyon now...I road down to the bottom on A Mule. My ass was so bad..ohhhh...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think a lot of what Bill said went over peoples heads.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Who's winning?

What quarter is it?

Please don't tell me Payton is playing. . . . .

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I just learned from Mr Ham that before the flood that Lions and tigers were vegetarians.

err......WOW.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by beezzer

I just learned from Mr Ham that before the flood that Lions and tigers were vegetarians.

err......WOW.

And who says we don't learn anything on this site?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join